Based on figures culled from AdMob's mobile advertising platform, Android now accounts for some five ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Report: iPhone and Android taking everyone else’s market share

Advertisement

Based on figures culled from AdMob's mobile advertising platform, Android now accounts for some five percent of the smartphone share in the United States. This is a very healthy increase from the three percent reported in January. Of course, this looks like a mere drop in the ocean compared to the marketshare of competitors like RIM's BlackBerry and Apple's iPhone.

[Read More]

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    WOW! That IS revealing and a testimony, in part, to what great advertising can do IMO. All that growth will last too if Apple and the others deliver good, innovative products and service to the users.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Maybe I'm slow, but someone has to explain how this is not BS. It looks like someone is bad with statistics, because there is no way that the iPhone has 50% market share of smartphones in the US. It is officially offered on just one carrier and, even taking into account jailbroken phones running on T-Mobile, there is just no way that it could be accurate at this point. Verizon is huge and Sprint is still in business and the iPhone can't run on those carriers. That is arguably 40-50% of the smartphone US market right there that can't possibly be using the iPhone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I don't know but Verizon and Sprint, even tho they may have 40-50% of the cell market, doesn't necessarily mean that they have 40-50% of the smart phone market. Do some research, check some other sources and post it in here if you find different statistics. I'd love to know that you're right.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

elacogdhs no está en línea Stack level 2
    This is just the percentage of Advertising hits from a specific OS. Think of all the ads in Iphone games and apps and you can easily see why it is so high. This has nothing to do with the number of handsets in the market, Just advertising requests.

ajamudc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by elacogdhs View Post
    This is just the percentage of Advertising hits from a specific OS. Think of all the ads in Iphone games and apps and you can easily see why it is so high. This has nothing to do with the number of handsets in the market, Just advertising requests.
    I think you're right. It is a big jump from calculating the amount of web traffic through an advertiser to smartphone market share.

well i was reading on this on another forum same article someone did mention a great point that its also based on traffic bandwidth and with BB having it compressed the study is fault in that aspect because well we all know how the iphone loves to eat data like no other and BB loves to compress like no other dont get me wrong its awesome for BB's to do that but we have to take that into account so this study is kinda useless if you ask me