Many PinStackers and site guests are aware of the fact that, PinStack's goal (Smartphone Professionals ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Report: iPhone, Android, Blackberry users use the SAME apps

Advertisement

Many PinStackers and site guests are aware of the fact that, PinStack's goal (Smartphone Professionals Alliance) is not to polarize smartphone users based on what platform they currently use. We believe that at their core, smartphone users share the same basic needs. Thus, we actively support and encourage developers to ensure their apps support ALL the major smartphone platforms.

A report from Mplayit confirms how similar we smartphone users really are. Judging by a new piece of research which used an "app discovery service" on Facebook to track 42,000 visitors and the apps they preferred for a set of "genres", they report that the same apps tend to be popular no matter what the app store (Android Market, BlackBerry App World or iPhone App Store).

Read More

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Of the apps listed above I have Evernote, Aroundme, Pandora, Shazam, Amazon Mobile and Facebook installed.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    From the Android list I have: Pandora, Shazam, Shop Savvy, SnapTell, Facebook, Google Goggles, Google SkyMap, Barcode Scanner

I also have some apps from the BlackBerry and iPhone lists that also have versions for my DROID: iHeart Radio, Seesmic, Amazon, Bump, and eBuddy

Plus about 100 others
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Offender Location is on Droid and Iphone/Ipod as well...

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    It's hard to resist a good App no matter what platform it's on. Apps rule and we love-em.

I hope the developers understand this one.

Make a good App and it will do well on several popular platforms. This should help the Android Market grow.

Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I like this. I find it interesting that practically the same apps are used across platforms.