Well, ready or not, it's here. Today, Federal CIO Vivek Kundra unveiled the web address ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro

Ready For The Federal Government's App Store?

Well, ready or not, it's here. Today, Federal CIO Vivek Kundra unveiled the web address for federal agencies to purchase and download applications approved by the government to replace costly computer systems and servers. It's all part of the Obama administration's goal of bringing the federal government's computer systems into the 21st century utilizing cloud based techonology and "to help reduce the $75 billion annual budget for federal I.T. in the process" according to an article today from The New York Times.

Kundra asked, “Why should the government pay and build infrastructure that may be available for free? Some applications are free, and even if the government has to pay for the software, it might avoid the cost of buying servers and building data centers." Very smart thinking in tough economic times and a much better use of taxpayer dollars for necessary IT maintenance.

Check out the NYT article in full here.

More info can be found on the White House Blog.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    All I can say is "WoW"

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    Leave it to the government . . .

Carpe Diem!!

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Sooooo then.

Is this where we order WMD's?

J/K feds. I don't need DHS doing flyovers.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Guess Obama didnt like the win95 machine using a crt monitor and wired mouse as his daily driver in the O Office.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.6; en-us; T-Mobile G1 Build/DRC63) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1