New Raketu Web Application Optimized for Blackberry Allows Business Users to Make Free Calls and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Raketu Debuts VoIP Service Offering for BlackBerry

Advertisement

New Raketu Web Application Optimized for Blackberry Allows Business Users to Make Free Calls and Send SMS Text Messages Internationally.

Raketu, a leading global Internet communications, information, and entertainment company, today debuted its voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) calling web application optimized for the BlackBerry(R). The new web-based application allows business users of the BlackBerry Curve(TM), BlackBerry 8800 Series, and BlackBerry Pearl(TM) to make international calls totally free or at Raketu's ultra-low cost VoIP calling rates. Additionally, business users can send SMS Text Messages
    globally, and send email all from within the Raketu BlackBerry Application.

"With over twelve million users of the BlackBerry worldwide, the introduction of our Raketu BlackBerry Application marks our definitive entry into the mobile business market," said Greg Parker, president and CEO of Raketu. "For businesses whose employees initiate a significant number of international calls from their BlackBerry mobile devices, Raketu's BlackBerry Application is a great way to reduce monthly calling costs."

Raketu's BlackBerry Application Features
    Raketu's new BlackBerry Application is entirely web-based and does not require consumers to download any software. BlackBerry users can sign up and access the service via their BlackBerry web browser at BlackBerry.raketu.com. Using Raketu's BlackBerry application, users can call Internationally for free or at Raketu's ultra-low cost VoIP calling rates. Raketu users who sign up and make a payment of USD9.95, USD24.95 or USD49.95 to their Raketu account are eligible for
    up to 600 free calling minutes per month towards BlackBerry initiated phone-to-phone calls. See www.Raketu.com for details and free zones.

Additionally, Raketu's BlackBerry Application allows users to send SMS Text Messages globally at the lowest international text rates available. The application can also be used to send email.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: Raketu Debuts VoIP Service Offering for BlackBerry

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~hmmmm this is interesting because it includes the sms feature. Definately will give non. T-mobile users a chance to experience the hotspot@home service to an extent. And I stress the to the extent.

cookieberry no está en línea Stack level 2

I agree! Due to the fact that T-mobile will add the service even if you have just the data plan and then say "oops, you can't use it...sorry".

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

good information..
    -------
    PacketRat
    258CDFE8

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

For one, I really appreciate Hayden, whoever he is, sending out all this new info day after day. PinStack is not only great for help and advise but it's a great place to stay in touch with the new stuff coming out. Sometimes it's more than most of us can keep up with, much less evaluate.

On that point, there seem to be several of these voip services that work with smart phones - I just heard about EQO not too long ago - I know there are others. Does anyone have knowledge of a comparison of these products...even the different features?. That would help some of us who are overwhelmed by all the choices and really don't have the time to be guinea pigs on all of it. Just thought I'd ask

Thanks,
    jblackfish

luc-mobile no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried it and I didn't like it. It is not a Blackberry phone app, they just have a Web page that might have been especially formatted for the Blackberry (since there is an iPhone page too). That is very inconvenient because there is no integration with the phone's address book. I have to open the site, log in, then fill in a Web form with the two phone numbers I want to connect (including mine) every time I want to make a call. Not only that, I explored their site for one minute, clicked a link to http://BlackBerry.raketu.com and had to log in again! They never heard of cookies? No way I'm going through all that hassle to make a call.
    Last edited by luc-mobile; 01-12-2008 at 03:02 PM.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    Just to let ya know jblackfish Hayden is the guy who runs and owns pinstack so we all are thankfull of the wonderfull work he does, Thanks Hayden

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    Just to let ya know jblackfish Hayden is the guy who runs and owns pinstack so we all are thankfull of the wonderfull work he does, Thanks Hayden
    Thanks Vince,

One doesn't have to roam the stacks very long to see his presence in it. He's all over the place with info, comments, etc. and other great stuff.. This site has been the greatest internet discovery I've made in years - I don't know how I had a BB for 1 1/2 years without looking for a user forum - thankfully, Pinstack was the result of my search.