Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

QuickPlay Media, a leader in mobile TV and video solutions today announced the availability of ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

QuickPlay Media Introduces First Free Streaming Video Service for Blackberry

Advertisement

QuickPlay Media, a leader in mobile TV and video solutions today announced the availability of VideoStreams, the first free* video streaming service for BlackBerry smartphones from Research In Motion (RIM) (Nasdaq: RIMM; TSX: RIM). The streaming video service features a variety of entertainment content, including music videos, comedy, horoscopes and extreme sports, and is available immediately to customers in the United States and Canada.

VideoStreams is initially available on the BlackBerry® Pear 8130 smartphone to subscribers on North American wireless carrier networks that support EVDO**, such as Sprint Nextel, Bell Mobility, Telus Mobility and Alltel Wireless. Eligible customers can visit www.videostreamsmobile.com using the BlackBerry® Browser to download the VideoStreams application over the air and to start using the service right away. Videos are streamed to the smartphone so there are no long waits to view the content, and unlike download services, no additional on-device storage is required. The service also includes a “send to a friend” feature to allow users to share video clips with friends and family.

QuickPlay currently offers streaming audio services for BlackBerry smartphones via QuickPlayer Audio, the first audio streaming service introduced for the BlackBerry platform. QuickPlay also offers a white label video streaming solution for mobile operators that enables them to provide a custom branded service to their customers with content from their partners, from QuickPlay partners, or from a combination of both.

“The mobile market is exploding – with new applications, devices, and services introduced to the world each day – and RIM is a company at the forefront of this rapidly changing marketplace,” said Wayne Purboo, CEO and co-founder, QuickPlay Media. “We are excited to continue our history of innovation by being the first to offer BlackBerry smartphone customers free access to our high quality video services."

“BlackBerry smartphones are attracting a wider range of mobile customers who want to use more personal applications and entertainment services,” said Jeff McDowell, vice president, Global Alliances at Research In Motion. "In turn, this trend is attracting a new class of developer partners, like QuickPlay, who are creating consumer and lifestyle applications that deliver new experiences for BlackBerry smartphone users."

QuickPlay’s VideoStreams service will be available worldwide to more regions and mobile operators as additional BlackBerry smartphones that support streaming video are rolled out on various wireless networks

* Wireless data usage charges may apply. Check with your wireless carrier.
    ** Where permitted by wireless carrier. Check with your wireless carrier.

About QuickPlay Media
    QuickPlay Media provides content management and service delivery solutions for mobile television and video services. The QuickPlay OpenVideo™ platform offers maximum flexibility and streamlined application integration for mobile operators, media companies and technology partners. OpenVideo works in many different mobile content ecosystems, seamlessly operating with major search, advertising, billing and user interface frameworks. QuickPlay Media Inc. has offices in Toronto, San Francisco and London. For complete information, please visit www.quickplay.com.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Re: QuickPlay Media Introduces First Free Streaming Video Service for Blackberry

oh man this is exciting i can't wait for other carriers to catch up and get this going for their service as well
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

i(heart)mybb1 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: QuickPlay Media Introduces First Free Streaming Video Service for Blackberry

im tired of waiting for blackberry to do catch-up with all this streaming videos/media stuff when Windows Mobile smart phones already have all this available already. this is very good news, very very good, finally...

Last edited by i(heart)mybb1; 01-15-2008 at 04:09 AM.

gqswagga no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218879E8

Doing the download process I get a message that says 907 Invalid COD what does that mean and how can I fix it
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

It's for the 8130.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

jh011880 no está en línea Stack level 1

I got it downloaded but doesn't give me any options to play anything. I have a pearl.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963
    Quote Originally Posted by jh011880 View Post
    I got it downloaded but doesn't give me any options to play anything. I have a pearl.
    What model?

grandview no está en línea Stack level 2

Movy.tv has actually been streaming video, live and archived, to BlackBerries for quite a while now.
    It is also a UGC site so you can stream your own videos after you upload them.

indmind01 no está en línea Stack level 1

is this setup only for the 8130 or can i install this software on my 8100 pearl? If so what is the procedure to complete this process?

NAPPYDREADZ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249F0C9E

I tried this and unfortunately I was unsuccessful to getting any videos to open. Have anyone got lucky?

mdana no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I also downloaded it on my 8130 for VZW and got it working but I can't get a video to play. Has anyone got it to work correctly yet?

kgoodbinder no está en línea Stack level 1

I downloaded it and all I get is the opening loading screen ..but nothing loads and no videos play lol....I have a blackberry pearl

Any answers?

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

I downloaded it also and gave it a day or so to try. Both in and out of highspeed areas. I hate to say it but it does not work very well. I was able to get one video to play, choppy, digital chatter and kept cutting out. Every other time I tried using it, it took upwards of 5 minutes to finally load to the video screen but no video. Good thing it was free, would have been a huge waste of money otherwise.

kimoliscious no está en línea Stack level 2

I too cannot get beyond the loading page...

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE 8130! NOT THE Pearl 8100!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast