May. 5, 2008 Quickoffice, Inc., the leading global provider of mobile office productivity software and ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quickoffice Announces the Acquisition of DynoPlex

Advertisement

May. 5, 2008 Quickoffice, Inc., the leading global provider of mobile office productivity software and solutions, today announced it has acquired DynoPlex, a leading developer of mobile office document management solutions. DynoPlex recently launched the first native Microsoft Office suite for BlackBerry devices, enabling the viewing and editing of native office files. The acquisition strategically enhances Quickoffice's unique position as the premier mobile office software provider for major platforms, including Symbian S60, UIQ, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile, iPhone and Google Android. Quickoffice is now able to expand on its strong Symbian market position and enter key markets in North America.

"This acquisition comes at a great time for our customers, partners and company," said Alan Masarek, CEO of Quickoffice. "It is an exciting step in our ongoing commitment to provide mobile productivity solutions across all the major operating systems. We're now uniquely positioned to be the only company with such a robust, award-winning product line that gives on-the-go professionals the tools they need to remain highly productive while away from the office."

With the companies' combined engineering teams, Quickoffice will accelerate the development of mobile office suite software to additional platforms and devices. Ultimately, with the benefit of Quickoffice's development, marketing and distribution expertise, the acquisition will significantly increase the products and markets the company serves, furthering its commitment to the mobile professional market.

"Quickoffice has innovative, best-of-class technology and has pioneered and led the mobile office market for years," Michael Averbach, co-founder and CEO of DynoPlex. "They have an excellent reputation with original equipment manufacturers, mobile operators and most importantly, their ever-expanding worldwide user base. We're excited about the opportunity to accelerate their cross-platform objectives."

Exact terms of the acquisition are not being disclosed. For more information on Quickoffice and its complete suite of products, please visit http://www.quickoffice.com. DynoPlex, headquartered in New York, brings both Fortune 500 enterprise customers and consumers to Quickoffice. Additional information on DynoPlex can be found at http://www.dynoplex.com.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Hopefully this makes an excellent product I use even better!

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    Yeah, and hopefully it makes the eOffice app a little cheaper. I don't feel comfortable paying 60.00 for the program, because phones get dropped. However, drop it down to 30 or 40, and then we've got something!
    Hi. :D

djaar no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hope they deal with the numerous existing issues. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

betavirus no está en línea Stack level 2
    I hope Quickoffice fires everyone in the Dynoplex Customer Service Department.

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    I have to admit that their CS/TS is lacking and needs an overhaul.

donc36 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by cgaliffi View Post
    I have to admit that their CS/TS is lacking and needs an overhaul.
    I'm usually pretty critical of support companies provide, but I found Dynoplex to be very responsive. I had an issue a few weeks ago, and they stayed on top of it until it was resolved (and it was something I caused when I registered the new version - wasn't a bug). They even handed it over from one shift to another as it spanned the day.

Not saying you didn't have a less than pleasant experience, but my recent experience with their support was very positive.

Don

alex63 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Been having issues with the Fax feature telling me that it did indeed send the fax and yet I never received it on my fax machine sitting 3 feet away. Tried dealing with support for 2 weeks now. My trial ended and so did my interest in eOffice. I will wait for an alternative, to think I nearly spent $70.00 and can't get tech support to respond to a serious issue. If this is how they treat a potential customer what happens after they have your money?

djaar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Once they have your money,they blame the issues on your carrier or corporate policy. Obviously, you won't find any information about that on their website before you buy.I think they packaged too many utilities in one solution without making sure they all were ready for prime time. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~