QANTAS cabin staff are toting BlackBerry smartphones in a trial of new customer service techniques. ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!

Qantas staff fly with BlackBerry

QANTAS cabin staff are toting BlackBerry smartphones in a trial of new customer service techniques.

The airline has bought 400 BlackBerrys to investigate replacing paper-based customer service forms, according to Qantas chief information officer Jamila Gordon.

Onboard the plane, a customer service manager records information on the BlackBerry and after landing the device is synchronised with computers to download the data.

The trial, which kicked off in mid-June, was expected to last until the end of the year, Ms Gordon said.

Productivity gains would be more transparent by then, she said. Qantas plans to purchase more BlackBerrys as the project progresses.

The airline spent considerable time on its quest for a chief information officer after losing long-time technology executive Fiona Balfour in early 2006.

Ms Balfour left to become Telstra's CIO but she resigned from the telco 10 months later.

When she jumped ship, John Willet stepped in as Qantas tech chief but his term was always meant to be temporary due to his approaching retirement.

[read more]
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 07-01-2008 at 01:34 PM. Reason: fixed formatting

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Gotta love those Aussie's, eh mate??

sanzen71 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Dang I wish I could close a business line like that! I would be in heaven!

oaussieo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Go Aussie

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oy, Oy, Oy

That's Grouse, Mate