Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Originally Posted by Julian22 Hello Jsaradhi, On our Proxpro's BB 8300, the "pull " feature ... Smartphone News forum

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Julian22 View Post
    Hello Jsaradhi, On our Proxpro's BB 8300, the "pull " feature is working without the uncaught exception. Could this be a connectivity problem? I'll keep an eye out for the problem. Occasionally it is a good idea to re-load and re-set the program.

15 minutes after a calendar event, Proxpro updates and moves onto the next event. So it may have come and gone without you noticing. When device is sleeping it does normally appear on home screen. We intend to add a non-intrusive chime sound, one chime for 30 minutes until when to leave, 2 chimes for 5 minutes. What do you think? Thansk for the feedback and support. Thanks to PinStack, Proxpro Prompt won 1,500 subs in 72 hours. Best wishes, Julian
    oh thanks...i will keep trying and see if i get that error again...

hopefully u add alerts soon..that would be great! let us know when u update the software...

Julian22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Proxpro in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by treecare View Post
    It sounds good, I am interested in system that works in the UK. Any thoughts?
    Thanks for your interest. Unfortunately Proxpro will not work outside N. America.

As a Brit I know how bad the traffic can be! Congestion is far worse in the UK than in the US NorthEast. Roll out in the UK is on the route map, but I'm not able to give a precise date. Please drop me an email at julianbourne at sign proxpro.com and I shall advise you when Proxpro becomes available in the UK.

Best,

Julian Bourne
    CEO, Proxpro Inc.

cbrownstone no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Proxpro Prompt

Will Proxpro Prompt work on the 8100 Pearl?

greenmr no está en línea Stack level 2

No workie on my 8300

Definitely does not work on my Rogers 8300 Curve. It will not save my preferences... in the initial setup it would not respond to the "Next" button when entering my addresses and email, and subsequently when trying to set them in preferences, it accepts the "Save" button when you press "Escape" from the settings screen, but then doesn't actually save anything. Also, after trying to save this way I start getting the uncaught exception error others have noted.

I was hoping this app would work with my BT GPS puck that works fine with BB Maps and Google Maps. Uninstalled it for now.

greenmr no está en línea Stack level 2

Business model

I'm curious what the business model is for this app? There doesn't appear to be any obvious way to monetarise this free service. Is there advertising revenue to come? Registration fee when out of beta? Nobody else here seems to have questioned how development of this application is supported.

Porting to Pearl is next priority

Quote Originally Posted by cbrownstone View Post
    Will Proxpro Prompt work on the 8100 Pearl?
    A Pearl version is not available for now. Proxpro's next priority is to port to Pearl and Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmr View Post
    Definitely does not work on my Rogers 8300 Curve. It will not save my preferences... in the initial setup it would not respond to the "Next" button when entering my addresses and email, and subsequently when trying to set them in preferences, it accepts the "Save" button when you press "Escape" from the settings screen, but then doesn't actually save anything. Also, after trying to save this way I start getting the uncaught exception error others have noted.

I was hoping this app would work with my BT GPS puck that works fine with BB Maps and Google Maps. Uninstalled it for now.
    Dear Mr. Green,

Thanks for your feedback. The problems saving during set up, may be due to a poor signal, or slow response from the server; the uncaught exception may be due to the problems entering data at setup; and preferences' bug we are aware of and is currently being worked on. Within 14 days we will have a much improved new version. The load on the webserver has grown substantially, we are increasing capacity also.

Try reloading the app at http://wap.proxpro.com/prompt

I have not tested the application using a puck, however anecdotally we have heard customers saying Proxpro works well without GPS at all (using home and work addresses in preferences).

Best wishes,

Julian Bourne
    CEO & Founder, Proxpro Inc.

Proxpro Business Model

Quote Originally Posted by greenmr View Post
    I'm curious what the business model is for this app? There doesn't appear to be any obvious way to monetarise this free service. Is there advertising revenue to come? Registration fee when out of beta? Nobody else here seems to have questioned how development of this application is supported.
    Hello GreenMr, Thank you for your question on Proxpro's business model. If you would like to email me at julianbourne at sign proxpro.com . I can give you more information.

KatieM no está en línea Stack level 1

GPS for the curve

Hey everyone I am new to BB and I want to add GPS and email to my BB. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated. I have the curve 8330 and currently have an hotmail email account so I dont know if it will work. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys xx

Proxpro Prompt v0.2: New Look and New Features

Proxpro Prompt v0.2: New Look, New Features and Bugs Fixed

PinStack, Thank you so much for your questions and support.

Download Prompt v0.2 on your BlackBerry at http://wap.proxpro.com/prompt

With well over 3,000 downloads in the last 30 days and press praising Prompt as "a service more intelligent and resourceful than anything we've seen before", we are pleased to be able to release an even better version of Prompt, in the next few days.

New Look to the Prompt Countdown Alarm Screen:

- It is always important to see where we are going. The Prompt countdown alarm has been moved to the top of the screen so the trip, that best avoids traffic, is visible start to finish.

- As you progress on your the map adjusts enlarging to show more detail the closer to your destination get. Use Prompt to navigate.

- A new "LocateMe" feature is available in the menu so you can quickly update your start location, without having to wait for GPS.

7-day Forward Visibility to Make Trip Planning Easy

- The Prompt calendar now opens at today's date and you can plan your trips for the next 7 days.

- Flip between your BlackBerry applications and Prompt using the "call end" key. The "escape key" will take you back to the calendar.

- Switch Prompt on/off in preferences, whenever you like.

Bugs fixed in Version 0.2
    1. MyCommute, daily commute on/off
    2. Central, Pacific, Mountain time zones for MyCommute
    3. Updating synced events to Prompt calendar
    4. Uncaught Exceptions in preferences
    5. If last known location is incorrect you can quickly correct start location

Please let me know if you any further feature requirements. julianbourne "at" sign proxpro.com.

Best wishes,

Julian Bourne
    CEO & Founder

Proxpro Inc.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456