Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Originally Posted by hayden Proxpro Prompt beta for Blackberry is a free GPS solution that ... Smartphone News forum

mwgaston no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2419978D

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Proxpro Prompt beta for Blackberry is a free GPS solution that monitors real-time traffic and calculates estimated travel time required to get to your next appointment in your smartphone’s digital calendar.

Proxpro displays the fastest route to avoid congestion and tells you exactly when to leave. If there is an accident while you are traveling on your intended route, Proxpro will warn you that the travel duration will increase and show an alternative route.

Key features of Proxpro Prompt for Blackberry include:
    + get “when to leave alerts” based on a combination of real-time and predicted traffic
    + see the optimum (fastest) route avoiding congestion
    + confirm on-route you will arrive on-schedule
    + store customized locations
    + check daily commute for accidents and construction

http://www.proxpro.com/Prompt.html

[Read more]
    Download an installed without a problem however everytime I start the program I get Error cannot connect to server cannot read calandar

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    it keeps running in the background, however doesn't pop up when an appointment approaches. when i open proxpro, it shows me the map with timeline...but isn't it supposed to alert me by itself when a meeting approaches?

Julian22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Wifi location / cell id and Proxpro

Quote Originally Posted by dbh1 View Post
    Julian, sounds like a great application. I am currently using a tmobile 8320 with wifi, but don't have a real gps built-in. Will your application support cell-id or triangulation based locations? I know there is someone in the market also mapping wifi spots to add an additional datapoint. This would probably preclude the ability for it "ding" on a turn, but could still have a general idea of where I am and give me something halfway between printed directions / traffic updates and real GPS.

If not, I will check you out again whenever RIM comes out with an upgrade that I like.

Thank you!
    Thanks for your question dbh1.

I love Skyhook's product, wifi location (so innovative). For now we are just focusing on GPS. In the future it may be an option.

Best,

Julian

Proxpro Prompt - Push alerts

Quote Originally Posted by jsaradhi View Post
    it keeps running in the background, however doesn't pop up when an appointment approaches. when i open proxpro, it shows me the map with timeline...but isn't it supposed to alert me by itself when a meeting approaches?
    Each calendar event should be available pushed (automatic) and pulled (clicking on the time of an appointment in the prompt calendar). I believe we fixed this bug last night, so appointments should activate the Prompt "when to leave" screen 30 minutes before the latest departure time automatically. For more information see Proxpro Prompt FAQs

connection error, bandwidth and demand for Proxpro Prompt

Quote Originally Posted by mwgaston View Post
    Download an installed without a problem however everytime I start the program I get Error cannot connect to server cannot read calandar
    Hello mwgaston,

I got the same problem yesterday. I had to try 2/3 times at around 3pm. We are getting huge demand on the server, and I believe the server requests are being timed out occasionally. I am in the process of adding more resource and bandwidth to deal with the demand.

On a general note I am really grateful for the support PinStack has given this new idea. As a result of your interest, Proxpro has been flooded by download requests, nearly 1,500 in 72 hours. Thank you very much!
    Last edited by Julian22; 05-30-2008 at 04:22 PM. Reason: forgot the title

Proxpro Prompt (without GPS activated) still delivers when to leave screen

correct me if i'm wrong julian...but i dont think you need a gps for this...u can type in ur work and home addresses and it still will work...i dont have my gpsr on now and it still works (i have a 8300 with att)!
    Hi jsaradhi,

This is interesting and great news! We have not tested Proxpro Prompt without GPS. Early on, we just wanted to limit the variables. I always intended for GPS not to be a pre-requisite. Thank you for your help.

Best,

Julian

Repeat "Set up" - click agree to terms of use

why is it that the setup runs every time the bb is restarted? it shud be saving all my preferences...right?
    In my experience, if you have not clicked OK to the terms of use and privacy, you will continue to get the set up screen. I haven't seen this problem on our devices or emulator. Please let me know if this helps.

Best,

Julian

OS 4.5 - no BlackBerry emulator

Quote Originally Posted by lodans View Post
    I have loaded the app and set the preferences. If I try to go back to them I get an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" and the app shuts down. I am running OS 4.5.037 on and ATT BES Curve 8310.
    Unfortunately there is no emulator available for the BlackBerry OS 4.5 yet. So I am not able to replicate this error. On BlackBerry OS 4.2 there is no problem. I am adding more engineering resource, so I hope we can tackle this problem.

Proxpro Prompt: Traffic Coverage, convenience, personalization + timeliness

i have a question though...the traffic updates-are they only for big cities or do u support all cities?
    I believe Proxpro Prompt is the best advanced traveler information system ever devised. We cover over 100 cities with real-time data and over 800,000 mile of roads with aggregated data by time of day and day of week. The key is how you integrate real-time / historic data to give you an accurate prediction of your trip.

It is not only our coverage and accuracy that are better than the competition. Aspects that are equally important are: convenience, personalization, ease of use and timeliness. If you would like to read more click here.

PC-based web solutions fall short against all these variables. If you are relying on historic data, as you do from mapping portals, you will never be quite certain if it is correct. Non-reoccurring traffic needs real time data element because non-reoccuring congestion adds 40%, on average, to journey times. If you are interested to learn more click here

klgmd no está en línea Stack level 3

Installation Fails

When I download the program I keep getting the following error:

907 Invalid COD
    A network error occurred

Does anyone know how to get around this? I am using an 8310 AT&T

I tried emailing the Support Site but their response failed to address the problem. It just gave me the same download site with the same instructions. I have tried downloading it via ota and via Deskmanager (4.3). Both ways lead to the same error message and after two followup emails to support...still no reply since the original one that did not address it.

fjl307 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Will be useful - if only the fascists at Verizon didn't lock up the GPS.

GPS may not be necessary

Quote Originally Posted by fjl307 View Post
    Will be useful - if only the fascists at Verizon didn't lock up the GPS.
    A post above says that GPS may not be necessary for getting when to leave alerts. home, office and other regular locations can be stored.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian22 View Post
    In my experience, if you have not clicked OK to the terms of use and privacy, you will continue to get the set up screen. I haven't seen this problem on our devices or emulator. Please let me know if this helps.

Best,

Julian
    hi julian...congrats on the downloads and the response...if the idea is good, pinstack users will help u spread the word, test it and then of course use it too....

coming to your reply, i remember clicking on ok for terms for use and privacy...i will post back if it doesn't work for me...

and yes, if my gps puck is not turned on, it says "can not identify your exact location" and then gives me option to locate me using gps or choose an address based on my home, office or any address from appointments (this week's probably as i do not see all my addresses) or i can even type in a location and i select an address and it brings up the trip planner. again a thumbs up!

update: i get uncaught exception: illegal argument exception...when i try to "pull" up the countdown timer...this happens with or without gps turned on.

i saw ur post saying that proxpro shud bring up the when to leave screen...i will test it and hopefully it will work! i do have another question regarding this when to leave screen...what happens if my phone is sleeping in the pouch or holster and is locked? i dont think it alerts me when the "when to leave" screen pops up...or did i miss it? if it doesn't yet, it would be a great feature to have.
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 06-02-2008 at 02:19 PM.

hi julian...congrats on the downloads and the response...if the idea is good, pinstack users will help u spread the word, test it and then of course use it too....

coming to your reply, i remember clicking on ok for terms for use and privacy...i will post back if it doesn't work for me...

and yes, if my gps puck is not turned on, it says "can not identify your exact location" and then gives me option to locate me using gps or choose an address based on my home, office or any address from appointments (this week's probably as i do not see all my addresses) or i can even type in a location and i select an address and it brings up the trip planner. again a thumbs up!

update: i get uncaught exception: illegal argument exception...when i try to "pull" up the countdown timer...this happens with or without gps turned on.

i saw ur post saying that proxpro shud bring up the when to leave screen...i will test it and hopefully it will work! i do have another question regarding this when to leave screen...what happens if my phone is sleeping in the pouch or holster and is locked? i dont think it alerts me when the "when to leave" screen pops up...or did i miss it? if it doesn't yet, it would be a great feature to have.
    Hello Jsaradhi, On our Proxpro's BB 8300, the "pull " feature is working without the uncaught exception. Could this be a connectivity problem? I'll keep an eye out for the problem. Occasionally it is a good idea to re-load and re-set the program.

15 minutes after a calendar event, Proxpro updates and moves onto the next event. So it may have come and gone without you noticing. When device is sleeping it does normally appear on home screen. We intend to add a non-intrusive chime sound, one chime for 30 minutes until when to leave, 2 chimes for 5 minutes. What do you think? Thansk for the feedback and support. Thanks to PinStack, Proxpro Prompt won 1,500 subs in 72 hours. Best wishes, Julian

treecare no está en línea Stack level 1
    It sounds good, I am interested in system that works in the UK. Any thoughts?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast