Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Potentially a great app. If only it worked...... Smartphone News forum

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Potentially a great app. If only it worked...

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I guess no beta for the 8330 yet...only earlier models.
    I email them and asked them if it could be used on the 8330 Curve.
    And I just got an email from the CEO & Founder Julian Bourne saying

>>>"Thanks for your email. It should work very well on your BlackBerry Curve. (GPS must be activate / only in USA and Canada).
    Click this link: http://wap.proxpro.com/prompt and follow the instructions.
    The program reads valid addresses in the BlackBerry native calendar. A valid address includes street address, city and state. Let me know if I can help in any way.<<<

So I just downloaded and will play around with it some.
    Last edited by BklynEddie; 05-26-2008 at 07:51 PM. Reason: I missed something
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Julian22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thank you for the post and thanks to all of you for trying out Proxpro Prompt. To answer the questions above:
    - Proxpro will work on all Curve models / 8800 with activated GPS
    - The service is working well today, if there is no valid address the event will not display in your Prompt Calendar
    - Proxpro is disabled outside the USA and Canada
    - if you have not received an email from Proxpro go to http://wap.proxpro.com/prompt in your BlackBerry browser
    - a valid address includes street name, city and state
    - If you have any further questions email me at julianbourne at sign proxpro.com

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    I did notice something. There is no way to shut off or stop the program from
    always running. And I know from other programs that use your GPS, it does a heavy battery drain. Especially if it has to keep updating and looking for your location.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

Proxpro GPS - battery drain not an issue - here's why

Hi Eddie,

You are correct, with most GPS applications you need to watch out for battery drain. However while designing the application we realized this was an important issue. The two activities that might cause problems in other applications are:
    - getting an initial location fix
    - regularly updating location while traveling

- 2 hours before your departure time, one location query is made, - if location is not calculated (because you are indoors) a choose location screen is activated, where you choose home, office or an alternative address.

- While you are traveling Proxpro updates location once every minute. Most navigation applications update every couple of seconds.

From my experience I have not noticed incremental battery drain.

Best,

Julian Bourne
    Proxpro, CEO and Founder

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Thanks Julian for the info. Sounds like there won't be a battery drain,
    with this program. But for me personally, I don't like having programs
    open/running in the background unless I'm using it and/or need it to be on.
    Like your program, would be on today if I had to work or do some kind of traveling,
    but since it was/is a holiday and I'm sitting home, I wouldn't have it running today.
    And like on Sat and Sun, I wouldn't need to have it running on those days if I wasn't doing something and needed the info.

Thanks for the feedback. Just so it is clear: Proxpro is closed / not running unless you have a valid location for an imminent calendar event; or, you have "My commute activated. You can switch the "My Commute" off in menu | preferences; With other events Proxpro won't be working if there are no valid locations in your calendar. The "Push" technology is designed to only activate when there is a valid location. By making it automated our customers can be aware of non-reoccurring traffic (unexpected) on their route ahead of time, and that's when Proxpro is most valuable. I respect your viewpoint, I'll take another look at modulation of functionality for the next version.

PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    Thanks for the info. So even so it shows in the background it's not really running
    unless you have the locations already in the program, which sounds good.
    As for the locations, do they have to be an exact address (address numbers & street)? Or can we just use zip codes? Or what about just intersections?

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Julian, I'm having a problem saving my home and work address. Am I missing something?
    iPhone...Get One!!

GODLY 1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30E95146
    I've tried and tried to get my appointments to show up in proxpro prompt, which never happen. Downloaded the program twice to no prevail. Also had the same problem that EB speaks of.

Proxpro Valid locations: Zip codes, intersections

Proxpro does do some language recognition when assessing the calendar event location. So it works with just street name (no number needed), city and state. It will not recognize just a zip code, or street intersection. In due course we hope to improve this feature, and undertake better interpretation.

Please see demo at www.proxpro.com for more information.

Hi Godly1, please email me directly at julianbourne at sign proxpro.com. I'm sorry you are having problems with addresses. Julian

abs777 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2
    How the heck do you un-install this app? It doesn't show up as anything recognizable as "ProxPro" in my application list....
    Last edited by leemcarthur; 05-27-2008 at 03:29 AM.

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2
    nevermind, it installs as "PIMSync".....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast