Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blackberry has released a new version of Pocket Mac Version 4.1.25! New in this edition ... Smartphone News forum

mykeandme no está en línea Stack level 2

Pocket Mac *UPDATE* Version 4.1.25

Advertisement

Blackberry has released a new version of Pocket Mac Version 4.1.25! New in this edition is:

New in version 4.1.25 is:
    • Built-in support for syncing photos from iPhoto and MP3 (non-protected) music from iTunes (Been waiting for this one!!!)
    • Entourage 2008 and LotusNotes 7 support
    • Sync Notes with the new OS X Mail program
    • Support for the newest models of BlackBerry device released up to May of 2008
    Download from http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Happy Downloading!!!

cerote no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hopefully this one will actually work.

Hyperplex no está en línea Stack level 2
    FINALLY! I can't wait to get home and try this.

Doozerbb no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248628d3
    Still cant load apps

I was able to load apps on the old version even though syncing didn't work with Entourage 2008. My first sync yesterday with 2008 and the new PocketMac worked wonderfully, although each sync module crashed and had to be relaunched, the physical syncing worked as intended.

UPDATE: I did a little research and found the culprit for the consistent module crashes - Logitech Control Center 2.4. While PocketMac's support team tell you to uninstall LCC 2.4, the better solution is to download the latest 2.6 update and install it. That along with uninstalling the Unsanity Application Enhancer clears up the issue.
    Last edited by Hyperplex; 08-15-2008 at 10:33 PM.

greenmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am having loads of trouble with 4.1.25. I was syncing fine with my pearl 8100 on 4.0.20b, but was told do an upgrade to 4.1.25 by the RIM guys before syncing my new curve 8310 for the first time...Now I can't sync either one. The RIM guys are telling me that my Address Book is corrupted citing the following from my sync logs.log:

Downgrading the following record:
    John Smithy
    The following text has triggered this downgrade:

They no longer have 4.0.20b and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I have completely rebuilt my Address Book and uninstalled / reinstalled 4.1.25 4 times. If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

I am running a PowerBook G4 on OSX 10.5.4.

Google PocketMac and click on the RIM link about 5 entries down.

Go there, click to download PocketMac, then select PocketMac 4.0.20b from the dropdown list, it should be the second choice. Downgrade and see if your troubles go away.

Another option to try is to completely overwrite either the device or your computer with the address copy that is not corrupt, or perhaps delete that one record and re-enter it manually. I personally use Entourage, and any issues I had with records was taken care of by rebuilding the database. Check out the PDF manual that comes with PocketMac and see if any of it applies to you.

Hope that helps.

greenmo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the feed back.

While that drop down menu shows 4.0.20b, you still can't download the file. I have also tried to overwrite, but that doesn't work either. I may try to move everything to Entourage and then try to sync...we'll see.

neechi no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31B51069
    My problem seems to be that whenever I try to install something (like a theme, for instance) it will install the software (sometimes) but it will come up with an error that my device wasn't properly stopped for removal, and so it reboots my phone, causing media card errors. It seems like they are headed in the right direction, but I can't help but wonder why RIM didn't make a dedicated Mac client years ago?

Hmm, sorry for the faulty info, then. Personally, I prefer using Entourage for a number of reasons, but that's subject for a different thread. It is possible, though, that Entourage's database scheme will work better with your device.

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1
    does syncing contact pics only work blackberry---->address book.app?

is there any way to get the contact pics from address book.app---->blackberry?

I've checked to make sure I have '2-way sync' enabled.

I do not believe contact pictures ever sync through the BB. The standard .vcf format that contact records are stored under and sync with does not have a data field for pictures, I don't think. I could be wrong, though.

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1
    well this feature exists in missing sync, and this option also exists in the newest version of pocketmac (4.1)

I tested it and syncing contact pic from bb ---> address book works, but not the other way around. (address book ---> bb)

anyone have a fix?

edit: also, the "datapurgeUI" utility doesn't support PowerPC computers anymore i'm trying to clear my calendar and i can't!! is there any other way around?
    Last edited by s0ldats; 08-18-2008 at 12:50 AM.

I have only really encountered one bug with the new version:

- With Entourage 2008 syncing, I've found that updating existing records, such as adding or changing an email address, fails to update in Entourage. My records on my BB don't change either, so it is as if there is no difference being detected.

nikonianmike no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2440425B
    has anyone tried to sync photos or music? I couldn't do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast