Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Stormer Does PocketDay actually REPLACE the standard Storm home screen? I like ... Smartphone News forum

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
    Does PocketDay actually REPLACE the standard Storm home screen? I like the Storm's home screen with all the # of missed calls, voice mails, etc. across the top, and the storm icons at the bottom. I can't figure out if PocketDay actually makes the Storms home screen go away, or if it is simply called from an icon on the Storm home screen.
    From what I remember, PocketDay doesn't replace the home screen. It is an application that runs which you leave running in the foreground to view a ton of useful information.

At least, that's how I remember it working. I tried it for about 20 minutes and realized that a properly functional theme worked better for my uses since many of the alerts I receive don't show in PocketDay. (JiveTalk, Facebook, Weather App, etc...)

In the end, it really doesn't do much but organize information that's already there.

I was not a fan...
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

akac no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
    Wow, was this actually tested on a Storm? I just loaded it on my Storm (v.4.7.0.75), and although it installed fine, not one single item on the Options screen works! Any icon you click on in the Options screen brings up a menu with the following meaningless options: Show Keyboard, Switch Application, or Full Menu. I thought maybe clicking on Full Menu would bring up something useful, but it just brings up another menu with: Show Keyboard, Switch Application, and Close. So right out of the shoot we can't change any options at all, unless I'm missing something here.

The application would not actually work at all until I went in and turned OFF Compatibility Mode. Then it would let me in, but as I said, not much we can do with it at that point. I fully understand that this is all still being tested, but I'm not sure how it could be released if the Options don't work. This may be "Blackberry" ready, but it sure isn't Storm ready... despite what it says at the top of this page.

Also can't figure out how to set up syncing with Outlook, even after reading the documentation. I don't see any options for that in the BB Desktop Add-ins section.

Sigh.
    Its compatible with the Storm - and yes it was tested with the Storm - but its not taking advantage of the Storm at all right now. But its at the barest compatible with the Storm. We acknowledge that pretty openly on our forums. The problem with the Storm is that frankly its been too buggy to do any real work on for us. However, the latest OS updates have helped, though the Storm SDK is still very beta and problematic. Version 1.02 was not Storm focused - we simply did as little work a needed to get it to run.

Another aspect on the Storm - we have over a hundred beta testers. The few that went and bought a Storm returned them for a Bold within 2 weeks. That made it that much harder to do beta testing on it.

Our Storm support is right now experimental more or less. If you're a Storm user and want to help us get an excellent Storm version in the next release (1.1), please visit our support page and let us know that you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by cojonesdetoro View Post
    I decided to get pocketday after trialing PI and PD. PI was slower and less feature rich. I'm glad to see their improving it however they should compete on price until they have feature parity with PD. PD packs a lot of features.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

We aren't competing against Pocket Day. We are not going to focus on the same featureset. We'll be focusing on pure PIM. Now did you trial PI 1.02 or 1.01/1.00? We've made many major performance improvements in 1.02.

Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Looks interesting -- but the Manual doesn't download (file not found) and until it supports native sync with Outlook, it's really not ready for my use.
    The manual link was fixed a few hours after we posted it. Direct Outlook Sync is actually complete, but we wanted more testing and so that's been moved to a release with 1.1. Our internal beta testers have been using the Outlook Direct Sync for a couple months now.

Overall Feelings:
    This product has a ton of useful features. The organization is much better for my life than the native BB Calender application. I especially like the multiple views and the easy navigation.

My biggest problem is that my calender has to sync with Outlook for it to work with me. Clearly, the folks at Pocket Informant realize this and are working on an update which will do just that. But until then, it's getting all its data from the BB Calender. The issue here for me is that it now is limited by the features and fields in the BB Calender.

I truly look forward to the updates! I'm pretty sure I'll purchase this when Outlook sync is ready!

On a side note, it would be neat if it could sync with Google Calender. I know a lot of people use that app and I'm sure they would love to be able to use this product to organize their lives!
    Yes, we are looking at that at some later point. Unfortunately there is a very very large to-do list for PI and we'd prefer to release things as we get them done rather than one big release a year or two from now when its all done

Our priorities for 1.02 were performance and bug fixes. For 1.1 its proper Storm support and expanded sync to Outlook. We have a few other things like localization going there. We're also adding a "Today" view in the future. All of these are important and for different people they are critical things, but we have to tackle them one by one. We don't have the benefit of years of pre-development on the BlackBerry. So we're the upstart But we know where we are going and I'm very confident that we'll be the number one PIM on the BlackBerry by the end of 2009. That'll have given us a year from version 1.0 to make major headway towards the goals we have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12