Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

From Alex Kac - President and Founder, Web Information Solutions, Inc., I am very excited ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pocket Informant BlackBerry

Advertisement

From Alex Kac - President and Founder, Web Information Solutions, Inc.,
    I am very excited about the release of Pocket Informant for BlackBerry 1.02 today! We've got many major improvements based on user feedback and we're very happy with this release. For many users the availability of Pocket Informant on the BlackBerry platform is a major reason to use the BlackBerry and its because Pocket Informant is the best known and best selling PIM on Windows Mobile since 2000 and we're really happy with the progress we've made on the BlackBerry platform. We hope you enjoy it too. Here are some of the new features:
    • NEW! New month view mode (single week)
    • NEW! Alarms configuration moved to profile editing
    • NEW! New trial mode (time trial)
    • NEW! Timebars added to Month View
    • NEW! Support for new devices added (Pearl Flip, Bold, Storm)
    • NEW! Performance improvements (especially startup time and Month View navigation)
    • NEW! Local sync stability improved
    • NEW! Support for new devices added (Pearl Flip, Bold, Storm)
    • NEW! Relative task alarms (minutes before start) support added (for sync with local BB Tasks)
    • NEW! "Mark Completed" option added to task alarms
    • NEW! And a lot of small changes, like more intuitive navigation between views, more appropriate default dates on new events/tasks, etc.

Buy now
    Download Trial
    Over-the-Air Installation

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    looks interesting....d'loading now
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    looks interesting....d'loading now
    thoughti was...ota page not found

PIN/ID
    wut?
    it's not looking "storm ready"

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    I'm gonna load it by desktop and give it a whirl.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) It might just be the trial version. But, it didn't sync any recurring appoitments. I like the single line contact list.

dts51 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask ;-)
    You have to select "full sync" next to each option...contacts, events, and tasks, they default to none. You can sync only the ones you want.
    "May fortune favor the foolish" ...... Captain James T. Kirk

almst2gd no está en línea Stack level 1
    Dl'n now
    Will post
    -Christopher
    pin:24918798
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Looks interesting -- but the Manual doesn't download (file not found) and until it supports native sync with Outlook, it's really not ready for my use.

Overall Feelings:
    This product has a ton of useful features. The organization is much better for my life than the native BB Calender application. I especially like the multiple views and the easy navigation.

My biggest problem is that my calender has to sync with Outlook for it to work with me. Clearly, the folks at Pocket Informant realize this and are working on an update which will do just that. But until then, it's getting all its data from the BB Calender. The issue here for me is that it now is limited by the features and fields in the BB Calender.

I truly look forward to the updates! I'm pretty sure I'll purchase this when Outlook sync is ready!

On a side note, it would be neat if it could sync with Google Calender. I know a lot of people use that app and I'm sure they would love to be able to use this product to organize their lives!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

cojonesdetoro no está en línea Stack level 1
    I decided to get pocketday after trialing PI and PD. PI was slower and less feature rich. I'm glad to see their improving it however they should compete on price until they have feature parity with PD. PD packs a lot of features.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenEadir no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does PocketDay work on the Storm? I tried the beta and it wouldn't even load!!

disturbedenergy no está en línea Stack level 1
    It definitely does not appear to be compatible with the Storm.

-DE

Stormer no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wow, was this actually tested on a Storm? I just loaded it on my Storm (v.4.7.0.75), and although it installed fine, not one single item on the Options screen works! Any icon you click on in the Options screen brings up a menu with the following meaningless options: Show Keyboard, Switch Application, or Full Menu. I thought maybe clicking on Full Menu would bring up something useful, but it just brings up another menu with: Show Keyboard, Switch Application, and Close. So right out of the shoot we can't change any options at all, unless I'm missing something here.

The application would not actually work at all until I went in and turned OFF Compatibility Mode. Then it would let me in, but as I said, not much we can do with it at that point. I fully understand that this is all still being tested, but I'm not sure how it could be released if the Options don't work. This may be "Blackberry" ready, but it sure isn't Storm ready... despite what it says at the top of this page.

Also can't figure out how to set up syncing with Outlook, even after reading the documentation. I don't see any options for that in the BB Desktop Add-ins section.

Sigh.

crs
    crs no está en línea Developer
    There's a beta of PocketDay for the Storm. Works great.

PD OTA Install:

http://www.pocketday.com/ota.htm

It should identify you as a BB OS 4.7 user and install the proper version.

Stormer no está en línea Stack level 1

PocketDay

Does PocketDay actually REPLACE the standard Storm home screen? I like the Storm's home screen with all the # of missed calls, voice mails, etc. across the top, and the storm icons at the bottom. I can't figure out if PocketDay actually makes the Storms home screen go away, or if it is simply called from an icon on the Storm home screen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast