Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by azstar I have never built a theme.....but these newer style themes like ... Smartphone News forum

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I have never built a theme.....but these newer style themes like Crossbar and Explorer had to be made with the new Plazmic not the old and those themes are compatible with my 8130 and 8330 both running 4.3........so there must be a way to make themes for versions older than 4.5 right???

I really wanted to try this but if I can't even make themes for my BBs then their's no point........can someone confirm...is it really for BBs with 4.5 and higher only???? If so then how can Crossbar and Explorer and Nancy Drew's Mario Bros themes be explained to work on 4.3???

You can make themes for lower than 4.5, you just can't make the new custom theme for lower than 4.5

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    What's the new custom theme? Wouldn't crossbar, explorer, and NancyDrews Mario Bros theme be considered custom? They all have icons placed much differently than the standard Zen, Today, and Icon styles and they all work on my 8330 curve with 4.3.......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Good question, like the surreal theme, it works with my 4.2.1. I am not sure what made that theme, I just know I tried to create the alx for the new custom theme and it said 4.5 only. Now I am using a pearl, so it might be a pearl thing with this new editor...anyone know?

I haven't looked at the mario bros theme module, but crossbar and explorer both have plazmic in the module names so they must have been made with plazmic........
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    where do I get these crossbar and explorer themes? Not familiar with them.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Found it, you know how there is a place in the new editor to put copyright info and the author etc. Is there a way I can view this info like when I am looking at the surreal theme or the crossbar theme etc. That might help us figure out if it was made with the 4.5 editor or something else.

Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I want to know how in the surreal theme the hourglass animated icon has been changed, I can find no way to alter the default in this new editor

bettedavis07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Themes made by RIM (Surreal, Stargazer etc.) and those 'Next Gen' themes from Bplay (e.g. Crossbar) are using a modified version of Plazmic CDK v4.5. Case in point, Today Plus themes...the today plus themes released by RIM/Bplay split the today and zen screens, allowing the user to 'fade' one screen out into the background then scroll to an arrow to activate the other screen. Meanwhile, the Today Plus themes made with this new v4.5 groups both the today and zen features on one screen. These extra 'animations' (as seen in Crossbar, Surreal and Stargazer) are only present in themes produced directly from RIM/Bplay.

As for the new template, 'Custom Theme', basically the theme maker is now given the option to reposition the icons/text anyway they want (e.g. Nancy Drew's Super Mario Bros. theme). You can add little animations to the icons themselves, such as making them 'bounce' when selected. From the custom theme template you can make Bottom Zen, L-style, Today Plus, Double Zen, U-style, etc.

The one (big) drawback with this new version of Theme Builder I've seen in regards to 'custom themes' is that they can only be exported for OS 4.5, while regular themes styles (Zen, Today and Icon) can still be exported for OS's 4.2 and 4.3.

Great info , thanks, but then how did the Super Mario Bros one get exported for 4.2? Or does NancyDrew have a different version of plazmic???
    Twitter? My Apps List

bettedavis07 no está en línea Stack level 2
    That's the big debate going on...'custom' themes were exportable for lower OS's in the beta version(s) of Plazmic CDK v4.5 (4.3), but this feature mysteriously disappeared with the official release. Nancy used the beta to make her Super Mario Bros. theme (and her other custom styled themes).

WOW! That really bites!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    I'm Glad you theme builders have new tools to give us all the nice themes for .45

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    great info...but i guess im not gonna be making any new themes..since this basically will do for me the same the older version of plazmic is doing....(running 4.2 OS)

Quote Originally Posted by bettedavis07 View Post
    Themes made by RIM (Surreal, Stargazer etc.) and those 'Next Gen' themes from Bplay (e.g. Crossbar) are using a modified version of Plazmic CDK v4.5. Case in point, Today Plus themes...the today plus themes released by RIM/Bplay split the today and zen screens, allowing the user to 'fade' one screen out into the background then scroll to an arrow to activate the other screen. Meanwhile, the Today Plus themes made with this new v4.5 groups both the today and zen features on one screen. These extra 'animations' (as seen in Crossbar, Surreal and Stargazer) are only present in themes produced directly from RIM/Bplay.

As for the new template, 'Custom Theme', basically the theme maker is now given the option to reposition the icons/text anyway they want (e.g. Nancy Drew's Super Mario Bros. theme). You can add little animations to the icons themselves, such as making them 'bounce' when selected. From the custom theme template you can make Bottom Zen, L-style, Today Plus, Double Zen, U-style, etc.

The one (big) drawback with this new version of Theme Builder I've seen in regards to 'custom themes' is that they can only be exported for OS 4.5, while regular themes styles (Zen, Today and Icon) can still be exported for OS's 4.2 and 4.3.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I guess the question is, how do you get the beta. Beta seems to be able to do everything I want to do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast