Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by kane i have to agree with the post the 88xx series is ... Smartphone News forum

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    i have to agree with the post the 88xx series is the only one out of the 3 that i can type on for a extended amout of time the curve is a good choice but still a bit to small
    The 88xx is too cramped for me to type on for extended periods of time. The curves keyboard is just perfect!

i like your avatar by the way its among the top i have seen on this site

brandon_hair no está en línea Stack level 2
    nicely put!

Dream Hack no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    A nice mini review. I absolutely love my pearl. I'm sure it's partially because I switched from a really crappy provider, cricket, to t-mobile. That and I'm a texting maniac. I have quite large fingers tho, so the pearl fits my needs perfectly.

:-)

salbo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31884ae9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Hack View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    A nice mini review. I absolutely love my pearl. I'm sure it's partially because I switched from a really crappy provider, cricket, to t-mobile. That and I'm a texting maniac. I have quite large fingers tho, so the pearl fits my needs perfectly.

:-)
    Suretype is definitely cool with its built in spell check and whatnot

rupture no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20877F8A
    Nicely written!

MonkeyBizIU no está en línea Themes Pro
    As a recent BB convert, I figured I'd throw in my $.04.

After using a RAZR for the last two and a half years, I found myself in the market for a new phone in January. I was trying to decide between the LG Voyager and the BlackBerry Pearl. I loved the Voyager's touchscreen and internal keypad, but the BlackBerry's size and features were really what sold me.

Having a BlackBerry is, in it's own way, a life changing experience. The idea that you're reachable in a multitude of ways at any given time is really something that takes getting used to. Email, SMS, phone, and IM should you add that feature. You have the internet at your fingertips at all times. It's neat.

All in all, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't love their BlackBerry. There's a reason they're called CrackBerrys.

And for anyone going over from a standard cell phone, I can't recommend the Pearl enough. SureType is better at predictive input that anything on the market. You won't be disappointed.

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    Thanks Hayden. That was very helpful.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    With this new sturdier 8120/30 keyboard I type just as fast as my 8320. So I may make this 8120 my main device.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Agreed. People think SureType is t9 however it is an evolving program and rarely messes up. It really is one of the better inventions from #RIM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyNuzIU View Post
    As a recent BB convert, I figured I'd throw in my $.04.

After using a RAZR for the last two and a half years, I found myself in the market for a new phone in January. I was trying to decide between the LG Voyager and the BlackBerry Pearl. I loved the Voyager's touchscreen and internal keypad, but the BlackBerry's size and features were really what sold me.

Having a BlackBerry is, in it's own way, a life changing experience. The idea that you're reachable in a multitude of ways at any given time is really something that takes getting used to. Email, SMS, phone, and IM should you add that feature. You have the internet at your fingertips at all times. It's neat.

All in all, I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that doesn't love their BlackBerry. There's a reason they're called CrackBerrys.

And for anyone going over from a standard cell phone, I can't recommend the Pearl enough. SureType is better at predictive input that anything on the market. You won't be disappointed.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by untjoker View Post
    Agreed. People think SureType is t9 however it is an evolving program and rarely messes up. It really is one of the better inventions from #RIM
    This is one of the reasons I have stuck with the 7100 series and the 8100 series. I will have to play around with the 8120 to see if it will be the next addition to my collection.

mzava40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Mzava
    great info Hayden

Just wanted to add to the support of the Pearl series.

It's NOT hard to type on if users would take the time to practice typing without looking at the screen, use the Custom Wordlist that's in the device options, and try the game Trooper Typing (I found this shortly after getting the first of the 3 8100's I had).

It may take some users a week or so, but I had it down in one night from staying up all night LOL

jlmachado no está en línea Stack level 1
    Help!!! I have a pearl 8100 and a curve 8800 on my hands but dont know theyre both awesome, im gonna be emailing and calling mostly so it would be the curve, but the pearl its small and same funcionality... differences suretype and the camera what would you recommend

If you're gonna be emailing and calling, my only suggestion here would be to use whichever is more comfortable.

I thought about going to an 8800 (the Curve is actually the 8300, 8310 or 8320) or 8820 due to it not having the camera.

IMO, I can type faster on my Pearl than I can on any other BB I've owned (950, 7730, 7100t, 7105t) AND my PC. I type ALL day (IM, email, text, PIN)

I don't really talk on the phone alot but I wanted a small package for portability.

When I found out about the WiFi, side loading Micro SD slot, 3.5mm headphone jack, updated software, case included with phone, etc, I decided to stay with the BB I know I would be more comfortable using. To me, features and portability outweigh the size of the keyboard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12