Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When choosing a BlackBerry, decide before you buy what you’re most likely going to use ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

PinStack's Guide to choosing the right Blackberry for "you".

Advertisement

When choosing a BlackBerry, decide before you buy what you’re most likely going to use the device most for.

- 88xx - The Work horse: If you plan to use it more for it's email & messaging capabilities, definitely go with a “standard” BlackBerry (full QWERTY keyboard like the 8800, 8820, 8830 or even the 8700*) which all have a broader shape to support your typing.

- 81xx - Sleek and efficient: If you’ll be using it mostly for voice calls, and emails, SMS and messaging secondary, you may want to get the Pearl series BlackBerry (8100, 8110, 8120 8130) which has a more "cell-phone-like" design and feel for heavy voice users and still very capable with all other Blackberry Smartphone features.

- 83xx - A bit of both worlds: Remember that the Curve series (8300, 8310, 8320 & 8330) is a merging of the standard work horse Blackberry with the Pearl series. Therefore, we think it's your best choice without compromise for both email and phone functionality. However, bare in mind that if you have big fingers and being able to frequently compose and reply to emails is a critical requirement then the 8800 or 8700* would be your best pick.

- Also note that if you prefer the neat, sexy appeal of the 8100 series Blackberries and plan to use your device mostly for email and messaging, 'Suretype' Blackberries are hands down the easiest and most efficient non-QWERTY devices on the market!

[Read More]

* NOTE: The 8700's do not support Wi-Fi or built-in GPS.

sddspence no está en línea Stack level 2
    wonder if the 9000 would fit into the 88xx or the 83xx category?

adam.sn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4c7dab38
    Odds are the 8800 category. It's the high end business model and the keyboard looks closer to the 8800 series.

popinadam no está en línea Stack level 1
    8703e has built in GPS

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    Wow that's some great info Hayden. Thanks for posting.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    It couldn't been expressed any better. Thanks Hayden!

pigdude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by popinadam View Post
    8703e has built in GPS
    Its A-GPS, not really true GPS

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I agree...good description for everyone. THX!

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Nice write up. Thanks for the explanations.

MKhora no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241AAFB7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I personally would definitely recommend a BB Curve. I love the balance and the overall feel. It's a great phone. Definity faster overall than my old Pearl. Since I type very fast on a natural keyboard, I am adjusting to QWERTY very quickly. Overall for Media, The Camera, with its crisp quality, and the upcoming video record on OS 4.5, which I already have; but don't use due to lack of Empower support. It is otherwise pretty stable.Video Record works, and everything! There is a lot to look forward to in the Curve.

cjcarbone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    not anym
    Quote Originally Posted by sddspence View Post
    wonder if the 9000 would fit into the 88xx or the 83xx category?
    Good question, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by adam.sn View Post
    Odds are the 8800 category. It's the high end business model and the keyboard looks closer to the 8800 series.

I would think that it will be in a category of its own, as it is similar to the 88xx series, but with a major difference from the business class devices.... The camera.

I think that a camera would keep it out of the 88xx category, and either put it to the 83xx category, or most likely, give it a class all its own.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    i have to agree with the post the 88xx series is the only one out of the 3 that i can type on for a extended amout of time the curve is a good choice but still a bit to small

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by MKhora View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I personally would definitely recommend a BB Curve. I love the balance and the overall feel. It's a great phone. Definity faster overall than my old Pearl. Since I type very fast on a natural keyboard, I am adjusting to QWERTY very quickly. Overall for Media, The Camera, with its crisp quality, and the upcoming video record on OS 4.5, which I already have; but don't use due to lack of Empower support. It is otherwise pretty stable.Video Record works, and everything! There is a lot to look forward to in the Curve.
    I agree. I really get the most productivity out of my Curve.

ujeuje no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    252FE7F9
    Thhks Hayden

etownse1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~personally I love my 8800, my gf has a curve which has its strong points. I prefer the 8800 only due to the "feel" of the keyboard over that of the curves. A camera would be nice but I'm anal about pic quality and phones don't take "good" pictures, I want one of each cause from day to day my mind changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast