Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by starzabove This may not be very helpful but mine initially didn't work, ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by starzabove View Post
    This may not be very helpful but mine initially didn't work, getting stuck on step 4 as for so many others.
    I exited the program once or twice going out to do other things on my BB. When I went back in it threw me an error and asked about resetting and I let it. I wish I had noted the error exactly, but alas, I didn't, but I do know it wanted to reset and I chose to let it. It rebooted my BB and voila! Vlingo now works.

Curve 8300
    O.S. 4.5
    AT&T
    U.S.A.
    i am pretty sure this is the same thing that happened to me. i 'accepted' and saved the permissions, but it through an error and said it needed to reset. so, like you i did. then once it rebooted, i ran thru the setup again and it worked.

i feel really bad that it isn't working for some. this HAS been in beta for at least a month if not more. just please everyone be patient and i assure you we (together) will get everyone up and running

leedslad1981 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i am annoyed that this doesnt work in the UK
    Any provisions in place for this to work over here ?

blkberry8830 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sounds Like One Of The Best Apps Around But Haven't They Heard Of A Soft Realease

JeffreyC no está en línea Stack level 3
    I agree, a great app. I also have a Tmo 8320 running 4.5. I finally got the app to work and love it. This works great. The only issue is, it only works for me in a WiFi area and I'm not in one aside from being home, otherwise the app is just timing out. I'm sure they will get it fixed. I'd like to thank them for the free app!!!

QUOTE=jonobless;785525]Ok i finally got it working..kinda...8320 tmo unlocked using in jamaica on digicel network.os 4.5.Tried all day with the ota with no luck .Finally got to a pc witha wireless thenn reinstalled via dm and installed with wireless preferred.and it worked like a charm.problem is doesnt work without wifi.hmmm.doesnt make sense as i'm hardly in wifi area.None the less great app thanks Cherri and everyone else who is trying to help.hope it gets sorted out soon.[/QUOTE]

murayama no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    hey do you have to have the data pack to go thru step 4 in the setup??

ScottPV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blukrystlz View Post
    I see more people complaining about this application then thanking the people who put their time into making it for us, and giving it to us FREE.
    But why is it free? Does it use airtime so the providers are happy and commission the developers?

Scott

amascoho12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    311840cc
    I am Having the same problem with step 4. Tried all suggestions and am stuck.

T-mobile 8100

Thank You!

murayama no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    "Sorry, the following required permissions are still not set:
    Connections: Wi-Fi
    Please be sure to save when you leave the permissions screen. if you still have trouble, try setting all permissions to ALLOW, or check with your BB administrator."
    any help? do i need the data plan to use it?
    btw its on step 4 and i have an 8100. at&t
    im getting data plan today but im just curious

Foolkiller no está en línea Stack level 1
    Stuck on step 4 with T-Mo 8800, like so many others. Do you HAVE TO have wifi?.....or will data plan do?

talentedj no está en línea Stack level 1
    Why does it keep asking me to allow the wifi
    permissions when I have an 8800? Man this is eating me alive

ricky_ifa no está en línea Stack level 1
    im in the uk, not impressed that this does not work here!! I cant get past step 4, as I have been lead to beleive that the service is only us for the time being

8310 curve
    vodafone uk

joek71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    319CCF42
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i installed the app, followed the steps, and few minutes later got pop up window about bb needs to reset so the security can get set, so I reset it and then the lights on mý bb keyboard stopped lighting up, had to uninstall the app.

Blukrystlz no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    Askme4it
    Quote Originally Posted by Evermore707 View Post
    If I walked up to you and here is a free Blu ray player and you take it home and it does not work, would would you think?

Nice try though. I'll be uninstalling this crapware. Clearly this wan't for "all " BB users. I guess I'm disappointed with all the hype for stuff that don't work or we'll never see ( like a verizon Bold!)
    Not to turn this into anything, but there is a BIG difference in offering a Blu Ray player and an app for your phone. Im sorry you had problems, as i stating i am as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottPV View Post
    But why is it free? Does it use airtime so the providers are happy and commission the developers?

Scott
    This is something you need to ask the developers.
    I just was merely giving my own opinion.
    Last edited by Blukrystlz; 06-26-2008 at 10:14 AM.
    ~Blu~

Blukrystlz@pinstack.com

PARADOX-SEV no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by murayama View Post
    "Sorry, the following required permissions are still not set:
    Connections: Wi-Fi
    Please be sure to save when you leave the permissions screen. if you still have trouble, try setting all permissions to ALLOW, or check with your BB administrator."
    any help? do i need the data plan to use it?
    btw its on step 4 and i have an 8100. at&t
    im getting data plan today but im just curious

I have the same problem. I tried ota and desktop manager install with the same results.

SRV
    SRV no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up T-Mobile in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    I have TMO. I mentioned in the other thread that the Vlingo site says T-Mobile isn't supported yet.
    I am in Texas, and I downloaded it and it works fine on my Curve.