Had anybody with an 8100 had success past Step 4?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... Smartphone News forum
06-25-2008, 04:05 PM
Had anybody with an 8100 had success past Step 4?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
I am another unfortunate 8100 user that is stuck on the step 4 network timeout.
For those of you who might like launchpad, there's an easier and totally free way to quickly switch between applications with one button. You set one of your convenience keys to "application switcher". You can do the same thing anytime by holding 'Alt' and pressing 'back'. To change the convenience key go to:
Options--> Screen/Keyboard--> Left (or right) side convenience key--> select 'Application switcher'
Its really nice.
Also, another tip for those who don't have holsters: To put the berry on standby mode, hold the mute key. It will only turn back on by a quick push on the mute button again. Go ahead, try it right now. Pretty cool eh? This is a great way to make sure you're not making any unnecessary calls.
I hope Vlingo can get this 8100 problem ironed out soon. Sounds like a cool app.
06-25-2008, 04:07 PM
I am on Rogers, with an 8300, and BIS, and have not been able to get it to work.
06-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Last edited by OutsideLookinIn; 06-25-2008 at 04:23 PM.
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
hey what about patchouli?
even pomegrante is good
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I actually don't think the app works without a data plan...
06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
Yes, I got it working on the first try on my 8130. Works perfectly.
06-25-2008, 04:18 PM
yeah im having problems with step 4. its says network error it times out or something any ideas?
06-25-2008, 04:19 PM
BB Pearl 8100 / ATT / 4.2 OS
- Download the zip file below that corresponds to your BlackBerry OS:
BlackBerry OS 4.2.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_42.zip
BlackBerry OS 4.3.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_43.zip
- Download the vlingo for BlackBerry application zip file for your operating system version and save it to your desktop.
- Extract the contents of the zip file, saving the contents to your desktop.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Use a data cable to connect your BlackBerry to your computer. Wait for the Desktop Manager to indicate that the device has connected successfully.
- Open the "Application Loader" icon. The Application Loader Wizard will appear.
- Click Next.
- From the list of installed applications, click "Add..."
- From the file chooser, navigate to My Desktop, and select the .alx file that you downloaded from vlingo.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- When you get "The loading operation was successful", click Close.
- Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer.
- The Desktop Manager should now reboot your BlackBerry. If it doesn't, you should do this manually by removing and re-installing the battery.
- Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- At this point, your installation is complete. The next (and last) step before you start using vlingo is to go through the setup process on your BlackBerry:
- From your BlackBerry Home screen, press the Menu button.
- Find the vlingo icon (a blue circle with a smaller white circle inside it) and click on it to begin the setup process.
- Follow the on-device instructions to complete the setup process.
- You're now ready to start using vlingo!
Followed the above instructions and I got it to work...the over the air download didnt work for me. When I downloaded it and installed it through the desktop software it worked!!!
Last edited by kenju4u; 06-25-2008 at 04:24 PM.
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
Guess I'll have to try that out when I get home. Thanks for info.
Originally Posted by kenju4u
06-25-2008, 04:26 PM
thanks kenju4u i'll try it when i get home today
06-25-2008, 04:29 PM
This is it!!!!this worked for me I have 126.96.36.199 and DL the Vlingo for OS 4.3 and it works now!!! yay! lol im so damn happy! it used to work only on WiFi now Edge too
Originally Posted by amischke
06-25-2008, 04:45 PM
I also think i will try the desktop insall when i get home.
06-25-2008, 04:58 PM
I still can't get it working with the 8300. Anyone have luck with one?
Tags for this Thread