N/A

Advertisement

Direct: carrier data network

Proxied: BIS and BES
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    You know looking through options/advanced/service books i dont see anything for vlingo. After installing this app. Could it be just T-Mo being lazy and not sending the books?

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0 View Post
    Yes. Got it this morning (the big announcement) and it's running just fine on my 8130 with 4.5.0.44 on at&t.

There is a great tutorial for installation here.

It contains the download links for both OTA and non-ota.
    not doubting you, just fixing the error, you dont have a 8130 on at&t

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    HELP!!!!

Am stuck on step 4......Message said "request Timeout"

papi66 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have download it and still having the same problem. getiing stuck on step 4. What do i have to fix the problem?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
    I get the
    error starting vlingoForBlackBerry_em: Module'vlingoFprBlackBerry_en-3' attempts to access a secure API.
    also, before I keep redownloading it has anybody got this error and actually got it to work from uninstalling and reinstalling.

On a curve from att

When I try to run vlingo, I get the message "Error Starting vlingoforBlackberry_en module vlingoforblackberry_en_2 attempts to access a secure API". <LI class=answer id=sec_api style="DISPLAY: block">This is a known problem. We are working on fixing it, but in the meantime we have a workaround that should get you going. The workaround is to download the sideload version of the application, and to install it using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. The specific steps for doing this are:
    • Determine the Operating System version of your BlackBerry. This can be determined by going to "Options" in your Applications folder, and choosing "About". The first entry will show your phone model and operating system version. For example, BlackBerry 8130 smartphone (CDMA) v4.3.0.60- in this case the operating system version is 4.3.
    • Download the zip file below that corresponds to your BlackBerry OS:
      BlackBerry OS 4.2.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_42.zip
      BlackBerry OS 4.3.x: vlingoForBlackBerry_en_43.zip
    • Download the vlingo for BlackBerry application zip file for your operating system version and save it to your desktop.
    • Extract the contents of the zip file, saving the contents to your desktop.
    • Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
    • Use a data cable to connect your BlackBerry to your computer. Wait for the Desktop Manager to indicate that the device has connected successfully.
    • Open the "Application Loader" icon. The Application Loader Wizard will appear.
    • Click Next.
    • From the list of installed applications, click "Add..."
    • From the file chooser, navigate to My Desktop, and select the .alx file that you downloaded from vlingo.
    • Click Open.
      • The new application is added to the list as "vlingo".
      • Note: If you are running Desktop Manager version 4.2, you may see an error indicating there are no applications to install. If this happens, you will need to upgrade to version 4.3.
    • Click Next.
    • Click Finish.
    • When you get "The loading operation was successful", click Close.
    • Disconnect the BlackBerry from your computer.
    • The Desktop Manager should now reboot your BlackBerry. If it doesn't, you should do this manually by removing and re-installing the battery.
    • Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

At this point, your installation is complete. The next (and last) step before you start using vlingo is to go through the setup process on your BlackBerry:
    • From your BlackBerry Home screen, press the Menu button.
    • Find the vlingo icon (a blue circle with a smaller white circle inside it) and click on it to begin the setup process.
    • Follow the on-device instructions to complete the setup process.
    • You're now ready to start using vlingo!

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    This app sounds great but it doesn't seem to be working for everyone, as a matter of fact..it doesnt appear to be working at all.

Im planning to wait until there are more successful installs
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
    I get the
    error starting vlingoForBlackBerry_em: Module'vlingoFprBlackBerry_en-3' attempts to access a secure API.
    also, before I keep redownloading it has anybody got this error and actually got it to work from uninstalling and reinstalling.

On a curve from att

I was having the same issue. I decided to go home for lunch and try to do the desktop install.. That seemed to do the trick!!!

RAWR!!! Loving it but now I have to go back to work!

WOOHOO
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

gregshk no está en línea Stack level 1

I do not have internet access on my bb

Hey guys thanks for all the info but is there another way as I do not have internet access?Is there a free conversion program that converts .jad to .COD.
    Thanks Greg

hood_rep no está en línea Stack level 1

can't get pass step 4 ...

Quote Originally Posted by macmood View Post
    youve gotta be kidding me, this was the mystery application all day yesterday that got 400+ replies?? an application that doesn't work for many, mission accomplished.
    very disappointing a lot of anticipation for a mediocre application that can't even run on most BBs

i gave up after wasting an hour of my life trying to get past step 4.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    you guys are UNBELIEVABLE! to say the least ... shameful if you ask me.

mister_p no está en línea Stack level 2
    tmobile: should i do proxied or direct

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    I installed this morning within 5 minutes of it coming out and had it set up within 10. I have noticed that every time i press the side key i get data transfers. Could it possibly be that these people stuck at step 4 are connecting to some alternate server to set up their phone, and since everyone and their brother are trying to download it and set it up today, maybe that server just got overloaded?

considering there are 215+ ppl on this thread alone, im sure this theory is not too far fetched

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by shftatsix View Post
    I installed this morning within 5 minutes of it coming out and had it set up within 10. I have noticed that every time i press the side key i get data transfers. Could it possibly be that these people stuck at step 4 are connecting to some alternate server to set up their phone, and since everyone and their brother are trying to download it and set it up today, maybe that server just got overloaded?
    server overload is a possiblity. i see through reading that some tmobile users HAVE successfully installed, so can't be just a tmo issue.

i would suggest for everyone to be patient and hopefully we can get a fix for this or figure out what is going on soon.

buton no está en línea Stack level 2
    it worked on my 8120 with the carrier telcel in mexico. but it worked with a wi-fi conection..... without it doesnt work because of the apn

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast