I hope you had a GREAT week and are winding down and chilling out while ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PinStack Week in Review: Smartphone News, Reviews for May 8, 2009

Advertisement

I hope you had a GREAT week and are winding down and chilling out while you read this Week in Review. Think of it as your morning smartphone newspaper. If you listened in on last week's PScast or followed me on the forums, you would know that in the span of 8 days I bought a brand new 16gb iPhone 3G, loaded it with a ton of apps and then decided that it really wasn't the device for me. I really am intrigued and want to find out about all the hype surrounding the touchscreen smartphones. But I'm not sure that I want a touchscreen as a daily device. I am more than satisfied with my Bold (which I did not think I would be) for the time being. The grass isn't always greener .. so cliche

BlackBerry Rumors & News
    8900 Curve coming to AT&T in June?
    Blackberry users hit 1 million downloads for Slacker Radio application
    RIM owner puts bid on Phoenix Coyotes NHL Team
    BlackBerry 8520’s hitting T-Mobile in Q4
    RIM BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8230 on Alltel!!

iPhone Rumors & News
    JDP Survey: Apple Tops Rivals in "Smartphone" Customer Satisfaction
    Solid Gold iPhone Makes an Appearence
    29 Twitter Apps for the iPhone Compared
    Apple and Google Ties Are Scrutinized
    Tempted by the Fruit of Another
    Apple now reviewing 3.0 Apps

Windows Mobile Rumors & News
    US Carriers Delay Acer's Smartphones till 2010

Palm OS Rumors & News
    Palm Pre Trial Launch
    Sprint's Palm Pre Plan Choices & OS FAQ's Answers.

Android Rumors & News
    Google's Android's market share compares well with Apple's iPhone
    HTC Magic To Be Named MyTouch for T-Mobile US??
    YouTube uploads and more now available on Android
    First Google smartphones to hit Canada June 2nd!
    Google CEO doesn't see problem with his Apple role

Other Smartphone Rumors & News
    Symsource Offers Cross Platform Development Services for Mobile Application
    Visual Voicemail Coming to T-Mobile
    Nokia Claims 23-day Standby & 8 Hours Talk Time for New E52 Smartphone!

---------------------------------------------------------

Smartphone Applications/Accessories

E*TRADE Launches Mobile Pro Application for Apple iPhone™ and iPod® Touch
    E*TRADE FINANCIAL Corp. today announced that E*TRADE Securities LLC has introduced E*TRADE Mobile Pro for Apple’s iPhone and
    iPod touch, expanding customer access to on-the-go, real-time
    investment, market and account information. The application provides
    many of the same interface, security, trading and banking features
    available on etrade.com to customers via their iPhone or iPod touch. The
    application is available at no additional cost to all E*TRADE Securities customers via the Apple App Store. - www.etrade.com/iphone

AOL’s MediaGlow Launches FREE Pixcetera Application on Apple App Store
    Experience amazing high quality digital photography from Pixcetera.com right on your iPhone or iPod touch with this free app. Turn your device into a window into the world of gorgeous photography on a variety of subjects - everything from news to celebrities to men's lifestyle to nature and even outer space and more. App showcases exactly the same content displayed in the Pixcetera.com website's Flash Full-Screen Galleries. When it comes to photography, Pixcetera brings you the best of the best and has thousands of photo galleries to dive into - updated daily!

Use Google Apps seamlessly with corporate BlackBerry smartphones
    If your employer has provided you with a BlackBerry smartphone, you may be accustomed to its built-in email, calendar, and address book applications. The Google Apps Enterprise team has just announced that we will soon release Google Apps Connector for BlackBerry Enterprise Server, which enables you to use these familiar applications with Google Apps.

QuickPlay Media Launches PrimeTime2Go Premium Mobile TV Service
    Available Now on BlackBerry Smartphones, PrimeTime2Go Announces an Expanded Network and Cable Line-Up, including ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN and Discovery Channel. QuickPlay Media, the premier provider of solutions that manage the business of mobile video, today announced that its PrimeTime2Go™ premium mobile TV service is now available in the U.S. for the BlackBerry® Bold™ and BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900 smartphones. The monthly subscription fee-based service enables consumers to download and watch the most recent episodes of their favorite shows on-demand. Named a “Best of CTIA Wireless 2009” winner by LAPTOP Magazine, the service now includes additional network and cable partners such as ABC, ABC Family, Disney Channel, Disney XD, ESPN and Discovery Communications, which join an impressive line-up that already includes CBS, NBC Universal (including Bravo, USA and SCI FI), and The CW.

AT&T & Verizon launches on-device account management apps
    AT&T today announced the availability of its AT&T myWireless Mobile application on the Apple App Store. AT&T developed the application to allow iPhone customers to manage family and individual accounts directly from their iPhone anytime, anywhere.
    Supplementing AT&T myWireless, a popular service through att.com used today by millions of AT&T customers, the Mobile edition for iPhone brings greater ease and simplicity to virtually all elements of account management. The app's primary functions include: Bill and Pay – View monthly bill in full and make one-touch payments, Voice and Data Usage – View all voice and data usage, including text messages, Features – Browse and manage bolt-on features, including new texting plans and more

The Fuel from Case-Mate: Charging on the Go!
    Introducing your new best friend...the Fuel. It's a protective case, a carrying solution and an extended battery all in one. Forget your charger ... your phone's taken care of. Extended Battery Life Features: Talk time: up to 9 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life, Internet use: up to 7 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life, Video playback: up to 8 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life, Audio playback: up to 24 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life , Stand by time: up to 250 additional hours beyond standard iPhone 3G battery life. Additional Features: Power on/off button makes more efficient usage of the fuel by only engaging when you decide to, Rechargeable through a standard 5-pin usb cable (included), Fully supports syncing

Manage your money with Quicken Online Mobile for iPhone
    Today, Quicken debuted its own money manager: Quicken Online Mobile. Like Mint, it's free. Unlike Mint, it's passcode-protected. That protection addresses a long-standing concern: if someone makes off with your iPhone, they can fire up the Mint app and see how much money's sitting in each of your accounts. Quicken Online Mobile, on the other hand, won't let you in without first entering your four-digit PIN.

SnapMyLife Launches Photo-Sharing & Twitter Applications on BB App World
    SnapMyLife, a leading mobile photo-sharing site, today announced the launch of two free camera-oriented applications for BlackBerry smartphones from Research In Motion. Both the SnapMyLife and Snap2Twitter applications are now available on BlackBerry App World.The SnapMyLife application enables BlackBerry smartphone users to instantly snap pictures and share them with friends, family or the world. The application is seamlessly integrated with a BlackBerry smartphone’s camera, and users can post new pictures with a single click. BlackBerry smartphone users can also add titles, tag photos and change privacy settings for each picture upload.

Beyond160 Adds Extended/Multipart SMS Support to CDMA BlackBerrys
    New application called Beyond160 that lets you send text messages beyond 160 characters on Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, Telus, and Bell and other CDMA carriers. With Beyond160, you can type as much as you want, and when you send, it will automatically split the message into multiple parts (each 160 characters) and send them in sequence. And best of all, Beyond160 messages get routed through the normal SMS Outbox with Delivery Confirmation just like the built-in app.

Cellcrypt Enables Secure Voice Calls on BlackBerry Smartphones
    Speck Launches More Accessories for BlackBerry and iPhone!

PinStacker Reviews
    Review: SmartAlerts for Blackberry

PinStack Private Betas, Contest Giveaways & Discount Codes
    BETA Testers for new PinStack Smartphone Application
    Hello Stackers!
    We are about to begin launching our new application for PinStackers. However, this wouldn't be PinStack if our loyal members do not get the final say. We want to hear from YOU, your suggestions, comments, likes, dislikes and more.
    Interested? Then stay tuned to this post as it will be updated with details shortly.

Skype Chat in IM+ All-in-One Messenger – Beta testers needed!
    SHAPE Services is glad to announce that today we launch a beta-testing campaign for our best-seller IM+ All-in-One Messenger. The newest version is noteworthy by Skype chat functionality that has been recently implemented. Give it a try! Download the beta version of IM+, connect to Skype and chat with your Skype buddies!

Vlingo S60 Beta - Beta Testers Needed
    We are very excited to announce that Vlingo, the world’s most popular voice application for BlackBerry and iPhone has finally come to Nokia S60 devices as a beta application. With Vlingo, you can speak to your phone to send and reply to text messages and emails, search the Web, dial the phone, send a "note to self", open native applications such as your calendar and camera and more.

PScast: Episode 14 ... one full week without the BB

This episode includes:
    WIR recap
    Site Announcements
    Smartphone Discussions

Episode 14
    standard bitrate (54mb) -- don't forget accessible on your Berry thru Opera Mini

Listen in on Monday for PScast Episode 15 when Gary and I discuss our new Storms

Keep on Stackin'

-c2

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    as always Cherri, great review....thanks for taking the time...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Great review, Cherri. Lots of stuff going on last week! This recap proves it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    The usual "what we come to expect" report from cherri...thanks. I´ts a must read.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by delfim View Post
    The usual "what we come to expect" report from cherri...thanks. I´ts a must read.
    Right you are, Del. We've got to remember to always thank her (as you did) for her hard work. It's hard to appreciate the time that goes into these type things unless you've done something like it yourself.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    great review.....thanks cheri

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Thanks again for another great WIR.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Lightbulb Hard work deserves recognition...

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Right you are, Del. We've got to remember to always thank her (as you did) for her hard work. It's hard to appreciate the time that goes into these type things unless you've done something like it yourself.
    Tell you what jblackfish - it´s what makes this forum stick out from others...there are real devoted people here... I can´t go a day, regardless of how much work I have, to take look into Pinstack - there is always someone with worthwhile news or sound, and needed, advice.
    I´ts a pleasure.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks for the WIR cherri, I had company all week and wasn't able to keep up with everything. This always makes it easy to catch up on anything I missed :d
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    I don't know how you have time for all this..........but thank you thank you thank you
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter