Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Interesting processor comparison that more than trumps what the iPhone offers. Apple is a great ... Smartphone News forum

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Interesting processor comparison that more than trumps what the iPhone offers. Apple is a great marketer and, like in politics, the news media seem to have a bias. Indeed, among the iPhone hype in the June 9 USAToday is an article stating how the now more business-friendly iPhone is now a threat to Blackberry.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/wireles...business_N.htm

It would be nice to see some sort of similar comparison in the mainstream media to what's been shown here.
    Last edited by sbs8331; 06-11-2008 at 12:45 PM.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Wow, I'm so glad I saw this comparison. Its not like I was considering an iphone, but man am I pumped for the bold now. I've even got the go ahead from the misses and I can't wait. Only problem is that where I live it takes while for most carriers to get any new phones in and since I don't have the cash to buy one on eBay I'll have to wait and put the bold on my contract.

I don't care though, it looks so amazing and I can hardly wait!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brtriggs no está en línea Stack level 1
    Also- no flash on the camera function of iPhone..

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    wow, a lot of similiarities and quite a few diffences. i can't wait for the bold to come out esp with 16gbs of external memory and 1gb of internal memory, and a faster processer...geez
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs8331 View Post
    Interesting processor comparison that more than trumps what the iPhone offers. Apple is a great marketer and, like in politics, the new media seem to have a bias. Indeed, among the iPhone hype in the June 9 USAToday is an article stating how the now more business-friendly iPhone is now a threat to Blackberry.

It would be nice to see some sort of similar comparison in the mainstream media to what's been shown here.

A Simple Google Search will bring up all kind of links with comparing the two devices:

If you want Pictures and stuff side by side:

http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2008/05...ackberry-bold/

"1st comment on that site was "great comparison. can hardly wait for the bold!"

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Wait for rev. 4 of iPhone..... then it will get closer to a bb
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

trinidude no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3102A66F
    Hands down bb's is def no1 no doubt!!! Cmon

And can't wait for the release of the bold n thunder!!! We all know once a touch screen bb comes out say bye bye iphone!! They'll stick to ipods lol!!!

"Bad boys bad boys what u gonna do when they come for u". Lol

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Thx for great contrast there Hayden... it really does tell a lot.

While I'm committed to BB glory for the foreseeable future, I do see the appeal of the iPhone 2 and at 3G speeds finally, it will continue to sell rapidly. It's a jazzy lil thing and Apple's marketing machine is amazing...

As noted in a couple different posts here already, there are some gaping holes that Apple simply missed - MMS/Video Recording/Flash on Camera/SD Card support among others -

3rd party development opportunities and Enterprise support will also drive some new adoption.

But I'm ready to camp out for my Bold frankly...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

youngmagnet no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    i left for my curve for the iphone because i wanted to try it..i like the iphone its pretty good...but damn do i miss my bb messenger and push email... the ease of downloading apps.. i'm not upgrading to the iphone 3g....BB BOLD HERE I COME..FEELS GOOD TO BE BACK.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by moses2628 View Post
    Can't wait to get my hands on T-MO's BOLD!!!!!
    Now if T-MO was only quicker on delivering the 3G network!

Sweet combo would be timing the bold release to 3G activation in Minneapolis.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by sbs8331 View Post
    Interesting processor comparison that more than trumps what the iPhone offers. Apple is a great marketer and, like in politics, the new media seem to have a bias. Indeed, among the iPhone hype in the June 9 USAToday is an article stating how the now more business-friendly iPhone is now a threat to Blackberry.

Yup the media are dying for BlackBerry killer type stories.

I remember the Motorola Q and Blackjack BB killer articles from the media. Giving all the reasons why they would kill BB.

jrockett no está en línea BES Pro
    That's all good but which will blend better?
    Data Outages
    Reinstall OS
    Desktop/Device Page

Yes, I'm a BES admin with an iPhone 3G.

Follow me on Twitter!

huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2
    The iPhone is over rated in the media, needless to say [coporate sponsors], and it seems to compare every smartphone to the Blackberry. That reason, Apple has major companies such as Disney, Nike, United States Army, New York Time, EA and such. That being the reason iPhone has such a influence in the media hype. That is the reason the media says its a business phone, and a Blackberry contender.

However on this forum, it seems very hostile with any mentions or defends the iPhone. I need to stop monitoring this thread. However I want to leave with a couple of comments, but just keep in mind, my curve is my main phone, my fiance is jealous of my phone's curve. However whoever has developed for the Mac is will the iPhone and understands it features. Apple has done a great job in it's implementation of Cocoa touch. Cocoa touch is feature rich and I am sorry, possibility is endless. Developing 8 months ago on a jailbroken phone was a pain the a**, but SDK is jaw dropping. I am a self learner, I have not take a single class in Object C, or X Code developing, but the SDK is a cheat sheet.

There are a many closed minded user, in Blackberry and iPhone forums that have not seem full capabilities of the other device. I'm sure everyone is familiar on the Bold technical features so I won't touch that, however most don't realize the iPhone technical features. OpenGL ES was EA's instant decision to develop on the iPhone.

Out of the box, the iPhone will not do much for many reasons, however I want people to understand that Apple's marketing team is genius. It will leave certain features out to lower the cost of the device itself (which the consumer will love) and make money from third party suppliers. In September, the iPhone will be rich device. One major accessories will release is a pocket size video projector. With it's media feature and soon to come Keynote support, if you were a corporate user, why wouldn't you chose the iPhone. Yes it has push email...

Blackberry will never be fully replace anytime soon in a full corporate world because simply of it's business features, I will not give my employees an iPhone because it's simply a big distraction. I'm sure they won't be so productive with the temptation of the app store. However from a general consumer base and small business user, the iPhone is a top choice. For the end consumer, and please feel free to flame me on my following statement, without the Blackberry network, my Curve will simply downgrade to a regular smartphone. To close, become educated and familiar with both platform and device before you give an opinion. Blackberry and iPhone is soon to become a Window and OS X discussion.
    Last edited by huyanhle; 06-11-2008 at 12:00 PM.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    What puzzles me is why Apple would use a locked version of Bluetooth.

Kind of lame locking down what is supposed to be an open standard.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    and much more soon.
    yeah once the manufacturers get on the bandwagon and pop out 32GB cards that won't cost you your first born, the Blackberry will hold twice as much as the biggest iphone (16GB currently). I won't lie, I really like the new iphone, but when it comes to user friendliness, business power, and of course that always on email, you just can't beat it. And one HUGE factor about the BB Bold, you can add 3rd party battery solutions that maxmize the phone's features, and also just buy a 2nd battery! With the iphone you'd have to stop and charge if your phone was dead, there is no replacement battery lol, kind of retarded if you ask me....I was excited about the iphone, but I'm over it...on with the King of Messaging, the Blackberry 9000.......
    Yes, I've been diagnosed with Phantom Vibration Disorder.....

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast