Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 228

the iphone is that , the bold is all that and a bag of chips ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #91
    Antgod's Avatar
    Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    Posts
    320

    Advertisement



    the iphone is that , the bold is all that and a bag of chips
    Quote Originally Posted by planneau View Post
    I thought this new Iphone was suppose to be all that and a bag of potatoes. Looks like it's not. I thought that the new iphone has third party apps capabilities?

  2. #92
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    Yea I edited. Its not the words. but as i read it i could hear in my head If you know what I mean. Just be careful a post like that you might be labeled.

    Wonder if Sony would ever add phone function to the PSP. That would be cool!
    Kinda weird about that because the latest update for the PSP has "Skype" and though I've never used it I thought it was basically an internet free calling feature, but low and behold "Update 3.95" has Skype and internet radio.

  3. #93
    rubcal's Avatar
    rubcal no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1
    mmmm, iphone have gprs/edge/umts? blackberry bold yes

  4. #94
    tws777's Avatar
    tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    259
    I have been searching around. I can't even find a 16gb micro sd card. Anyone know where to buy, or are they not out yet?

  5. #95
    tws777's Avatar
    tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I have been searching around. I can't even find a 16gb micro sd card. Anyone know where to buy, or are they not out yet?
    Answered my own question, never mind. Lol

    http://gizmodo.com/341463/sandisks-n...gb-this-summer

  6. #96
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    I have been searching around. I can't even find a 16gb micro sd card. Anyone know where to buy, or are they not out yet?
    will be available around the same time you can get your hands on the Bold, summer.

  7. #97
    hayden's Avatar
    hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    12,440
    Quote Originally Posted by tws777 View Post
    Answered my own question, never mind. Lol

    http://gizmodo.com/341463/sandisks-n...gb-this-summer
    oh there you go.

  8. #98
    huyanhle's Avatar
    huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    I don't know - I perfer the BUILT IN STUFF: "Full Qwerty Keypad", the "2 Megapixels w/5x digitial zoom", "Video Recorder", "Buil-in GPS", and the "1Gb of On-board Memory" and a slot for 16Gb Card (and you know what that means, as soon as a 24gb is ready we will try it, like we did the 4, 6 & 8).

    So, there really is no "eye to eye"
    That's will the same thing an iPhone supporter will say only opposite.
    "Built in 16GB, why do we have to "add" memory..."

    I agree that SDHC cards are becoming inexpensive. But the price of an 16GB or higher SDHC card is almost as much of the price difference of the 8GB and 16GB iPhone.

    The iPhone as a "Full Qwerty keyboard also" just not hardware. However an iPhone supporter will say "blackberry doesn't have touchscreen qwerty keyboard".

    The camera is pretty much the same, out the box, the blackberry tops. However both hardware is capable of digital zoom. (Makes me wonder when will a mobile phone use optical zoom). My weekend iPhone has digital zoom, color mode, quick shoot. And yes it's not out the box, but it took three press to download the camera app.

    The only downfall is the GPS it lacks. However Apple has a great marketing strategy.
    Business Wise
    -Didn't include physical GPS because apple wants you to think it has a full device full battery time
    -TomTom is a big supporter (will have a GPS addon)
    -Apple takes 30% of TomTom's revenue sales in the App Store. Makes money of that, rather than add actual GPS to save cost of the iPhone sale price. Lower price for consumer equals more buyers.

    -Apple rather makes money from you and from TomTom sales.

  9. #99
    tws777's Avatar
    tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    259
    I bet it will be pricey! Since the 8gb Sandisk are around $50 shipped on eBay, I am going to guess the 16gb will be at least $70 to $100.

  10. #100
    DjSmooth's Avatar
    DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    2,080
    Quote Originally Posted by huyanhle View Post
    That's will the same thing an iPhone supporter will say only opposite.
    "Built in 16GB, why do we have to "add" memory..."

    I agree that SDHC cards are becoming inexpensive. But the price of an 16GB or higher SDHC card is almost as much of the price difference of the 8GB and 16GB iPhone.

    The iPhone as a "Full Qwerty keyboard also" just not hardware. However an iPhone supporter will say "blackberry doesn't have touchscreen qwerty keyboard".

    The camera is pretty much the same, out the box, the blackberry tops. However both hardware is capable of digital zoom. (Makes me wonder when will a mobile phone use optical zoom). My weekend iPhone has digital zoom, color mode, quick shoot. And yes it's not out the box, but it took three press to download the camera app.

    The only downfall is the GPS it lacks. However Apple has a great marketing strategy.
    Business Wise
    -Didn't include physical GPS because apple wants you to think it has a full device full battery time
    -TomTom is a big supporter (will have a GPS addon)
    -Apple takes 30% of TomTom's revenue sales in the App Store. Makes money of that, rather than add actual GPS to save cost of the iPhone sale price. Lower price for consumer equals more buyers.

    -Apple rather makes money from you and from TomTom sales.
    We can hit this ball back and forth all day, I guess its all goes down to personal preference. I perfer BlackBerry, waiting for the Bold, the Iphone just not for me, it seems a bit more like a Novelty item, than a Business yet Personal Device.

  11. #101
    surfanimal's Avatar
    surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Posts
    291
    sweet write-up, just proves what we all already know

  12. #102
    lucky13mt's Avatar
    lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Posts
    2,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    Did you see that?!!! iphone just got is butt whooped by RIM...Booyah! That's it, I am getting one...and yes lucky13mt, I know I just bought the 8330. Well I am up for another up-grade...he-hee!
    That's BB love...lol.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

  13. #103
    soufpac's Avatar
    soufpac no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    \P
    Posts
    98
    Ppople shuld rally check their spellsing bekause I think it maces every won a litle moor stupit~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  14. #104
    tfrankson's Avatar
    tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD
    Posts
    968
    Thanks for the comparison.

  15. #105
    moses2628's Avatar
    moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,946
    Can't wait to get my hands on T-MO's BOLD!!!!!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •