Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by beeshabo Dude!! There is NO HATING here, the iPhone is a super ... Smartphone News forum

huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Dude!! There is NO HATING here, the iPhone is a super kool device, there is no doubt about that. Hayden gave a fair comparison, only comparing the two "Out-of-the-box", and still, the Bold has better features, it's in black and white, the only thing is that the iPhone has is "touch screen" (which is overrated IMO), everything you see written on this thread is everyone's opinion, except for "Specs" which is what they are regardless of opinion.
    I definitely agree, however the out of the box really does not give the iPhone fair justice. Matter of fact, out of the box does not give BOTH device justice.

shftatsix no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242CE81D
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    If he's on BlackBerry simply click the image (specs comparison) bring up the menu and then select "Full Image". You'll be able to see all text "Actual Size"

Here's the link to the image if you want to email to him:
    http://images.pinstack.com/themes/im...ge_compare.png

He can use the "Full image" feature via email also.
    Wow thx hayden learn something new every day

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by huyanhle View Post
    I definitely agree, however the out of the box really does not give the iPhone fair justice. Matter of fact, out of the box does not give BOTH device justice.

Maybe so (as I haven't done my own research), but from what I'm seeing they're both fairly similar, just some things really bug me about the iPhone.

No Zoom
    No Built in Video Recording
    Locked Bluetooth (2.0)
    No A2DP (c'mon ***)
    No MMS
    No Copy Paste (another ***)

Just going from out-of-the-box comparison, that's just insane!! those are some fairly common PDA/Smartphone/Multi-Media Device features...So coming from Apple, it's especially dissappointing (I like Apple products)

Ooops!! sorry for the that (***)...thought twice!! should have went with my instinct

huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Maybe so (as I haven't done my own research), but from what I'm seeing they're both fairly similar, just some things really bug me about the iPhone.

No Zoom
    No Built in Video Recording
    Locked Bluetooth (2.0)
    No A2DP (c'mon WTF)
    No MMS
    No Copy Paste (another WTF)

Just going from out-of-the-box comparison, that's just insane!! those are some fairly common PDA/Multi-Media Devices features...So coming from Apple, it's especially dissappointing (I like Apple products)
    Copy and Paste is definitely the turning point. Even with it's corporate sponsors and contractors, Apple has made the iPhone towards a general consumer, thats just prefer ease of use. I copy and paste in almost every email, however the reason may be that Apple wants to limit any background apps and memory usage.

Apple want consumer to think that iPhone is a faster (fastest) device, by blocking background apps. Copy and paste a string of text will deduct from it's RAM. That's just my two cents on the Copy and Paste feature.

AD2P in the firmware:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=904

Business wise:
    File Transfer Protocol - Apple (big brother) doesn't want you to transfer that new song you "purchase" to a friend's device, but instead use iTunes to "purchase" your own copy. That file you need to send, Apple wants you to use the new "AT&T iPhone Data Plan" to send that file. In other words "greedy", because a number of Apple users have a "bigger pocket" and willing to spend.
    Last edited by huyanhle; 06-10-2008 at 06:58 PM.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Yea I edited. Its not the words. but as i read it i could hear in my head If you know what I mean. Just be careful a post like that you might be labeled.

Wonder if Sony would ever add phone function to the PSP. That would be cool!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Apple wants to limit any background apps and memory usage. Apple want consumer to think that iPhone is a faster (fastest) device, by blocking background apps. Copy and paste a string of text will deduct from it's RAM. That's just my two cents on the Copy and Paste feature.
    Now that my friend made my day. Thank you.

Xorphan no está en línea Stack level 2
    In my opinion RIM has 2 equally important initiatives they need to take.

1. Focus more on delivering truly stellar performance and business capabilities..
    ( we already know they kill all contenders in that already. )

2. Making multimedia and free software resources more available to entice more potential BlackBerry converts.

If RIM does this they will not only make great strides in retaining there current user base, but significantly impact the sales of competitors, lol, on all levels I.E: Performance, reliability, usability, and development, to name a few.

My next phone after the 8800 will be the BOLD, as soon as rogers has it on June 17, hopefully. Wifi - Assisted GPS - Multimedia - OS 4.6 - T-Flash Memory - Camera - A2DP

OTA Device upgrades is also awesome.

I'm using 4.5 already on my 8800 and I can recognize the strides they've made from 4.2.1 this is the kind of developement that keeps consumers comming back...

Plazmic does need some work though RIM, if you get my drift.
    I develope but Plazmic is a nightmare.

Hopefully the 150 Million invested by lazaridis opens alot of doors when it comes to free software addons, and usability.
    http://xorphan-design.com
    creativity in colour / design in mind

Copy and Paste is definitely the turning point. Even with it's corporate sponsors and contractors, Apple has made the iPhone towards a general consumer, thats just prefer ease of use. I copy and paste in almost every email, however the reason may be that Apple wants to limit any background apps and memory usage.

Apple want consumer to think that iPhone is a faster (fastest) device, by blocking background apps. Copy and paste a string of text will deduct from it's RAM. That's just my two cents on the Copy and Paste feature.

AD2P in the firmware:
    http://blogs.zdnet.com/Apple/?p=904

Business wise:
    File Transfer Protocol - Apple (big brother) doesn't want you to transfer that new song you "purchase" to a friend's device, but instead use iTunes to "purchase" your own copy. That file you need to send, Apple wants you to use the new "AT&T iPhone Data Plan" to send that file. In other words "greedy", because a number of Apple users have a "bigger pocket" and willing to spend.
    Okay kool...thanks Hayden!!

and I agree with your post huyanhle!! but it still kinda sucks...I guess it's for a reason, your two cents make sense (lol).

and yeah...adding phone functionality to the PSP would be SWEET!!

Nice Xorphan......You made some very good/solid points - kudos!!

hunterp101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241F126D
    Why does apple continue to miss the obvious things like say...MMS and capability to record video? Even the crappiest phones on the market can do those two things.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Not what it's cracked up to be.

I thought this new Iphone was suppose to be all that and a bag of potatoes. Looks like it's not. I thought that the new iphone has third party apps capabilities?

ElSean no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snipes mcgee View Post
    AT&T is eating the rest of iPhone price HARD, that's why it's available for that cheap. And I'm sure the Bold will be subsidized too, RIM isn't as daring as AT&T, nor as gangster as Apple to do that.
    AT&T is eating the cost so hard that it'll reduce profit by 10 to 12 cents per share for two years...supposedly it'll make it up in the long haul...but thats all speculation.

I can only wonder how much the iPhone would be without that subsidy.

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/tic...610&id=8753384

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    You should check out my post above, both device are very cable of going eye to eye with on another. The major difference is RIM BIS/BES function, and iPhone's Cocoa based architecture.
    I don't know - I perfer the BUILT IN STUFF: "Full Qwerty Keypad", the "2 Megapixels w/5x digitial zoom", "Video Recorder", "Buil-in GPS", and the "1Gb of On-board Memory" and a slot for 16Gb Card (and you know what that means, as soon as a 24gb is ready we will try it, like we did the 4, 6 & 8).

So, there really is no "eye to eye"

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks bout the info on the uma

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast