Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by krees23 This has got to be verified, especially coming to T-Moble. No ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by krees23 View Post
    This has got to be verified, especially coming to T-Moble. No UMA would definitely be a minus for me.
    new iPhone does not have UMA. As for bold not with At&T but like Curve it may on T-Mobile.

huyanhle no está en línea Stack level 2
    Please don't take me wrong, I am buying the bold as soon as it becomes available, however the comparison chart is incorrect. The iPhone 3rd party software currently have plenty of camera apps with the zoom feature, color, and rapid shot mode. MMS is also possible.

The 2.0 firmware will allow exchange, so business users can sync and push their PIM and address.

That charts a little bias, same as on the iPhone forums

My comparison includes differences between the two phone, other functions both functions are capable of.

Blackberry Bold
    • BIS/BES
    • GPS
    • Physical Keyboard (Depends on personal opinions)
    • copy and paste
    Apple iPhone
    • Full touchscreen interface (Depends on personal opinions)
    • Huge software available (90% freeware) App Store to open soon
    • Built In Storage
    • Cocoa language, native language

But honestly the members over the iPhone forums are flat out bias. What I say is you must use both devices to compare, and it also depends on what type of user you are.

I am a loyal Apple customer, I use all Apple products, and I am a long time Blackberry user. Because of my job, I must use my Blackberry, however every weekend I avoid my Blackberry addiction by turning it off. That is when I have the time to use my iPhone, I can't wait until the 2.0 becomes unlocked, and for the Bold to release.

Both of my devices are sync via PocketMac and .Mac account. All I have to do to sync my contact is, sync my Blackberry to my personal laptop. My address book and email is synced with my .Mac (soon to be mobileMe) account.

sorash@aol.com no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2896B648
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~plz by when it will be release. The FAMOUS BOLD.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    The bold looks like a bully in comparison to the poor defenseless Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    The bold looks like a bully in comparison to the poor defenseless Iphone
    You should check out my post above, both device are very cable of going eye to eye with on another. The major difference is RIM BIS/BES function, and iPhone's Cocoa based architecture.

krees23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    new iPhone does not have UMA. As for bold not with At&T but like Curve it may on T-Mobile.
    Thanks Hayden,
    I did some research as well and it looks promising for UMA and T-Mobile. Here's a couple of links. The first one strongly suggests Bold with UMA-

http://umatoday.blogspot.com/2008/05...-with-uma.html

This one is fun as it has release dates, UMA is left blank for T-Mobile, at least it doesn't say No like it does for the other carriers-

http://tinyurl.com/4mo6za

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by huyanhle View Post
    Please don't take me wrong, I am buying the bold as soon as it becomes available, however the comparison chart is incorrect. The iPhone 3rd party software currently have plenty of camera apps with the zoom feature, color, and rapid shot mode. MMS is also possible.

The 2.0 firmware will allow exchange, so business users can sync and push their PIM and address.

That charts a little bias, same as on the iPhone forums

My comparison includes differences between the two phone, other functions both functions are capable of.

Blackberry Bold
    • BIS/BES
    • GPS
    • Physical Keyboard (Depends on personal opinions)
    • copy and paste
    Apple iPhone
    • Full touchscreen interface (Depends on personal opinions)
    • Huge software available (90% freeware) App Store to open soon
    • Built In Storage
    • Cocoa language, native language
    As I said here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...7&postcount=10

This chart is not a list of what the devices can do if you download apps. Again, it's a features comparison chart out of the box (aka, what you pay for), not what a users can spend time downloading to add-on.

Then we would have to do that for BlackBerry also and in that case BlackBerry would win hands down again... as far as 3rd party apps available. Not even close.

PIN/ID
    ask
    You should check out my post above, both device are very cable of going eye to eye with on another. The major difference is RIM BIS/BES function, and iPhone's Cocoa based architecture.
    BlackBerry is also capable of more after considering 3rd party solutions.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    As I said here:

This chart is not a list of what the devices can do if you download apps. Again, it's a features comparison chart out of the box (aka, what you pay for), not what a users can spend time downloading to add-on.

Then we would have to do that for BlackBerry also and in that case BlackBerry would win hands down again... as far as 3rd party apps available. Not even close.

That's what makes BB's so kool...so much to add!! and from the looks of it, the Bold beats the iPhone with the (out of the box) comparison.

c'mon Apple, NO A2DP?!?! that's the biggest mystery here, it has iTunes for goodness sake.

ghettochild no está en línea Stack level 1
    BlackBerry is also capable of more after considering 3rd party solutions.
    All the iPhone-hating makes you all look like sore losers. You're the site admin, you should know better.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettochild View Post
    losers
    Who, what? lol. Funny. I will refrain from pointing any additional specs and facts then. Thank you for the heads up.

As I said here:

This chart is not list of what the devices can do if you download apps. Again, it's a feature comparisons chart out of the box (aka, what you pay for), not what a users can spend time downloading to add-on.

I apologize for that, and retract my statement. If so then it's agreed about the Blackberry, however the iPhone getting bigger because of its available app, both unofficial and official. A simple jailbreak will install the "Installer" app that lists hundreds of available apps. Amongst consumers, the iPhone maybe the better choice.

To a business user, the Blackberry will win hands down, there hasn't been or probably another provider to provide the messaging service RIM provides.

I have not done any developing on a Blackberry OS so please educate me on the following statements. As a hobby, I've done a few apps on the iPhone SDK, which is very powerful to my opinion. I've done one unofficial app, it's amazing what's Apple done about compacting Cocoa into a mobile device. I love how it incorporates the BSD Subsystem, which leads to great apps.

At current date, iphone fails in comparison in the business world, my current iphone does not push emails, a matter of fact, on Edge a standard emails takes 3-4 minutes to send. That's without attachments.

However, I still waiting for the Bold to release, I don't plan to getting the iPhone 3G. I am really hoping the Bold will replace my current iPhone so I can use just one device.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Dude!! There is NO HATING here, the iPhone is a super kool device, there is no doubt about that. Hayden gave a fair comparison, only comparing the two "Out-of-the-box", and still, the Bold has better features, it's in black and white, the only thing is that the iPhone has is "touch screen" (which is overrated IMO), everything you see written on this thread is everyone's opinion, except for "Specs" which is what they are regardless of opinion.

PIN/ID
    ask
    However, I still waiting for the Bold to release, I don't plan to getting the iPhone 3G. I am really hoping the Bold will replace my current iPhone so I can use just one device.
    We would both agree on that choice.

Welcome to PinStack.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast