Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516 LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 228

Originally Posted by RSCStacker Gotta agree nothing beats the BlackBerry for me, but I may ... Smartphone News forum

  1. #196
    mcawthon2004's Avatar
    mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Posts
    193

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by RSCStacker View Post
    Gotta agree nothing beats the BlackBerry for me, but I may just jump on the Apple boat and see how the iPhone treats me as a personal device..iPhone 2.0 and Bold what a combo!!
    i might do the same thing to just try out the iphone but i still wanna get the bold and have that be my primary business phone i use and the iphone just as a toy on the weekends!!

  2. #197
    digital-jarhead's Avatar
    digital-jarhead no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    PIN/ID
    400A34E2
    Posts
    1
    This is really a silly comparison. I own an iPhone and own my 5th Blackberry device (have been using them forever). Blackberry devices were designed for business. iPhones were designed for pleasure (and maybe the sole businessman). The Blackberry cannot be beat when it comes to it's push mail service and Exchange integration. That's it. The iPhone has been around for how long? Where is the comparison of software available for the Blackberry versus iPhone? Where is the comparison of surfing the web on Blackberry versus an iPhone? How many websites out there create separate pages strictly for a Blackberry (not just a mobile device but for the Blackberry itself)? Have you seen how many websites are designing pages just for the iPhone? Where is a comparison of call clarity between the 2 devices? Have you seen the IPhone's GUI? It's like comparing Windows Vista to Windows 3.1. Screen quality?

    They are 2 totally different devices built for 2 totally different things. But to call this the "ultimate" comparison is ridiculous. You need to clarify it with the ultimate "hardware" comparison. This a comparison of specs... big deal.

    And if you are a non-BES user, the iPhone destroys the BB's IMAP support. This is RIM's biggest issue... great device if you are on a BES but if not, you're screwed.

    And the whole camera thing to me has always seemed a little silly... whether it's still or video... it's a phone... with the exception of probably Nokia (amazing video phone cameras), they all suck. Buy a camera.

    Combine the 2 devices together and you have one unbeatable pair. Will I be getting a Bold? Sure I will... gotta have the BES integration...

  3. #198
    cindy.watt's Avatar
    cindy.watt no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    20653295
    Posts
    2
    Hayden, you have done it again! Great work on the comparison and, now I can have the best of both worlds. Buy the Bold, download the iBerry theme and away I go. Who could ask for anything more.
    Cheers!

    Cindy

  4. #199
    jetsetter's Avatar
    jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    119

    Going to the iPhone

    I realize this is a BB discussion website, but there seems to be a lot of 'woo hoo bb wins' comments in this thread and I'm a little confused.

    My experience with the Blackberry began and will end with the Curve. I bought it just as the first iPhone came out (actually after rebates at&t paid me $80 to take it) and did all of the BB-nerd customizations recommended here, (remove PTT, theme unlocking, etc.)

    I am a pro-sumer, using the BB Curve for some entertainment, but also for business, I'm an MBA grad student and run administer a big website.

    And it is a decent device, but when it comes down to it, I found that the BB is incredibly flawed. I never received an update able to shake the memory leak issue which as of this past weekend still results in lost messages unless I do a battery pull occasionally.

    I find that the BB desktop manager software really sucks, still. It looks like it was built for windows 95, and works like it too. Search 'sync blackberry curve bluetooth' on google and a guide I wrote comes up that still gets hundreds of hits a day.

    The device itself had a manufacturing defect that resulted in dust spreading under the screen protection and onto the lcd itself that I can't remove without taking the thing apart. On top of all that, the camera won't take photos anymore.

    I've sent and received hundreds if not thousands of emails and messages using my BB but when it comes down to it, using these little dinky programs that can't display my email correctly is for the birds. And most importantly, even using the newest mini-Opera: web. surfing. on. a. blackberry. sucks. ...bad.

    So while some of these you might say, "well, ya that was the Curve, the Bold will be much better." I say: "Well, these are all problems that RIM put into their best electronic gadget, what makes you think they won't have the same problems of different ones of a similar magnitude with the Bold?"

    For all the productivity gains you're supposed to see from using a blackberry over an iPhone, I just don't see it. Fortunately, I'm up for a new phone on the 24th of this month, so I'll be ditching Blackberry and moving to the iPhone as of July 11th.

  5. #200
    hunterp101's Avatar
    hunterp101 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241F126D
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
    I realize this is a BB discussion website, but there seems to be a lot of 'woo hoo bb wins' comments in this thread and I'm a little confused.

    My experience with the Blackberry began and will end with the Curve. I bought it just as the first iPhone came out (actually after rebates at&t paid me $80 to take it) and did all of the BB-nerd customizations recommended here, (remove PTT, theme unlocking, etc.)

    I am a pro-sumer, using the BB Curve for some entertainment, but also for business, I'm an MBA grad student and run administer a big website.

    And it is a decent device, but when it comes down to it, I found that the BB is incredibly flawed. I never received an update able to shake the memory leak issue which as of this past weekend still results in lost messages unless I do a battery pull occasionally.

    I find that the BB desktop manager software really sucks, still. It looks like it was built for windows 95, and works like it too. Search 'sync blackberry curve bluetooth' on google and a guide I wrote comes up that still gets hundreds of hits a day.

    The device itself had a manufacturing defect that resulted in dust spreading under the screen protection and onto the lcd itself that I can't remove without taking the thing apart. On top of all that, the camera won't take photos anymore.

    I've sent and received hundreds if not thousands of emails and messages using my BB but when it comes down to it, using these little dinky programs that can't display my email correctly is for the birds. And most importantly, even using the newest mini-Opera: web. surfing. on. a. blackberry. sucks. ...bad.

    So while some of these you might say, "well, ya that was the Curve, the Bold will be much better." I say: "Well, these are all problems that RIM put into their best electronic gadget, what makes you think they won't have the same problems of different ones of a similar magnitude with the Bold?"

    For all the productivity gains you're supposed to see from using a blackberry over an iPhone, I just don't see it. Fortunately, I'm up for a new phone on the 24th of this month, so I'll be ditching Blackberry and moving to the iPhone as of July 11th.
    Have fun with that. Though you had a bad experience those are few and far between. There is a reason RIM keeps increasing market share and apple is falling.

  6. #201
    alwaysbelieve1's Avatar
    alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    What carrier can I get the Bold on and how much?
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

    Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

    Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    PIN/ID
    LESS
    Posts
    1,757
    Its has not been released yet. ~via 8300 on the Go

  8. #203
    alwaysbelieve1's Avatar
    alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    835
    Correct, but when it is... when and who?

    Thx
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

    Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

    Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

  9. #204
    jetsetter's Avatar
    jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    119
    Here's a Business Week article on why imitating or trying to beat the iPhone's hardware specs doesn't make sense. In a large part, I agree. While the BB can run a litany of 3rd party apps written by devs, the desktop manager looks pretty silly compared to the simplicity of iTunes.

    Also, the difference in web browsing experience on an iPhone vs what other devices have been able to offer is something that is downplayed unless you're an iPhone owner.

  10. #205
    Cauterized's Avatar
    Cauterized no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3
    wrong thread.

    (epic fail)

  11. #206
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    I will give the iphone credit where its due, but I'm still a 100% BB guy and that won't be changing anytime soon...despite the better efforts of a few of my friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsetter View Post
    Here's a Business Week article on why imitating or trying to beat the iPhone's hardware specs doesn't make sense. In a large part, I agree. While the BB can run a litany of 3rd party apps written by devs, the desktop manager looks pretty silly compared to the simplicity of iTunes.

    Also, the difference in web browsing experience on an iPhone vs what other devices have been able to offer is something that is downplayed unless you're an iPhone owner.

  12. #207
    tmontgo's Avatar
    tmontgo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1

    More questions on comparison

    I was planning to purchase the new iphone, but I've just about changed my mind and want to go with a Blackberry. I've never had a data phone before and need to know if Blackberry supports Active Sync. That's what I need for my new job.

    When is the Blackberry Bold going to be available, and what is the price for the 8G model?

    Also, someone told me that the iphone does not have a replacable battery, and you need to replace your iphone when the battery dies. Is that true? Can I purchase a spare battery for the Blackberry Bold or Curve, or is the battery a non-removable part of the device?

  13. #208
    cornelious0_0's Avatar
    cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Posts
    673
    All berries have removable batteries, another huge plus for most people, and another reason I'm not giving up my BB for apples little tech toy.

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  14. #209
    Prorock's Avatar
    Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterp101 View Post
    Have fun with that. Though you had a bad experience those are few and far between. There is a reason RIM keeps increasing market share and apple is falling.
    I am sure he will, as will I. He is right.

  15. #210
    Prorock's Avatar
    Prorock no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    392
    Still like BB, don't get me wrong but I recieved an iPhone from my wife as a gift and I have found it to be a pleasure to use. Far better at the things I want a phone to do. I can't say enough good things about the web browser and media player. Although the Bold looks fantastic it will be awhile before RIM gets my money. I just can't understand the blind iPhone bashing. It is not perfect by any means but neither is any BlackBerry. I still got love for PinStack and I am sure I will come back to BB somewhere down the road, but the browser has to be as good as Safari.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •