Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by huyanhle Again, myself and many iPhone users agree that Blackberry is superior ... Smartphone News forum

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by huyanhle View Post
    Again, myself and many iPhone users agree that Blackberry is superior in corporate communications, and won't be top anytime soon.

However Apple's half of Apple's statement for the corporate environment is its operating ability and software. Exchange is a network base client, however mobile applications to accept mobile access to the Exchange Server through the cellular data connection is readily available for the iPhone.
    Where in the arcitecture is the "Cellular Network" mentioned with Exchange and ActiveSync for iPhone? Did you read the setup instructions? No mention of a cellular network, its all done with opening port 443 on your network, and setting up other Exchange options, but nothing is done over the cell network, its all WAN/LAN.

Sorry...show me the cellular network setup with iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by huyanhle View Post
    mobileMe is equivalent to Blackberry network for consumer users. And corporates will use Microsoft Exchange, mobileMe Apple's answer to no background apps also, I asked my self how would instant messaging clients work without running in the background to receive alerts.

Will mobileMe will push the new message, if you chose, you will then on the instant messaging client. Apple wants you to think that iPhone is the "fastest" device by blocking background but it also provide a strong solution mobileMe. I know many of you will say why do I have to pay for that, well I purchase .Mac as soon as it became available for a simple back to my mac feature.

am23, I am sure you will be able to input eastern characters with the bold, maybe will key combinations. I have not once enter a eastern character into a device, and do not have any experiences.
    Are you a BlackBerry Admin, do you understand the arcitecture and how it works, and how its different than this "Exchange/Active Sync" setup?

Big-O no está en línea Stack level 1
    So here's my situation.

I'm Canadian, but going to business school in the US in September.

I use a BB for work all the time, but I have to give it up.

If I care about BB PIN and better / quicker email / calendaring, then BB wins

If I care about sexy-time / better video/web surfing/free sbux internet then iPhone wins. (and wins big, as the bold has a TINY screen compare to the iPhone)

So really, I guess my debate is truly form v. function! Ack!

Quote Originally Posted by Big-O View Post
    So here's my situation.

I'm Canadian, but going to business school in the US in September.

I use a BB for work all the time, but I have to give it up.

If I care about BB PIN and better / quicker email / calendaring, then BB wins

If I care about sexy-time / better video/web surfing/free sbux internet then iPhone wins. (and wins big, as the bold has a TINY screen compare to the iPhone)

So really, I guess my debate is truly form v. function! Ack!
    The iPhone screen is only 1" bigger than the BB Bold...Tiny? Not hardly.

HKing1337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree Fiddy View Post
    How disappointing for the iPhone. I understand this is a BB site, and I LOVE my Curve, but was this image created by Pinstack; meaning, could an Apple site create a similar image to make the BB look inferior?

REgardless, an extra $99 per year for push e-mail? Hell, I call that Pay e-mail!
    You would have to pay for Blackberry push email services too. $19.99 if you want the internet and the email, $9.99 for just email at T-Mobile.

I'm sure it's more at AT&T and you have to pay extra for tethering with AT&T. (side issuse)

That would come to $239.88/year for Blackberry Internet Services.
    $119.88/year for just the Blackberry Email

btw, this thread confuses me, I thought I posted this thread at first and though "WTF?"

I only pay $45 for my unlimited email/data plan, on AT&T, but thats no BlackBerry's fault its my cellular carrier and the amount of data I want. Similar pricing for the iPhone data...so lets not try to compare those.

lovesickneo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    245679F6

Great Info

Nice to see them side by side. If the Thunder is as good as the Bold is shaping up to be then the iPhone should be worried.

HKing1337 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMc73 View Post
    I only pay $45 for my unlimited email/data plan, on AT&T, but thats no BlackBerry's fault its my cellular carrier and the amount of data I want. Similar pricing for the iPhone data...so lets not try to compare those.
    You ONLY pay $45? $45/year?

Last the checked, the $60/month rate plan for the iPhone already included data access, so you don't have to have the mobileMe.

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9
    This is a horribly biased "comparison". I do not have an iPhone, I have owned a blackberry, I currently own a Windows Mobile device (which has its advantages).

1) Device Messaging- Both are capable of many different messengers. Blackberry messenger was worthless to me because my friends didn't have blackberries.

2) Camera- 5x digital zoom. Really? You realize digital zoom just takes the picture and crops is right? I bet apple (if not already planned) will add this functionality.

3) Video Playback- iPhone blows away blackberry. If you disagree then you have never tried them both.

4) GPS- Assisted GPS is far superior than standard GPS. Assisted GPS IS normal GPS that used cell towers to find a satellite lock faster. My phone currently has A-GPS and I get a lock within 2 minutes while driving.

5) Memory- 16GB microsd? Those DO NOT exist yet.

6) iPhone has other features that the bold does not have, accelerometer for one.

Is the bold going to be awesome? Yes. Is the iPhone 2.0 going to be awesome? Yes. Will I own either one? Not unless they are released for Sprint on the sero plan.

When you make a comparison, please try to make it unbiased.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by courtlandre View Post
    This is a horribly biased "comparison". I do not have an iPhone, I have owned a blackberry, I currently own a Windows Mobile device (which has its advantages).

1) Device Messaging- Both are capable of many different messengers. Blackberry messenger was worthless to me because my friends didn't have blackberries.
    That's instant messaging most mobiles have Instant messaging (msn, gtalk etc) capability. Device messaging the PIN messaging feature unique to BlackBerry.

2) Camera- 5x digital zoom. Really? You realize digital zoom just takes the picture and crops is right? I bet apple (if not already planned) will add this functionality.
    That's why it's called digital zoom and not optical zoom

3) Video Playback- iPhone blows away blackberry. If you disagree then you have never tried them both.
    In the specs sheet there is no mention of Blackberry beating iPhone on this. In fact, iPhone is listed with "Wide-screen" video playback. The screen specs listed makes it obvious which is better as far as video playback.

4) GPS- Assisted GPS is far superior than standard GPS. Assisted GPS IS normal GPS that used cell towers to find a satellite lock faster. My phone currently has A-GPS and I get a lock within 2 minutes while driving.
    Okkk then

5) Memory- 16GB microsd? Those DO NOT exist yet.
    It exist, but like the Bold will not be available till summer. Point is, when the Bold becomes available to the mass public, the 16gb should be available around the same time.

6) iPhone has other features that the bold does not have, accelerometer for one.
    Wooo cool!.
    The original post lists specs not opinion.

PIN/ID
    23DF64F9
    Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    And conveniently leaves out specs.

I like blackberries, I like iphones. The comparison is just very biased is all.

I should point out how happy I am that blackberry is finally putting a decent screen on their phone. Couldn't stand surfing the internet on such low resolution devices.

PIN/ID
    23DF64F9
    the 16gb should be available around the same time.

I'm glad that it lists "specs" when the 16gb card is "supposed" to be available summer.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by courtlandre View Post
    I'm glad that it lists "specs" when the 16gb card is "supposed" to be available summer.
    Yup. The entire "specs" are of devices Bold and iPhone that are "supposed" to be available this summer. The specs listed for most technology once the availability is impending.

What I could have mentioned is that by years end, there will be a 24GB card from sandisk available for Blackberry. All removable of course. But for the purpose of what users can buy when the Bold and iphone hits the streets we left it at 16GB.

Commodus no está en línea Stack level 1
    Maybe so, but it's entirely possible to cherry pick specs to produce a particular result -- although I should quickly follow up by saying that the comparison is relatively fair.

There's more than a little bias from readers here (on a BlackBerry forum, who'd have though?) towards the Bold. Hooray, it supports 16GB microSDHC cards! Only it's entirely possible to pay $150 for an 8GB card, and the 16GB ones aren't due for awhile yet. The ability to upgrade the Bold's storage in a year or two will quickly be lost after you've spent as much as a whole iPhone to get there ($150 now plus $150 later when a larger card is ready).

Calling MobileMe a substitute for BlackBerry mail is a bit of a stretch, though. It's a centralized push data service, but I'll bet you that it's not as secure as RIM's service and (high-profile failures notwitshanding) has lower uptime.

PIN/ID
    23DF64F9
    Try posting this "comparison" on anything other than a blackberry fansite and it will be torn apart.

It has many fine points, but overall is bias towards the Bold. Anyone that disagrees can safely call them self a blackberry fanboy.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast