Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Viigo button to subscribe to specific forums now at top of all forums. See attachment ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pinstack.com now available On-The-Go with Viigo!

Advertisement

Viigo button to subscribe to specific forums now at top of all forums. See attachment for example
    Attached Images Attached Images

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by smis
    Did you get a new Curve? I am not sure if mine is new or refurb, I noticed some keys are discolored/darker than others. I need to get hold of RIM so I can get new keys because they are very dark might need to use a Brillo pad to clean them. :cry:
    Yeah its new... The keys look ok to me

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    The pinstack version should be 2.2.62.
    Hey Hayden... i have noticed that in the new Pinstack version the feeds don't diffrentiate between read and unread feeds like in previous versions...

The RSS feed icons on the left are all greyed out... (or not orange) -

Will this be fixed/updated or is this the new way they will appear... thx

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Hey Hayden... i have noticed that in the new Pinstack version the feeds don't diffrentiate between read and unread feeds like in previous versions...

The RSS feed icons on the left are all greyed out... (or not orange) -

Will this be fixed/updated or is this the new way they will appear... thx
    Scott, on your homepage can you launch the menu and select "Update All Channels" from the menu options. Wait a few seconds for Viigo to update your channels.

Do the icons change then?

Thanks,
    Pete

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by petey
    Scott, on your homepage can you launch the menu and select "Update All Channels" from the menu options. Wait a few seconds for Viigo to update your channels.

Do the icons change then?

Thanks,
    Pete
    Pete -

Forgive me jumping in (I'm sure Scott will answer too) - but I have the same issue (using an 8300 with the new Pinstack-branded version of Viigo). All the RSS feed icons are gray on the home screen, and remain that way, even when I update single or all channels.

Yes... forgive me. My bad.

In partner versions we keep the RSS icon gray. Why? Well, we found that the coloured RSS icon conflicted with partner branding.

So the behaviour isn't consistent with the regular version of Viigo, but this was a conscious decision.

My apologies for the confusion...

Pete

(I'm awaiting a tidal wave of user responses now).

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ LoL... Thx for letting us know Petey... Would be nice to have the feed notifica(ions active, but I guess its not a deal breaker or anything -

Still awesome work on the collabration b/w your group and haydens crack staff -

thx again

jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    250edab5

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    In about an hour we will add a small button (see attached) at the top of every forum so that user may select specific forums to subscribe to On The Go. Adding forum subscriptions will also be available via BlackBerry browser

This will not replace the single thread email subscription feature. For single threads use the "Thread tools" drop down menu above this thread for example to be notified of new post via email. Simply select subscribe to this thread.

For example you may own a BlackBerry 8100 but there's a thread in the 8800 forum that relates your device. You can use the single thread subscribe feature in such a case. However, for the 8100 forum you can use PinStack On The Go by clicking the plus Viigo button that will be added shortly.

Will update thread once the subscribe button is up with more details. A site map will be created also with all the main feeds. Stay tuned..
    Just to clarify – you must be a registered Viigo user to ‘one click’ subscribe to any feeds.

How to fix this / Check if this applies to you:

You must be running the Pinstack version of Viigo:
    1) Options > Account
    Note - If your username looks like it was auto-generated (for example: nve6374jb) you’re using a guest account.

2) Select ‘Create a New Account’
    *Don’t worry – you won’t lose any of the feeds that you’re currently subscribing to.
    3) Viigo will launch a Registration Wizard that walks you through the process in less than 30 seconds.

4) Once this step is complete – you’ll be set to click on the (image) anywhere you see it, and add it directly to your Viigo feeds.

Why it didn’t work before:

With a guest account, there’s no way for Viigo to confirm that it's actually you who's requesting to add these feeds to your homepage. For security purposes, we require a password.

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for your patience.

Click here for more information on Account Setup and Registration

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Hope this helps - Jesse

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~downloaded the app. And so far so good. Navigated around a bit and of coursed registered and no problems at all. Going to play with it a little more.

lakecityboy3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

if u don't mind wut is the difference bewteen viigo and on the go with viigo? because i already got viigo. i was wondering so ill know if i want to download it.

ytsejam1138 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes... forgive me. My bad.

In partner versions we keep the RSS icon gray. Why? Well, we found that the coloured RSS icon conflicted with partner branding.

So the behaviour isn't consistent with the regular version of Viigo, but this was a conscious decision.

My apologies for the confusion...

Pete

(I'm awaiting a tidal wave of user responses now).

If we here at PinStack setup a poll for whether we want the RSS icon gray or colored and the colored one wins, would it possible to change it? I love the PinStack branded Viigo, but I switched back to the normal one just to have the RSS icons colored.

Quote Originally Posted by ytsejam1138
    If we here at PinStack setup a poll for whether we want the RSS icon gray or colored and the colored one wins, would it possible to change it? I love the PinStack branded Viigo, but I switched back to the normal one just to have the RSS icons colored.
    Anything is possible.

Of course I cannot make any promises or guarantees. I can say, however, that we do take our user's feedback very very seriously.

(Nonetheless, I am a Viigo Product Manager... so I do have some say!)

Thanks,
    Pete

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Anything is possible.
    Of course I cannot make any promises or guarantees. I can say, however, that we do take our user's feedback very very seriously.
    (Nonetheless, I am a Viigo Product Manager... so I do have some say!)
    I have to say that I miss the icon indicating unread stories. I've been tempted to revert back to the generic version of Viigo, because of this. Also, as much as I appreciate Pinstack, and all the work the folks here put in for the community, I'm really not a fan of branded versions of software. For the past 20 years, I've quite purposely avoided branded versions, always preferring the "original manufacturer's version". Maybe just a quirk with me, but when I install Viigo, I'm looking for Viigo, just as I've avoided so many attempts of companies to offer branding for my web browser, install their branded buttons in Word, and I positively can't stand it when car dealers put their dealership sticker on the back of a new car that I buy - makes me nuts. I don't mean to sound strident, and I don't want to sound unappreciative of Pinstack -- but I personally like my possessions to bear their own names. I keep coming back to Pinstack because of the people, the content and the experience -- with that in mind, I prefer *less* advertising to more: I am already a participant, and don't need my Viigo experience to include Pinstack advertising every time I open it.

I hope nobody is offended by this - not my intention. I may also be the only one who feels this way. But my suggestion is that advertising should be aimed at people who are not yet customers. We are subjected to SO much advertising throughout every day of our lives -- I feel that vendors we already patronize should respect that, and not continue to advertise at us once we're already confirmed customers.

Of course I guess that I can go back to the unbranded version - that's my personal decision. Just suggesting that it's worth considering other perspectives, and making sure that the branding and marketing accomplish what branding and marketing are intended to accomplish.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    I have to say that I miss the icon indicating unread stories. I've been tempted to revert back to the generic version of Viigo, because of this. Also, as much as I appreciate Pinstack, and all the work the folks here put in for the community, I'm really not a fan of branded versions of software. For the past 20 years, I've quite purposely avoided branded versions, always preferring the "original manufacturer's version". Maybe just a quirk with me, but when I install Viigo, I'm looking for Viigo, just as I've avoided so many attempts of companies to offer branding for my web browser, install their branded buttons in Word, and I positively can't stand it when car dealers put their dealership sticker on the back of a new car that I buy - makes me nuts. I don't mean to sound strident, and I don't want to sound unappreciative of Pinstack -- but I personally like my possessions to bear their own names. I keep coming back to Pinstack because of the people, the content and the experience -- with that in mind, I prefer *less* advertising to more: I am already a participant, and don't need my Viigo experience to include Pinstack advertising every time I open it.

I hope nobody is offended by this - not my intention. I may also be the only one who feels this way. But my suggestion is that advertising should be aimed at people who are not yet customers. We are subjected to SO much advertising throughout every day of our lives -- I feel that vendors we already patronize should respect that, and not continue to advertise at us once we're already confirmed customers.

Of course I guess that I can go back to the unbranded version - that's my personal decision. Just suggesting that it's worth considering other perspectives, and making sure that the branding and marketing accomplish what branding and marketing are intended to accomplish.
    Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not sure you if your getting the full picture of how Viigo's PinStack On The Go works... Viigo has been one of the best RSS applications for BlackBerry and possible the most popular and thus many Blackberry users already use it. Also, most Stackers who have Viigo installed already use it to subscribe to Pinstack threads. With these two factors considered there are extreme benefits when the two services are combined.

Thus, in an effort to help others who were not fortunate enough to find an alternative method of keeping track of Pinstack. We promote Viigo and have multiple Viigo buttons across Pinstack to make users aware of this option.

There are many BB users who use Viigo. But the fact remains most users (10,000,000) don't. We help to increase this awareness of a product that we have accepted compliments PinStack very well.

So our target audience are not really existing Viigo users per say but rather new users who are not aware of the product and it's benefits when used with PinStack.

On PinStack we made it MUCH easier for existing original-Viigo users to be aware that PinStack threads CAN be fed to Viigo. We've taken no steps to force users to switch as both versions have the same form and function. However, surprisingly many loyal to PinStack as the community that they are a part of... prefer the PinStack edition.

The reasons you mentioned above that prompt you to continue to visit PinStack (because of the people, the content and the experience) are the exact reasons why many users who see the PinStack adaptation of Viigo, are confident to download it based on such association.

I can only hope that this new service lives up to our record and helps to increase PinStack's reach of our free service, content and member satisfaction.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Big fan of Viigo (always giving it the thumbs up in the 3rd party apps threads), but I am also missing the orange alerts. I hope that thread can go up that would allow pinstack users to vote on it, because while I enjoy the personalized pinstack branding and would like to support the site, I am above all else about the features and UI and imho the orange alerts should be a choice for the user to turn on or off. For now I am going back to the unbranded version, but I hope to see this readded (or an on/off option) in the future.

-----
    Also just wanted to throw out there that maybe a different verification of identity question could be used other than "mother's maiden name". This question is used many times for high level accounts such as bank account and financial loan services and I know it makes me very uncomfortable to use that to verify an RSS feed program. I know we can easily make up an answer (or skip it), but I know I am not good at keeping track of false answers and would like a way to verify my account. Maybe future version could be "favorite hobby" or "first birthday gift", just preferably not the current question. Thanks!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast