Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pinger, Inc. today expanded its service to tens of millions of Blackberry and US mobile ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pinger Voice Messaging Service now available for Blackberry

Advertisement

Pinger, Inc. today expanded its service to tens of millions of Blackberry and US mobile phone users. Pinger, which provides text messaging for your voice, released a mobile application to optimize the Pinger experience for Blackberry users. In addition, Pinger expanded general support for mobile phones on nearly every US mobile carrier including Cingular (the new AT&T), Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Alltel, Virgin Mobile, US Cellular, Cellular One/Dobson, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Unicel, SunCom Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, Cellular South and Tracfone. Pinger's footprint now covers over 95 percent of US mobile subscribers.

Read More

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Pinger Voice Messaging Service now available for Blackberry

I'm giving this one a try.. thanks!

Knotes no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, I think Im gonna holla at this too. Just signed up. thanx.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

so watching the video I understood that you have to call the service to record the "voice message" and it is delivered as a text alert to the people you say, then they also have to call into the service to hear it.

I think many friends would receive this and think it is spam or something and not really call in to retreive it.

How do I send a Pinger message?
    Just dial Pinger, say the names of the people you want to message and start talking. No ringing, no greetings, no lengthy prompts. Just your voice.

How do I listen to a Pinger message?
    A Pinger notification comes as a text message. Just dial the phone number in the text message (no need to memorize it-your phone likely has an auto-dial option). You'll start hearing the sender's voice right away! You can press one button to reply, unlike with voicemail where you have to hang up and call back. All the "envelope information", like date and time that gets in your way in a voicemail, is right in your notification. So you can decide if it makes sense to listen now or later.
    But I didn't understand about the downloadable application. Does the app just interface with the phone to dial into the service or does the app interface with their server and download the audio as attachments via data connection?
    Blackberry 7000 and 8000 Series and Treo 600/650/680/700p users can download a small application that beautifies Pinger notifications on their phone and makes message retrieval a single click away. You also get a list of your last 10 Pinger messages, any of which you can listen to with a single button.
    Last edited by cliffr39; 03-27-2007 at 11:25 PM.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    so watching the video I understood that you have to call the service to record the "voice message" and it is delivered as text to the people you say?
    no, you have to call a number to get the message.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I just signed up for it too. Anxious to give it a try.

Knotes no está en línea Stack level 2

I think that the app is like a messaging service from pinger (I downloaded it). When we (if we ever do) get messages through pinger, they'll show up there I think. I'll do a lil bit of research.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

OK, I just tried it out.

Here's how it works:

1) You sign up for a Pinger Account. You dial in to the number they give you and enter the code they give you.
    2) You set up contacts (cell phone numbers and email addresses) to people you want to use with this. It says it allows you to synch your Outlook, AOL, GMAIL, etc. contacts.
    3) You dial in to the Pinger number (they provided me with a local number)
    4) You speak the name of the contact you want to send a message to and hang up.

I sent a message to myself then I received a link telling me to call the local number from my cell phone to retrieve the message. I did and it worked as advertised.

That being said, for me, I probably won't use this app much. I could see every now and then using it while driving, but that's probably it. I would think that the recipients won't want to have to dial in to another number just to retrieve the message IMHO.

drummer12 no está en línea Stack level 3

Come one people, we all know everyone with a BB can't help but drive and type at the same time

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I signed up. When you call the service you can add as many people as you have in the list that you have either imported or manually typed in. I added 10 people, recorded a message and pressed #1 to send. My friends in the room and the others all received a clear message. It does defeat the purpose of text messages, but I think the point that ping is trying to make is how personal their service is.
    I can add 10 recipients to the same sms and get the same results.
    Thanks for the post, I do like the service. I can see it come in handy for telling friends good news(every one of them wants to keep you on the phone for a half an hour)because I can get an emotion across with words better than text.

MooseBerry no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm gonna try it as well.
    My BB History: 7510>7520>7100>7100t>7130c>8700c>8100>8300>8310>81 30>8330>9530>9630

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

I'm going to give it a try too. Will see how it goes.

Kinda cool but, if I have to pay for it later then I will not use it. Should be easier than trying to type a message in while driving down the interstate.
    Last edited by MWPatterson; 03-28-2007 at 06:42 AM.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I think it would be a great service if you didn't have to actually dial into a number (me and them), but instead the app you download recorded the voice message and sent like an MMS

so as it is now this service runs up airtime AND text message count.. like a double whammie IMO.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I agree, it seems like a waste to call in and have a text message both.... IMO

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

I have a "g" voice messenger pre installed on my pearl, it sends via mms and can also send to groups.

You can also add a picture to mms voice message or send voice message as e-mail attachment or add the voice message to BB PIN messenger !!

I am on O2 UK OS .64 , I was wondering if this was the same as app that is on the new .66 italy OS ??

I have had this for 3 months and didnt realise it could do all this DUH !!

Gaz.
    Last edited by gazar; 03-29-2007 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast