Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent I don't understand how T-Mobile overseas could have the BOLD, but ... Smartphone News forum

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I don't understand how T-Mobile overseas could have the BOLD, but not in the USA!? Why is that?
    T-Mobile USA uses the 1700/2100 UMTS band.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    And whŕt does that mean? 1700/2100 UMTS band?

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    I need to c the Bold browser pictures. Right now and SORRY im on iphone 3G. Yes yes... I miss a lot of things like: bluetooth FTP, copy/paste, native chat (i hate browser apps), the led indicator and the beautiful keyboard... The 3G browser rocks, but I understand that for business the BB is the best....

UMTS = Universal Mobile Telecommunications System, is a third-generation (3G) broadband, packet-based transmission of text, digitized voice, video, and multimedia at data rates up to 2 megabits per second (Mbps).

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Thanks for clearing that up.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Thyth no está en línea Stack level 3
    The UMTS 1700 band (also called operating band IV) uploads on frequencies from 1710 to 1755 Mhz and downloads on frequencies from 2110 to 2155 Mhz. Only T-Mobile USA has a 3G network that uses this operating band.

All of the European UMTS networks use 2100 band (operating band I, UL from 1920 to 1980 Mhz, DL from 2110 to 2170 Mhz), except for a small deployment in Finland that uses 900 Mhz (UMTS operating band VIII). Same deal in Asia, with a handful more 900 Mhz deployments. Same deal in Africa too. Oceania networks are 2100 with some dual deployment of 850 Mhz (UMTS operating band V) and 900 Mhz.

In the North and South Americas, most 3G network deployments are on 1900 Mhz (UMTS operating band II) with many deployments also using 850 Mhz.

AT&T uses 1900 and 850 for their 3G network. Rogers uses the same. The Bold is a tri-band UMTS device with support for the 850, 1900, and 2100 Mhz bands, meaning it can be used on just about any wireless network around the world -- except networks on strange frequency ranges, like T-Mobile USA.

guitarfreak846 no está en línea Stack level 3
    that thing is so freakin' sexy!

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Very Very Kewl, I dont know how much I like the backing, but the qwertz keypad is a minor inconvenience, I still dont know if I want the bold or if I want to wait and buy the touchscreen BB. Granted I hate touchscreen, but I would want it more for the concept of a BB with a larger screen landscape. :-D oh I need to stop drooling.....
    ----
    "If you aren't remembered, then you never existed." – Arisu

"I'm watching a dream I'll never wake up from.." - Spike Spiegel

islandpinoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2884AE28
    eh ...its alright....grumble grumble...freaking tmo....its really not that great...grumble grumble....not like I wanted this freaking sick lookin BB.... not at all really...no really..why would i want a new toy..which happens to be a BB...

I NEED ONE!!!!!!!
    ***RIP<3MD***

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123