Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No it is not transferable as it work on the IMEI number of the BB. ... Smartphone News forum

MonsterLai no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: PhoneBAK - New software helps get stolen BlackBerry back.

Advertisement

No it is not transferable as it work on the IMEI number of the BB. My boss being the cheapo asked if we can just buy 1 copy for everyone! Really shameful to be with him when the sales person was doing demostration.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

what i meant is that if i was to purchase the license for my pearl now. Butif i was to get rid of my pearl and buy a new bb model. would i be able to transfer to my new bb?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

for 25$ thats quite a nice safetynet to have

Looks really interresting, and I'm guessing it will be very popular in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftorX View Post
    what i meant is that if i was to purchase the license for my pearl now. Butif i was to get rid of my pearl and buy a new bb model. would i be able to transfer to my new bb?
    No, you will have to buy a new copy but then again you can make that money from selling your pearl with that software since can add unlimited numbers of sim cards too.

cwaturner no está en línea Stack level 2

So what's the Sprint way?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by The SPCS Guy View Post
    WHAT ABOUT us CDMA customers?

JE

You guys have the advantage that once your unit is reported stolen it is unusable until you report back that you retrieved it. Software on it to notify you would be worthless since it is not activatable any longer and useable only as parts.

Zo

kelli67 no está en línea Stack level 3

As a person who recently had my car, my more importantly my BB :cry: stolen, this is awesome. Thanks Hayden!

EB
    EB no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cwaturner View Post
    So what's the Sprint way?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    SO WHAT'S THE SPRINT WAY?

mbranscum no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by EB View Post
    SO WHAT'S THE SPRINT WAY?
    Look at post #5 in this thread.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

It says not available for the Curve yet, but it uses a picture of a Curve as an example!?

Hayden, I notice you said you were getting this. Are you going to try it on your listed Curve? If so, let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by mbranscum; 01-09-2008 at 08:22 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

I think the curve is the receiver from the pearl where the software is installed.

mrobins no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone actually had their phone stolen and used this to get their phone back?

Someone steals your phone, you call them and say "Give me my phone back!"

They know they've stolen you're phone and either:

A) its useless to them because you were smart enough to enable pw protection because you're security-conscious and you bought this program...

or

B) they realize you've got some kind of loJack on your phone so they wipe it and erase the program

Either way, my guess is that person ditches the phone because if they were honest in the first place they would have figured out who you are and tried to give it back rather than put their SIM in it. They probably won't want to face the person whose phone they clearly tried to jack.

Also, would the police help in a situation like this? If you gave them the phone # would they track it down for you?

In the end, enable the content protection and the password on your phone. Its a pain but if you're worried about someone reading your stuff, this will keep it safe. In the end, if you lose your phone or its stolen, theres a good chance you'll never see it again so backup often.

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

In the end the cops are no help on this kind of stuff, all they do is make a report, they even tell you they won't do anything cuz " there is more important crimes out there". protect and serve my @$$! best security in the end is content protection, with pasword, regular backups and a lost or stolen plan add on through your carrier.

But if nothing else with this software you could always hunt the guy down and always engage in some vigilante justice lol ;-)
    Blackberryman with get my revenge lmao!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    2161A8BC

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin View Post
    In the end the cops are no help on this kind of stuff, all they do is make a report, they even tell you they won't do anything cuz " there is more important crimes out there". protect and serve my @$$! ~
    This is exactly how some officers (like myself) get a bad name. Making blanket accusations about a certain profession on this board is not productive. As a detective in a larger Metro area I can tell you that a lot of emphasis on many cell phone reports is not given higher priority because many are under this type of scenario: "Umm, I lost my cell phone and AT&T told me to come file a report so I can collect on my insurance." I can tell you that if I take a report on a cell phone (or any other thing for that matter) and have some sort of lead to follow up on, I will investigate the matter. If you subscribed to a sevice like the OP is talking about, that would be of great help to the police in an investigation.

Mike
    Follow me on Twitter

Cool Smartphone User Guy

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    This is exactly how some officers (like myself) get a bad name. Making blanket accusations about a certain profession on this board is not productive. As a detective in a larger Metro area I can tell you that a lot of emphasis on many cell phone reports is not given higher priority because many are under this type of scenario: "Umm, I lost my cell phone and AT&T told me to come file a report so I can collect on my insurance." I can tell you that if I take a report on a cell phone (or any other thing for that matter) and have some sort of lead to follow up on, I will investigate the matter. If you subscribed to a sevice like the OP is talking about, that would be of great help to the police in an investigation.

Mike
    Um yeah, I still stand by what I said because I have had my phone stolen and even knew who stole it and where it was and told this to the cops, which btw I was there to get them to do something, NOT for phone insurance, cuz I didn't have any then. And they told me that they never follow up on that and that was the reason. So it may be different where you live but that's the hard truth where I live.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

EDIT: Believe me if you really are the way you say you are then I am thankful that there are some cops out there that still believe in what they do, and have real commitment.
    Last edited by RemyKirin; 01-11-2008 at 03:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast