Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by N8DBB I hope that the 8700B part is a joke... If it ... Smartphone News forum

bcuzi8paintchips no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Pharrell Williams w/ his 18-karat Gold Blackberry 8700b

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I hope that the 8700B part is a joke...

If it is not, and I am totally serious about this, then I will consider dropping Blackberry like a hot piece of coal...

That is just plain ridiculous...and if RIM goes ghetto, I am out...
    I thought I hit quote but hit edit. I said I'm with you N8!

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

Ghetto....Completely Ghetto...I lose total respect for people that do stupid things with their devices...and Pharrell, come on, who is he really? A nobody...In 5 years he will be like a Montell Jordan or Skee-Lo? Who? Yeah, my point exactly...If you want a "celebrity" from the hip hop world to endorse a product such as a Blackberry (Which will probably never happen anyways), then you need to choose someone with a proven track record that does more than just responds to the puppet strings that the labels are pulling.

My choice if RIM ever does want to pick a hiphop star to endorse the line? Jay Z and/or Damon Dash. Not everyone may like the music, however they have a proven track record as a business men:
    Music, movies, video games, clothing lines, video games, drink line and co-owners of a professional sports team (New Jersey Nets). The Rocafella organization is a MULTI-MILLION dollar a year company ($400million+) (Let me edit this line...after research I am correcting myself...The Rocafella organization nets over $1billion a year)

Also, Jay Z doesn't do dumb things (anymore) like pimp out his Blackberry (Yes, Jay Z is a Blackberry user, and it is almost as plain as they come).

I am kind of going off on a rant here, but these young kids nowadays see crap like this on TV and believe its all true...No, thats not their houses or cars on MTV Cribs...No, thats not their jewelry...I just wish that MTV would go back to the basics and actually make it MUSIC TELEVISION again rather than trying to brainwash people with material things and not even being honest about that.

Ok, my rant, sorry...On to other things.
    lol - calm down. Seriously though you can't really go off on these guys for what they do or what he did to his bb. It's just his way of being unique. you see it all the time that's these entertainers/stars can pretty much afford anything they want. So the just want to be different. To seperate themselves from the rest. So I give Pharrell a thumbs up for being the 1st. No telling what I would do if I could afford it - lmao. All diamonds maybe - lmao

CelebrityBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF7E45

Check out tons of pictures of celebrities with their blackberry's on my site!!!

www.celebrityblackberry.com
    S. Silverman

FEEL FREE TO PIN ME:
    23DF7E45

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Ok, I don't listen to country music (which is kind of ironic because I now live in Nashville). Not from here. Anyways, this reminds me of a country song that I once heard that I thought was absolutely hilarious and true...

Someday I'm gonna be famous
    Do I have talent well no
    These days you don’t really need it
    Thanks to reality shows
    Can't wait to date a supermodel
    Can’t wait to sue my dad
    Can't wait to wreck a Ferrari
    On my way to Rehab

Cause when you’re a celebrity
    It’s adios reality
    You can act just like a fool
    And people think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    I can throw major fits
    When my latte isn't just how I like it
    They say I've gone insane
    I'll blame it on the fame
    And the pressures that go with....
    Being a Celebrity

I'll get to cry to Barbara Walters
    When things don't go my way
    I'll get community service
    No matter which law I break
    I'll make the supermarket tabloids
    They’ll write some awful stuff
    But the more they run my name down
    The more my price goes up!

It’s adios reality
    No matter what you do
    People think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    I can fall in and out of love
    Have marriages that barely last a month
    When they go down the drain
    And say it's just so tough...
    Being a Celebrity

So let’s hitch up the wagons
    And head out West
    To the land of fun in the sun
    We’ll be a real world bachelor
    Jackass Millionaires hey hey Hollywood
    Here we come!

Yeah when you're a Celebrity
    It’s adios reality
    No matter what you do
    People think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    Being a Celebrity...
    Yeah Celebrity!

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

ABSOLUTELY true. Great song.

CelebrityBB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF7E45

Ok, I don't listen to country music (which is kind of ironic because I now live in Nashville). Not from here. Anyways, this reminds me of a country song that I once heard that I thought was absolutely hilarious and true...

Someday I'm gonna be famous
    Do I have talent well no
    These days you don’t really need it
    Thanks to reality shows
    Can't wait to date a supermodel
    Can’t wait to sue my dad
    Can't wait to wreck a Ferrari
    On my way to Rehab

It’s adios reality
    You can act just like a fool
    And people think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    I can throw major fits
    When my latte isn't just how I like it
    They say I've gone insane
    And the pressures that go with....
    Being a Celebrity

I'll get to cry to Barbara Walters
    When things don't go my way
    I'll get community service
    No matter which law I break
    I'll make the supermarket tabloids
    They’ll write some awful stuff
    But the more they run my name down
    The more my price goes up!

It’s adios reality
    No matter what you do
    People think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    I can fall in and out of love
    Have marriages that barely last a month
    When they go down the drain
    And say it's just so tough...
    Being a Celebrity

So let’s hitch up the wagons
    And head out West
    To the land of fun in the sun
    We’ll be a real world bachelor
    Jackass Millionaires hey hey Hollywood
    Here we come!

Yeah when you're a Celebrity
    It’s adios reality
    No matter what you do
    People think you’re cool
    Just cause your on T.V.
    Being a Celebrity...
    Yeah Celebrity!
    which song is this?
    S. Silverman

FEEL FREE TO PIN ME:
    23DF7E45

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Dunno...some country song I heard on the radio once...Its called Celebrity but don't know who sings it..

naibor no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    318FD2AF

Quote Originally Posted by twistone
    You see there is a common misconception of what ghetto is since Paris Hilton has made it a coined phrase. Treach from NaughtyByNature said it best "
    If you aint never been to the Ghetto don't come to the Ghetto cuzz you wouldn't understand the Ghetto". I have this question is it ghetto to refurbish your house when you want it to look nicer? Is it ghetto to want your kids to have the best clothes so they can look better(clothing wise)? Is it ghetto to put rims or an expensive radio system in your car? I don't think so. The ghetto is the slums not a golden blackberry, if they came in gold I can almost guarantee more then half of the people on pinstack would have one. I apoligize for being so blunt but I come from the ghetto and its not a place that you want to stay so when people use the word so loosely it pushes my buttons. Flashy is flashy regardless how a person flashes that doesn't mean its ghetto. Words are powerful and can be taking the wrong way that's why you have to watch what you say.remember its about what you like not the next man/woman. Peace ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    well said.....

b_hampton no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I agree, thank you Twistone, cause N8DBB was killing me when he said "Ghetto", because he dont even know what he's talking about when he uses that word.And seeing as to how he's in what??? NASHVILLE, he doesnt know what he's talking about. when it comes to that and him talking about Pharrell. Pharrell is not a nobody, all the little white kids know who he is and thats what matters when it comes to sales. Now i dont know how old N8DBB is, he just sounds like a hater to me, but just because you dont understand the money doesn't mean you have to hate it. he may be a nobody to you (and who are u anyway??? but he's making that "nobody" money 1000 times over with all that he's getting involved in.

Lets keep the talk to stuff we are knowledgeable about, this is a blackberry forum, so i think thats that....
    i know N8DBB that your a Pinstack Pro and whatnot, but that about it

PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by b_hampton
    And seeing as to how he's in what??? NASHVILLE, he doesnt know what he's talking about.
    You know, I could really comment on this, however considering the fact that it wouldn't be professional, I shall keep those comments to myself. For your information, I live in Nashville, I am not from here. Born and raised in Chicago.

It's really not a smart thing for you to do to come here and try and insult me especially with your first post. As for who I am and what I do, feel free to ask me (You see my Pin and email) if you really must know.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Please lets not have this thread lead down the wrong road. All it takes is one reply each time and it escalates. This thread will be closed next...

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hydn
    Please lets not have this thread lead down the wrong road. All it takes is one reply each time and it escalates. This thread will be closed next...
    I think it should be closed. It's just not a professional subject, even for a Rumors & News thread. I don't even want to comment on a gold blackberry. I have other, more interesting, threads to read and help with...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Come on guys, we are all entitled to our own opinions, but we need to keep them with due respect to other stackers.

I think this was a great thread, good idea, and I enjoyed reading everyone elses opinions.

Forums are to educate people, not just about BlackBerry's, but about everything. I do not watch tv so I would never have know about Pharell's gold BlackBerry. I think it is awesome, I really want one in Platinum, and if I had the money I would do it.

Each of us love our BlackBerry's, and we would do anything to them. Some people spend more money on applications and ringers in their lifetime for their BlackBerry than Pharell spent on gold dipping his.

I think it makes people unique and if someone were to dip their BlackBerry in pink, purple, gold, chocolate, cinnamon, sprinkles, butter or even milk I dont care. Its all up to them, and it shows how creative the human mind can be.

Just my opinion!

cookie91398 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2082C541
    While I was in Florida I went into a T-Mobile store and saw a Dolce & Gabana Razor in gold. The head set, charger and case were all gold. It was the strangest thing i've ever seen.
    BOOYAA!!!

therev5275 no está en línea Stack level 1

I am ashamed of myself for reading all this about a gold plated Blackberry and whether or not Jay-z, Pharrell and whomever else was mentioned are real business men, the responsibility they have to the kids and their respective communities. Good Lord people its just a freaking phone!!!!

Ok, let the death threats come and the perma ban from the stacks... Ah, who am I kidding... I love watching a train wreck just as much as the next guy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast