Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Above, a pic of Pharrell with his 18-karat Gold Blackberry 8700b discussed in our forums ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Pharrell Williams w/ his 18-karat Gold Blackberry 8700b

Advertisement

Above, a pic of Pharrell with his 18-karat Gold Blackberry 8700b discussed in our forums yesterday.

(Source - tmz.com / screen capture)

ENY428 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

Re: Pharrell Williams w/ his 18-karat Gold Blackberry 8700b

Haven't heard he's a new spokesperson for RIM. But he is designing jewlery and eye glasses for Louis Vuitton brand.(excuse my spelling not fortunate enough to afford it. LOL) Also eye glasses for marc jacobs.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I hope that the 8700B part is a joke...

If it is not, and I am totally serious about this, then I will consider dropping Blackberry like a hot piece of coal...

That is just plain ridiculous...and if RIM goes ghetto, I am out...
    Last edited by bcuzi8paintchips; 07-29-2006 at 12:07 AM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Oh you have to be kidding. "B" for bling. Im with N8 on this one. Thats just to much!

PIN/ID

See thats how rumors start. There is no truth to there being a 8700B. Maybe among celebrities that can afford to put australian crystals on there sidekicks(Paris Hilton). Is her's considered "Ghetto" or "Customized"?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

It think it's time enough that it gets out just how many celebs use BB and a VERY large percentage like it or not are the hip-hop stars, Pharrell, Jayz, puff, Beyonce etc. 8700b or not anything gold is either one of a kind or special order.

PIN/ID

I think its one of akind. They all like to stand out. Hence the jewelry and cars. Do you think RIM will notice most of young users and actually make it more commercial instead of buisness?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by ENY428
    Is her's considered "Ghetto" or "Customized"?
    Ghetto....Completely Ghetto...I lose total respect for people that do stupid things with their devices...and Pharrell, come on, who is he really? A nobody...In 5 years he will be like a Montell Jordan or Skee-Lo? Who? Yeah, my point exactly...If you want a "celebrity" from the hip hop world to endorse a product such as a Blackberry (Which will probably never happen anyways), then you need to choose someone with a proven track record that does more than just responds to the puppet strings that the labels are pulling.

My choice if RIM ever does want to pick a hiphop star to endorse the line? Jay Z and/or Damon Dash. Not everyone may like the music, however they have a proven track record as a business men:
    Music, movies, video games, clothing lines, video games, drink line and co-owners of a professional sports team (New Jersey Nets). The Rocafella organization is a MULTI-MILLION dollar a year company ($400million+) (Let me edit this line...after research I am correcting myself...The Rocafella organization nets over $1billion a year)

Also, Jay Z doesn't do dumb things (anymore) like pimp out his Blackberry (Yes, Jay Z is a Blackberry user, and it is almost as plain as they come).

I am kind of going off on a rant here, but these young kids nowadays see crap like this on TV and believe its all true...No, thats not their houses or cars on MTV Cribs...No, thats not their jewelry...I just wish that MTV would go back to the basics and actually make it MUSIC TELEVISION again rather than trying to brainwash people with material things and not even being honest about that.

Ok, my rant, sorry...On to other things.
    Last edited by N8DBB; 07-27-2006 at 04:09 PM.

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Wow! Did we hit a nerve N8? Lol! I have to agree with you to a point. Pharrell is not a nobody. He is the man behind a lot of music stars. And he is also releasing his own CD soon. He is a very talented writer and choreagrapher. But I do agree on the stupidity of waisting money like that. Even if it is his money. I feel once you reach a certain level of wealth, you have duty and obligation to spread it around. And what I mean by that is, help out your community. Do something charitable with all that excess wealth.

Just throwing my stone in the water.

PIN/ID

I agree to an extent. These kids do have it twisted. But pharell will not be a has been . He has a charity called the BBC. A clothing label. He is the FIRST to design jewelry for a major HIGH END clothing company and owns a chain pf fast food restaurants in VA. As far as jay or dame endorsing BB's. There great buisness men. Im worried about dropping my BB and messing up the screen imagine having to count your crystals when you pick it up. LOL>

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

I may have posted this before, but I'll do it again: WHY?

jubilee13 no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think what's unique about the hip hop gen is customization. Whether its theme ringtone or case its about customizing. But as to pharrell, he's been around since the early 90's when his production partner aka the neptunes wrote music for blackstreet. He's actually been around in music longer than Jay-Z and Damon Dash. He created Jay-Z's hits. So he definately has staying power.

Akrenim no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~these guys may do a lot business wise but they have an obligation to communities as well as the youth that look up to them! And a lot of these things they do for fashion, causes kids to try and immulate their idol. Now the problem is what are they going to do to get it? We place a demand on them to try and acheive a status not worth acheiving! Just my thoughts!

PIN/ID

Yes thats true Akrenim(clever username). No children now-a-days want to be doctors or teachers. They all want to be in some kind of sports league or in the music industry.

eggman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I wonder how much that was?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast