Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When I read this PCWorld Article I could not help but say "Really?","Really?".... is this ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

PCWorld ranks AT&T tops in 3G performance test

Advertisement

When I read this PCWorld Article I could not help but say "Really?","Really?".... is this true AT&T has the fastest Mobile Network?
    We all know competition is good and one of the many things it does is force the company to give the consumer better products or service out of fear of losing customers. I really hope to see AT&T repair their image in 2010 because they have taken a beating (for good reason).

AT&T says it has worked hard to improve its much-maligned 3G network over the last eight months--erecting hundreds of new cell towers, using better-performing wireless spectrum, and souping up its cell sites across the country--and the results of our latest 13-city 3G network performance tests suggest that the network has indeed undergone a drastic makeover.

Below are the Charts posted by PCWorld, Click on the attachments to see a larger view.

Full PCWorld Article
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-23-2010 at 01:42 PM.

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Well then!! Hmmmmm, good info, thanks srl

jag257 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Learn something new everyday. thanks for the post SRL now some trash talk to some co-workers.
    JAG257
    iPhone4
    " Losers try their best, WINNERS do what ever it takes"

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Hells yeah! Lol.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

Ya but what about other cities like Memphis or little rock fort worth etc. I do have to say that when I compare the evo network to not even 3g on AT&T edge, the verizon out here is only maybe 3 seconds faster than edge. More 3g coverage my *** cause verizon 3g is only slightly faster than edge! Lmao. Plus who doesn't want a sim card so you can switch phones at leisure. But I do have one question. I noticed that the verizon blackberrys have a sim in the back with verizon wrote on it. Anyone know if you can slip em in blackberry?? P.s. God I love my iPhone!!! Already jailbroke and unlocked!!
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    One thing I feel so many people forget about is that AT&T's 3G allows us to use Voice and Data at the same time. Verizon does not do that. That is a nice feature to have on any smart phone. I remember when I first purchased the original 9000 Bold and began using it on AT&T's network. It was nice to be on the phone and still receive txt or email.

I'm not sure about the V SIM car question? I would think yes you can but don't know 4 sure?

Does my 3_1 really matter compared to 3_1.2? plus it's jailbroke already is that more problems?? I tryed to upgrade first but it only gavee the option for 3_1.3 WTD? Someone I need advice on the proper way to keep it unlocked and jailbroken and upgrade os.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C144 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoesbb View Post
    Does my 3_1 really matter compared to 3_1.2? plus it's jailbroke already is that more problems?? I tryed to upgrade first but it only gavee the option for 3_1.3 WTD? Someone I need advice on the proper way to keep it unlocked and jailbroken and upgrade os.
    Try here but in short I always say if it's not broken don't fix it. So unless the upgrade has something you need to bother to upgrade it. If your not getting something out of it there is no need to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    Try here but in short I always say if it's not broken don't fix it. So unless the upgrade has something you need to bother to upgrade it. If your not getting something out of it there is no need to upgrade.
    . Are there any somethings on the upgrade? Idk. Oh and thank you so much for the info.

PIN/ID
    Retired
    On the last update. No nothing worth upgrading for. Improved battery life reporting. ie:getting people to upgrade and have to Jail Break again for no reason.

drdoom23 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I always knew they did,its funny because I had both att and vzw and here in denver att's edge is as fast as vzw's 3G. Again its all in a matter of opinion on which carrier u choose I just think vzw's misconception and misrepresention of their 3G network is wrong because they are not true 3g

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    ^^ Marketing goes a long way, and so many people buy into the hype of the commercials Verizon puts out. And to think AT&T is not even done with their improvements.

This and the reports that AT&T will be getting the HTS Desire (att's version of the nexus 1 with HTC's sense UI) is some pretty awesome news.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I tried my friends VW Curve today and I have to say that the 3G on it was super slow. TMO's edge is faster. Lol, I could hardly use her BB after having the iPhone
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    ^^ Marketing goes a long way, and so many people buy into the hype of the commercials Verizon puts out. And to think AT&T is not even done with their improvements.

This and the reports that AT&T will be getting the HTS Desire (att's version of the nexus 1 with HTC's sense UI) is some pretty awesome news.
    Yes, it really is great news. I can't wait.

evancomer no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    30FFB409
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    One thing I feel so many people forget about is that AT&T's 3G allows us to use Voice and Data at the same time. Verizon does not do that. That is a nice feature to have on any smart phone. I remember when I first purchased the original 9000 Bold and began using it on AT&T's network. It was nice to be on the phone and still receive txt or email.

I'm not sure about the V SIM car question? I would think yes you can but don't know 4 sure?

The SIM card is for international use, not domestic. But in most cases the phone can be unlocked to be used on other networks (sans 3G). The SIM card is only available in certain devices (Storm, Storm 2, Tour). As for simultaneous voice and data, that would not affect texting. You will still receive texts while on a phone call. Besides, simultaneous voice and data is the cause of all of AT&T's recent network problems. I remember when I had an iPhone 3G and had problems hearing the caller. Apple said to turn off 3G on my phone because the network couldn't handle it. I haven't had Verizon or RIM tell me anything silly like that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast