PCWorld posted it's picks for the 10 best smart phones available right now. I'm always ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

PCWorld Lists It's 10 Best Smart Phones: 8120 Pearl At The Top

Advertisement

PCWorld posted it's picks for the 10 best smart phones available right now. I'm always interested in the devices chosen and why they were positioned where they are in the list. As a BlackBerry user I was glad to see four different BlackBerry models in the list, but somewhat surprised at the 8120 Pearl being chosen as number one.

via PCWorld

"Today's best phones do a lot more than make calls. Have a look at our picks for the 10 best smart phones available today."

Read more here.

So what are your opinions on the list? Sound off!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Wow, pretty sure Curve would have been number one, but four in the top ten is pretty awesome!

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Four BB's on the list isn't bad at all. What does surprise me is that six of those phones are provided by TMO.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 03-16-2009 at 11:54 AM.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I'm a little surprised at the 8120 being #1 too but, for the short time I had one of these I was TOTALLY impressed with it. I think the small size of it combined with all the capabilities is what does it for me. It's a great little device IMO!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I cant believe they picked a non gps version lol
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would have chosen the curve, but its good to see all the other phones make the list.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Of course the pearl is number one. Remember the pearl was the beginning of the new style of blackberries.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'm a little surprised at the 8120 being #1 too but, for the short time I had one of these I was TOTALLY impressed with it. I think the small size of it combined with all the capabilities is what does it for me. It's a great little device IMO!

Now you all know why I am so in love with my 8120 BB Pearl!!!!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have a curve but have always liked the smaller size of the pearl. Maybe one of these days.

hardxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319de751
    I have a pearl via verizon.

I cant fault blackberry for crippling gps in the pearl. That is verizons game.

Once rim upgraded the OS last year the pearl has worked flawlessly and the small size is really the game changer as opposed to the curve. I can handle the double tap for e-mails texting and alike over the suretype anticpation program. The lil guy is durable too. I wouldn't drop it off a 3 story building but I have dropped it pulling it out of my coat pocket and the pearl is no worse for wear.

My 1 year anniversary is coming up in june with the pearl. Verizon will let me upgrade on any sale priced bb in june. I was thinking about possibly the storm but I am thinking I'll wait and see what other surprises are out there in BB land. I envision a treo pre counterpart coming out by next year.

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    well does their list go by sales, or how customers rate their phones? thats the only question i have

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    well does their list go by sales, or how customers rate their phones? thats the only question i have
    It seems to be a love or hate with these 8120 BB. Personally it is the best BB I have owned yet put of 7. Maybe it is a carrier issue, I just know with my experience it has bee the best one I have owned(of 7)
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

BradBlick no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304F1CE0
    sheesh everyone hates on the storm... i personally think typing on an iphone is HORRIBLE compared to typing on a storm
    «BlackBerry: Storm 9530»