Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The hotly anticipated BlackBerry Bold is finally here and we're extremely impressed. RIM's latest device ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

PC World Reviews Blackberry Bold

Advertisement

The hotly anticipated BlackBerry Bold is finally here and we're extremely impressed. RIM's latest device aims to end the idea that BlackBerrys are only for corporate users. To this end it offers a stunning display, a redesigned interface and a wealth of multimedia features.

The Bold has been completely redesigned. Despite not possessing a touch-screen display, there are some minimal similarities to Apple's iPhone 3G. The silver edging surrounding the Bold bears an uncanny resemblance to the iPhone, as does the flat nature of the display and curved rear. We aren't a fan of the leather-style battery cover — which looks like something out of the late '90s — but the rest of the handset looks stylish and appealing, making it the most attractive BlackBerry yet.

The differences between the Bold and the iPhone are key ones. The Bold uses a trackball for the majority of navigation and a physical QWERTY keyboard for data entry, RIM having resisted the temptation of a touch screen. For corporate users and others who require the device for heavy text entry, this is welcome news. The trackball is the same as previous BlackBerry models — our only complaint is that it could have been a little larger considering the size of the Bold itself.

[read more]

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanks Cherri! Excellent review from some very competent folks. Should be noted that back in April it was either PCWorld or PCMagazine, I forget which, that rated Curve #1 pda, Pearl #1 cell in it's reviews.
    Judging by this review of the Bold, RIM will continue to be at the top, and with os progression incorporating ever more "consumer" features, Blackberry will remain preeminent in the smartphone arena

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Great review cherrichiodo... I can not wait to get mine. My Boss already knows whatever day it comes out I will be late to work or not show up..... He knows that I am a Crackberry @ddict...... My Boss already stated that if there was a rehab to send me to, he would..... I told him who is going to trouble shoot the Crackberry's while I am in rehab???? hhhmmmmmmmmm, NO ONE!!!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

joeybuckets123 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Can't wait for the Bold!!!!!

Marc_SE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    How can the NEW Bold have been completely redesigned? ;-)
    Handsets: 8310 (T-Mob), iPhone (Voda), Nokia N95 8GB & SE C902 (T-Mob)
    Based: London, UK

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Can't wait for My Bold either!

~via 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    wow...I can't wait to OWN one....but I too was kinda turned off by the leather backing....kinda old school ghettoish look

The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    wow...I can't wait to OWN one....but I too was kinda turned off by the leather backing....kinda old school ghettoish look

You're right...Very ghettoish. It kinda makes me bob my head and snap mah fingas and say "Ah hell no!" lol kinda looks like the back of the sidekick. that thing's gonna get damaged real soon after a month.

StarMile no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    You're right...Very ghettoish. It kinda makes me bob my head and snap mah fingas and say "Ah hell no!" lol kinda looks like the back of the sidekick. that thing's gonna get damaged real soon after a month.
    I kind of like it, it'll probably look better banged up than the plastic back of my Curve does now. Am I correct in assuming this is "pleather" and not actual leather? Actual leather might hold up pretty well... OK, on reading the article I see it says leather like, guess that answers my question.
    Last edited by StarMile; 08-07-2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Answered my own question. ;)

BLUSLS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask

No offense to anyone, but can we please another word besides "ghetto" to describe something?

Unless you grew up in the ghetto, how do you know or understand what the word means.

Just a thought. I am going to wait for the Thunder, the bold is nice and has nice features, but I want to try out the touch screen on that phone badly.

brooklynhype no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2469fda8
    You know after a while the covers for bb always scratch up and look old quick. With that said I have always purchased the skin that covers just about everything. This could could be the first bb that would not require an aftermarket protection and something you could be comfortable with just putting in a pouch and using as is. In my opinion this is a long time coming. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bayzbol44 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Maybe they have the leather to avoid all the scratches most people see?

Is it me or is this screen smaller than the Curve? Seems a bit narrow.

Marc_SE no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    I'll be getting some of the battery covers in other colours to go with my Bold.
    Handsets: 8310 (T-Mob), iPhone (Voda), Nokia N95 8GB & SE C902 (T-Mob)
    Based: London, UK

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Yupppppp I'll Be Gettin My New Toy When It Comes Out!!! Att Please Please Do Work!!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    AMEN to that, I am saving the bucs for it as we speak. Not hesitation on the purchase.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast