Pandora, one of the best streaming radio apps out there for mobile devices received a ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Pandora For BlackBerry Updated

Advertisement

Pandora, one of the best streaming radio apps out there for mobile devices received a welcomed update yesterday. Officially updated to 1.1.2, the new version corrects a bug that has been lamenting BlackBerry users running the 5.0 OS. In the previous versions, the songs would stop approximately 15-20 seconds before the end and you have to actually pause and un-pause the song in order to continue playback. Pandora's developers attributed this to a change in the 5.0 software that affected the pre-buffering of the next song.

If you're not familiar with Pandora, you can check out the official site at Pandora.com to experience their music streaming service. Available on your PC, BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, Pre, and Windows Mobile device, the service (free by the way) allows you to build custom radio stations based on genre or artist. Into country? Type in Alan Jackson and sit back while Pandora designs a radio station around Alan and other similar artists. Like any technology, it can't take into account human preference on it's own and that's why you have the ability to give the thumbs up or thumbs down to a particular song or artist if it just doesn't fit what you think should be on that station. Giving you control over what you want to hear and helping Pandora make better selections.

The software is ad-supported, but not in your face and obtrusive to the listening experience. If you really love the service and want to support it, there is a paid version that is $36 a year and eliminates the ads. Well worth the download and I can say from personal experience that the audio quality is great streaming over the regular data network. No 3G in my area and I rarely have breaks in the songs while it buffers. Got a smartphone and no data plan? Not a problem. Pandora also supports Wi-Fi streaming.

So check out the app and for those running 5.0 and loathing the pause/un-pause bug, go grab the newest version here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

poorsha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21D05AA7
    I was not able to find the Pandora update. The link and anything else I tried would only download 1.1.1. Any suggestions?
    Go Red Sox!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    ooooh! 1.1.2 nice! I'm always on top of this thing. I'm slacking. You beat me to it MStrawder . Great find. You get kudos for it
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by poorsha View Post
    I was not able to find the Pandora update. The link and anything else I tried would only download 1.1.1. Any suggestions?
    Do you have a device running OS 5.0? The update may only appear for them....
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

poorsha no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    21D05AA7
    Good point aztar! I am running 4.5 on my 8320 so that may be the reason. Thanks for your quick reply.
    Go Red Sox!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    This new version WILL NOT WORK on our antiquated and prehistoric devices running old OS's. So, BEWARE! Lucky guinea pigs running 5.0..sigh Gotta wait for the official release of 5.0 here
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

cgaliffi no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22D95A46
    Thanks-that was an annoying bug. Seems to be working fine so far.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    good to know
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Nice. More of a reason for me to upgrade to 5.0. I normally don't like to pay for many things however more and more I am wanting to get the paid Pandora account to support such a great service.

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Works like a charm, man I'm glad that's fixed that was getting very annoying

rush420 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I got my update from the app itself and I'm using the 8320
    I don't see how someone can say they can't find the update
    Pandora is every where I don't think I've visted a store that didn't have pandora.