Best Buy is currently offering the Pre for a mere $99 with a 2-year contract. ... Smartphone News forum

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Palm Pre For $99?

Advertisement

Best Buy is currently offering the Pre for a mere $99 with a 2-year contract. After only about a month on the market, the price of the device has dropped over $100 and only about 3 days after Sprint CEO Dan Hesse was quoted as saying, "it's too early to tell" if the Pre is a hit. A lot of speculation on the price drop, but whether it's to boost sales or compete with the recent iPhone pricing, I can't see any reason not to snatch one up at this price if you've been thinking about it.

The full article posted here.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I just called my local BB and they said that it was a price error and was fixed now at $199 w/2 year agreement
    BlackBerry8220/4.6.0.267 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Ahh. I had called mine and the guy said they were on the shelf for the $99, but I figured it wouldn't last long.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    How to upgrade your OS

Well I called another one and they said yes they were. So I called back the first store and they said sorry, but they must not have changed it yet. Who knows, call your store and find out. You may still be able to get the deal.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Hehe, yeah. I mean, if they have it advertised for that price, they have to honor it.
    How to upgrade your OS

Wish I had a Sprint account and $100 bucks. That's a great deal!

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    I can't imagine what those who just purchased it in the last month are thinking? WoW

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by srl7741 View Post
    I can't imagine what those who just purchased it in the last month are thinking? WoW
    Same thing I thought when I bought a PS2 years ago for $400 and 32 days later they dropped to $200 and CC wouldn't refund the difference since it was outside the 30 day limit.
    How to upgrade your OS

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Engadget has confirmed that it is an error..would love to know how many/if any got it at the $99 price....hmm
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

I read the comments from the link in the first post and a lot of them got BB to give them a price adjustment.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hubby wasn't too thrilled to see the first BGR tweet about the price drop (he got the phone the day it was released), but then he soon found out it was an error. Whoever saw this and decided to get the phone due to the price, I hope they got the error price and not some bs story.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by goldengirl75 View Post
    Hubby wasn't too thrilled to see the first BGR tweet about the price drop (he got the phone the day it was released), but then he soon found out it was an error. Whoever saw this and decided to get the phone due to the price, I hope they got the error price and not some bs story.
    I'm agreeing with a lot of the reports I've read that BB jumped the gun on a pre-planned sale of the device. It was a nationwide pricing, complete with sale tags and all and NO ONE managed to catch this before it deployed to the stores?
    How to upgrade your OS