Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ok. There are a few problems I've noticed. When I try to view a video ... Smartphone News forum

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional

Advertisement

Ok. There are a few problems I've noticed. When I try to view a video from youtube, it says I need the flash player. I also use bolt, youtube just reverts to my onboard media player to view. Myspace doesn't work when you try to play the apps. Bolt does.

Besides that, I really like it. Very smooth, and the tabbed browsing :O awesome. It can still use some work tho.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    woo. i was just about to install beta 5.0 until i read the comments where it might brick your phone. haha. and im about to go class too so i'm not going to be able to live without my BB for a couple of hours. Thanks for the information. ill wait til it final.

kparker8900 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    No way to customize the speedial page, at least haven't found a way to delete an the ones already there.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.190 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1
    To customize the speed dial shortcuts highlight the one you want to delete or edit and click and hold the track ball. After about 3 seconds or so a menu pops up letting you either clear it or edit the page. The UI is deffinately nice, but the browser itself is slow and laggy, I also noticed that you can not stream videos(ie. Youtube doesn't work in opera). Lot's of bugs to still work out before I permanetely switch from BB browser.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    I ended up deleting it....it works nice just for browsing...but the other issues made it impractical to actually use.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Turned off the in-line editing feature and the delete spams seem to have stopped. I can also hit enter to insert a break. Scrolling is still a bit laggy, but I'm really getting a feel for this browser and liking it.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Double post. However, I tried what KParker said about holding the trackball in for a few seconds and this brings up menus for copy/paste and text selection, so nice find.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    wth? Where have I been. Opera is the THE BROWSER for all bb's. I have to definitely check this beta version. I've used opera eversince I got my bb and not one issue with it. Thanks so much for the info Props to ya
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    How can I get the cursor off the screen. I hate the cursor on the bb browser and I'm hating it on the beta opera 5

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    No more column view?

eduardog21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215C7A2A
    The whole editing speed dial and extra menus can also be done by pressing 1 when cursor is on item. 4.2 used 1 to open images and now Opera Mini 5 adds more to that shortcut. I find it easier to press 1 instead of holding the trackball for 3 seconds since I'm impatient and my trackball sometimes moves when clicking. Love the new look, feel, and optimizations. Can't wait for the final version.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

ur561ad no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just dloaded it on my 8330. Looks awesome. First thing I did was make a pinstack shortcut. Then I tried to dload a theme. It acted like it was loading to the dload site but nothing happened. Tried to dload the theme on previous opera and it worked fine. So! Still has kinks but I'm gonna keep playin with it and see if I like it.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/960; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    I installed it yesterday and it is working pretty good for me. It is a great improvement over the previous version. Worth a try if you can get it to install.

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Opera Mini makes itself Default Browser

I just noticed the something... can some others with OM 5 confirm this?
    (I'm using Bold: 4.6.0.301)
    Just installed Opera Mini 5

Try this...
    1. open a message (for example) that contains a link.
    2. press the menu (BB) button.
    3. at the top of the menu list is "Open in Opera Mini"
    (this obviously does what it says it does)
    4. press the back/escape button (to clear the menu)
    5. click on the link with trackball
    6. violla - there goes opera mini opening the link...

From what I can see, there is no option (from the link, menu etc) to open the link in the native browser...

Any feedback..??
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok. I'm tired of it now. The UI and the touch interface are awesome. But when an app starts taking priority over the bb browser, its time to go. I could open anything in my emails through my bb browser. So it had to go. Maybe when I can actually do everything I do on my bb browser and the bolt browser on Opera, I'll give it another shot.
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I moved mikedoan's post (see post #43) from 3d party to this thread. He hadn't gotten a reply in a day and I thought one of you who have tried Opera 5 might be able to confirm his question. Anyone know?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast