I first spotted this on BGR , but according to Forbes , the source of ... Smartphone News forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Opera Deals with US Carriers, Announcement coming at CTIA

Advertisement

I first spotted this on BGR, but according to Forbes, the source of the news, Opera is skipping handset manufacturers and striking deals with carriers to get their mobile browser on more devices.

"Opera Software has had striking success getting more than 20 million people to download and use its eponymous mobile browser. It has added millions more users by convincing operators, including Europe-based Vodafoneand T-Mobile, to place its browsers on their phones. U.S. carriers, however, have been slower to sign on. That's set to change soon. The Oslo-based software firm tells Forbes that it plans to announce some big operator deals at the CTIA Wireless trade show in early April. An Opera spokesman declined to specify the carriers, but the company traditionally works only with large, "tier one" operators. In the U.S. that would include AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint Nextel and T-Mobile.

The breakthrough follows a strategy shift by Opera. The company has long allied itself with cellphone makers, placing its mobile browser on Nokia handsets as early as 2002. It currently has similar agreements with Samsung, HTC and Sony Ericsson."

Read More

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Interesting article. Opera's taking a different direction while looking for more market share and the competition is still in the wings. This will be another interesting story to watch as it develops.

Opera Turbo is in beta but not got BB yet, right?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    According to BGR it looks like Opera is not announcing anything yet...check it out!

Opera tells Forbes to calm down, no US carrier agreements at CTIA
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Haha, gotta love the rumors. Thanks for the update.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

lsu4lif3 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    really interesting i love opera software
    Never give up...you can always make a difference

vajrasattava no está en línea Stack level 1
    really interesting i love opera software

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by wahtx View Post
    According to BGR it looks like Opera is not announcing anything yet...check it out!

Opera tells Forbes to calm down, no US carrier agreements at CTIA
    Maybe they leaked it just to see what the reaction from the public would be. Maybe it's just wishful thinking by some of the carriers. It's not done until you see it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com