Solution Provides County Agencies With Optimized Emergency Communications and Delivers Everyday "Beyond Email" Enhancements SANTA ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Onset Technology's METAmessage Emergency Communications Chosen by Miami-Dade County

Advertisement

Solution Provides County Agencies With Optimized Emergency Communications and Delivers Everyday "Beyond Email" Enhancements

SANTA CRUZ, CA -- October 24, 2006 -- Onset Technology, a leading developer of beyond email applications for wireless handsets, announced today it is completing a 600-seat sale to Miami-Dade County in southern Florida. The county will implement a combination of METAmessage Emergency Communications and Professional features in order to ensure effective messaging in the event email infrastructure is lost and to maximize mobile workers' productivity. Onset's comprehensive "beyond email" solution is designed for users of the BlackBerry wireless platform from Research In Motion. -- Read More

mrnoname no está en línea Stacker

Re: Onset Technology's METAmessage Emergency Communications Chosen by Miami-Dade County

Really good find. Wonder if there is a way to expand on this to include your average John or Jane Doe. It would be a great way to warn people of impending dangers and hazards.

auroran no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Onset Technology's METAmessage Emergency Communications Chosen by Miami-Dade County

Conceptually I do like the idea, but to me I think the time I would need emergency communications would be when the telco network fails. Such a case could be either a direct telco incedent (fire in the central office) or indirect like the WTC on 2001. Without it's wireless link a blackberry isn't as useful, although things like 802.11 may be a help in this instance.