Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I think its obvious what's going on here. They realize the interest in the new ... Smartphone News forum

nickjoedotcom no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30C1D19D

Advertisement

I think its obvious what's going on here. They realize the interest in the new OS. So if your device is upgradeable you'll be in 4.5 heaven. And if your device isn't you can be notified by email when it is so you don't have to keep checking forums and such to find out.

Sadly this doesn't make the wait any easier.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    yogich ^^ its a windows installer added to the DM tools.

so once you have it installed on your PC, you go and click upgrade on the bb site and it will run thru all of the above. if you are running 4.2 on your device, it should pickup an update. let us know how it goes

Quote Originally Posted by nickjoedotcom View Post
    I think its obvious what's going on here. They realize the interest in the new OS. So if your device is upgradeable you'll be in 4.5 heaven. And if your device isn't you can be notified by email when it is so you don't have to keep checking forums and such to find out.

Sadly this doesn't make the wait any easier.

agreed... i also think that whatever 4.5 OS they are making avialable for this upgrade has probably been made public by a European carrier already ...

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2
    Save yourself a few minutes and go here to see if your device/carrier supports 4.5.

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/

As earlier stated, if you're running on AT&T, the site will tell you that it's not supported. I've been running 4.5 on AT&T for months, just fine, so they are apparently not ready to release it for their users.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogich View Post
    Curve, only, I presume...?
    Curve, Pearl, 8700 & 8800 Series is what I saw when on the website.

JoeyStyles no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2448ED5B
    If you are currently using the 4.5 OS is it worth doing the update

PIN/ID
    ATA
    Quote Originally Posted by slideaway View Post
    Save yourself a few minutes and go here to see if your device/carrier supports 4.5.

https://www.blackberry.com/hhupgrade/

As earlier stated, if you're running on AT&T, the site will tell you that it's not supported. I've been running 4.5 on AT&T for months, just fine, so they are apparently not ready to release it for their users.
    yes, until ATT releases 4.5 official on THEIR site, it will remain 'unsupported'

no worries, PinStack will support you

wahtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    I checked with one of my corporate AT&T contacts this morning...4.5 should be available on the 29th for download...
    WAHTX

“If GM had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1000 MPG!"

~Bill Gates~

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    Can anyone confirm if the update is available for the Curve on Sprint?

It seems like they just rolled out the 4.5 website update but not the O/S yet... maybe by tonight or early morning tomorrow end-users will be able to update?

PIN/ID
    ATA
    i could definately agree with that one ^^ i can't confirm bc all my devices are currently running 4.5

i'll hook up the 8120 tonight, but that's not "now"

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    Does this work for T-mobile customers I am running 4.5.0.52 on a 8820 Device, would this official upgrade benefit me in any way? are there ny new features that I am not getting not with this unofficial version ? any help would be appreciated... Thanks !
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

Quote Originally Posted by mrpringlez View Post
    Does this work for T-mobile customers I am running 4.5.0.52 on a 8820 Device, would this official upgrade benefit me in any way? are there ny new features that I am not getting not with this unofficial version ? any help would be appreciated... Thanks !

You most likely won't add any new features by doing the update but what you'll get is a much more tested O/S -- With most likely a few less bugs.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ATT needs to get it in gear. (Taps foot waiting on the 29th)
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    29th of September? October? or January? lol people never seem to stop teasing us poor souls who are still waiting for AT&T to release their 4.5 release. I'd say...they could have already released it but they're holding back because of their release of the 8320...those bastards! *shaking fist*

My expirences didn't go quite well with two of the 4.5 releases one from MTS Mobility and the second an internal beta (.77) I found a few different bugs which others were also able to duplicate so I eventually made the decision to use the latest release from Sprint (4.3) based on the fact that I couldn't afford to have any issues while on the road with my BlackBerry.

While I can't wait for the official 4.5 to be released I sure do hope it's a stable build and doesn't eventually get pulled within a few days.. and I'm hopeful that the rumors were true and Sprint also includes the updated MMS service books with the updated O/S as well.

hardxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319de751
    i tried to dl for my verizon pearl.. no go.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast