Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New BlackBerry Storm - Available Exclusively in the U.S. to Verizon Wireless Customers - Makes ... Smartphone News forum

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Official Verizon Storm Press Release

Advertisement

New BlackBerry Storm - Available Exclusively in the U.S. to Verizon Wireless Customers - Makes Globetrotting a Breeze

BASKING RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Whether traveling to Europe for an international conference or to Asia for a business meeting, the BlackBerry Storm from Verizon Wireless will give globetrotters the freedom of reliable global connectivity in a single, stylish handset. With the launch of the BlackBerry Storm, customers can use the world's first "clickable" touch-screen BlackBerry smartphone to connect to their offices and homes in more than 200 destinations for voice and more than 150 destinations for data worldwide. The BlackBerry Storm allows for roaming in South America and Japan and also provides 3G data speeds on select international networks, giving customers high-speed connectivity when they are abroad.

The Storm comes pre-installed with a SIM card, so customers who plan to travel abroad can activate global service at the time of purchase or by calling Verizon Wireless prior to leaving the U.S. For those who travel abroad frequently, the company's Global Value Plan offers discounted roaming charges on calls made to and from 130 countries for just $4.99 a month.

Verizon Wireless customers traveling for business or pleasure in both the U.S. and abroad can use GlobalEmail on their BlackBerry Storms to access corporate e-mail attachments as well as personal or POP3 e-mail accounts. Verizon Wireless' unlimited GlobalEmail Plan offers one flat-rate data pricing and covers Web browsing, picture messaging and Visual Voice Mail in the U.S. as well as overseas. Verizon Wireless' GlobalEmail Data Plans are available for $69.99 monthly access for a stand-alone data plan and $64.99 monthly access when added to any voice plan.

Business customers with five or more lines of service will be able to purchase a GlobalEmail Plan for their BlackBerry Storms by calling their Business Sales Representatives at 1-800-899-4249.

To learn more or register to be notified when the BlackBerry Storm is available, visit www.blackberry.com/storm or www.verizonwireless.com/storm. For more information on Verizon Wireless' international services, please visit www.verizonwireless.com/vzglobal.

[more info/storm site]

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Wow, nice avatar... Cherri, you've never looked more beautiful....

> and Back Off Stackers, it's just a bit of fun and a compliment...

uscandy no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well shoot! When I saw the headline I thought finally we were going to get a release date. I do appreciate the info though.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wow, nice avatar... Cherri, you've never looked more beautiful....

> and Back Off Stackers, it's just a bit of fun and a compliment...
    i think i'm now smitten with her
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    stop hi-jacking my thread! thanks guys

uscandy, still no "official" release date from verizon...maybe they learned from ATT not to mention release dates too early

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    So when the US release Date? What's the cost? Can Verizon answer that?
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

hardxx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    319de751
    Got something similar in an email yesterday since im on the list...

still no word on price but if you google verizon storm price .... no contract price seems to be hovering around $450-500 and 2 year NEW contract is 250-350 at least in the rumor mills.

It will be typical verizon... I use the voyager as last years example.

Released around thanksgiving with a 2 year price at 249 was half that price 6 months later on a 2 year deal.

Check out the retailers for the most aggressive prices... NOTE: Circuit City even though they are closing alot of stores dont expect aggressive prices there since the verizon kiosks there are actually true verizon stores in house.

Retailers to check:
    Best Buy
    Perhaps Walmart, radio shack etc....

Happy Storm Spotting!

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA
    This is what the Iphone pressure is... The Storm looks so amazing. Apple Iphone was a think out of the box device (with a lot room for improvements) that forced very cellphone maker to change their devices. For me the only thing that the storm needs is WiFi.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    For me the only thing that the storm needs is WiFi.
    i have never used wifi on my pearl. what are some of the reasons one would want to use wifi,other than not having a data plan?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    That's how she really looks? Besides the dress down.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I thought I was decided on the Bold, but the more I think about this, if this somehow makes it to ATT before the end of March (my next upgrade), I'm going to be seriously torn.

caustic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well guys, I go for formal Storm training on tuesday, if it's not been announced by then I will give all the heads up on the release date when I get back from class.
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I'm ready for the release..
    -Josh

joyaboveall no está en línea Stack level 1
    We're All ready for the release!

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Just release the phone already!!!!!