Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by moderncowboy Glad to get home and see you guys finally got some ... Smartphone News forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Glad to get home and see you guys finally got some love .. Also you can leave the card in and maybe get lucky but I have seen way to many people leave it in and pay for it later. My suggestion is take it out but thats up to you.
    I could not agree more, it's really easy to remove the card and you will have the peace of mind, knowing that you have just insured you have one less potential problem...

RIM ... what a great company!

Finally got a chance to do the upgrade on my 8310 and it went as smooth as silk.
    The process was flawless, had no problems (no surprise really) and my Curve OS is now current.

You gotta love it.
    A great RIM web site
    A great smartphone
    A great forum here at PinStack
    A vast amount of support !

And it all comes together for a great user experience!

At the end of the day, there are a lot of choices out there, but NOTHING beats a BlackBerry... NOTHING!

Cheers

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Archer, does this still have the Banner issue when accessing messages and SMS? I know 4.5.0.102 still has the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    Archer, does this still have the Banner issue when accessing messages and SMS? I know 4.5.0.102 still has the issue.
    Yes it does. After using my 8310 for 2 hrs I've reverted back to 4.2. I will wait for the next rev then try again.

Cheers
    Via BlackBerry Bold

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah...I upgraded

Same banner issue still...ugh.

I can't wait for the 8900 to come out...

Yes, you are going to really enjoy the 8900. I just saw my first one today and it's really outstanding!

Cheers
    Via BlackBerry Bold
    ~(wap.pinstack.com)~

dres79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24339b8e
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Upgraded. No issues. All apps still there. Haven't really noticed any difference.

gar_ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    246F733A
    Kudos to RIM. I've been through several upgrades and this one went smoother than most.
    I didn't even take the memory card out. So far it seems fine.....at least Flipside works as normal.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~is there really an advantage to upgrading your 8310 to 4.5? I kinda like what I have with 4.2.

neorabid no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    neorabid
    youtube, html email, browser that rox, docs to go, video camera, etc...

make the switch you wont regret it!
    Quotes to live by:
    • Inspiration is like a lost sock. When your searching you can never find it, and when it appears, you least expect it.
    • There are no exceptions to the rule that everybody likes to be an exception to the rule.
    • Ideas are the factors that lift civilization. They create revolutions. There is more dynamite in an idea than in many bombs.
    • Realize deeply that the present moment is all you ever have.

biloutkast no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just did the upgrade, ohh man. I'm loving this phone again.

Osco414 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Can I upgrade using handheld OTA...I won't be near a computer for a while?

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Osco414 View Post
    Can I upgrade using handheld OTA...I won't be near a computer for a while?
    If you want to upgrade you will need to do it from a PC.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Well I finally did it, took my mem card out and ran the upgrade.... everthing seems ok so far I had to reinistall myspace, because the icon wasnt there anymore, but i just installed it again and it showed up. So far everything is running great, except I dont see that my emails are in html, is there anything else I need to do?

Now my wifes phone had a weird connection issue and she pushed a button on it and the setup wizard was on, so I ran that and all and it seemed as if none of her old messages or programs were there, just the new OS, I looked at the computer and it said it was unable to connect, so i unhooked the phone and then pluged it back in, and it took off and loaded her old info and stuff and now everything is fine

Those of you saying it didnt install your programs or contacts, i dont think made sure the process finished, run a restore and try again.... I mean I hope you ran your own backup before you attempted this lol.

Video works great and it does seem alot more responsive. I still have alot of programs to check but so far so good.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

techlyc no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello, new poster here!

I ran the update, *with memory card in*, successfully - lovin new themes and the video camera!

Only one snag - it didn't wipe the memory card, i didn't lose any apps or games - when the phone boots up with the memory card, it freezes within 15 - 20 seconds of hitting home screen, or the phone responds/moves unbearbably slowly until an inveitable freeze within 5 minutes of bootup on a random screen.

The only keys that work at this point (due to modifier icon in the top right) are SHIFT and ALT - the trackball does nothing, the power button and convenience keys do nothing. Have to battery pull at this point.

All my stuff is still on the card. My roommate's GF has the same phone, and I tried her memory card - same effect.

If I boot up my phone with NO memory card - IT WORKS PERFECTLY. Quick, responsive, and sweet. I wanted to hear your collective thoughts BEFORE trying to purchase a brand new card for the phone.

Thanks again for your input.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast