Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I have been trying to do this so many times and I keep getting no ... Smartphone News forum

terpits no está en línea Stack level 1

Wtf

Advertisement

I have been trying to do this so many times and I keep getting no updates found and I have the latest. I DO NOT! I have v4.3.0.93

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by terpits View Post
    I have been trying to do this so many times and I keep getting no updates found and I have the latest. I DO NOT! I have v4.3.0.93
    Do you have an 8310 curve or a 8110 pearl? The update is just for the curve
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Did mine and so far so good. Only thing it didn't restore was my BB messager open messages. Not sure if I reloaded my backup if they would be there or not. Anybody know?

I always lose open BBM convos when I update, I don't think they get saved in the backup, just contacts.
    Twitter? My Apps List

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    every time I did a battery pull I lost them too until I got this 8310. It never lost them until doing this OS change. I might try the backup, don't think it could hurt anything

acidbaby no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have .108 any idea if there is a change or is this just the official?

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    I always lose open BBM convos when I update, I don't think they get saved in the backup, just contacts.
    When you do an update??? How often do you update your OS?
    Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

I have upgraded and downgraded between 4 different OS versions in the last 6 weeks or so, testing different versions trying to solve a conflict with Alltel BBs where upgrading to the version of docs-to-go with excel causes MMS to stop working
    Twitter? My Apps List

InfinityPlayer no está en línea Stack level 3

Email Notification?

How did you guys get the notification via email? I have AT&T 8310 and landline with an email address that i have at home, but STILL no email from them to upgrade

Define irony: A bunch of idiots dancing on a plane to a song that was sung by a band that got killed on a plane. - By a man who is in a movie about those very idiots dancing on the plane he was on.

boomergolf no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    244F2754
    you can sign up in the BB owners lounge for updates. When an update for you phone comes up you get the e-mail. the same can be done at AT&T
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

PN 244F2754

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Glad to get home and see you guys finally got some love .. Also you can leave the card in and maybe get lucky but I have seen way to many people leave it in and pay for it later. My suggestion is take it out but thats up to you.

Thanks to Ro for the post, and Cowboy thanks for the heads up re card. Took it out for update, and everything went perfect, whereas the previous one from Rogers that I'd done with the card in had some sort of caveat that the update wasn't thoroughly complete....although it seemed to have functioned properly...
    anyway, thanks guys

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does BBMaps 4.5 work on this AT&T release or do we need to revert back to old 1.2 version?

I too just loaded 108 yesterday!!

Thanks.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

keizerjrr no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey there upgrade went fine.... apart from taking approx. 49 mins. Everything works fine. Of course have to reset all 3rd party applications. One glitch though, my updated Documents to go is back to standard. When I go to updates it tries to update, but comes up with an incompatable file, errors on the install and shuts the upgrade down. Hope this gets resolved, or I get selected to recieve the free copy of the program they are giving away tomorrow.

I had an issue with the docs to go upgrade as well with incompatible file. What I did was go to the upgrade page and click the link for the download, but instead of clicking the actual download button, click menu/add bookmark and bookmark the link. Then delete the docs to go that came with 4.5, restart your BB then go to the bookmark and download the updated version. Hope this works for you as well, give it a try.
    Twitter? My Apps List

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by keizerjrr View Post
    Hey there upgrade went fine.... apart from taking approx. 49 mins. Everything works fine. Of course have to reset all 3rd party applications. One glitch though, my updated Documents to go is back to standard. When I go to updates it tries to update, but comes up with an incompatable file, errors on the install and shuts the upgrade down. Hope this gets resolved, or I get selected to recieve the free copy of the program they are giving away tomorrow.
    Have you tried a battery pull or to unistall docs to go and reinstall. Then after that attempting the upgrade?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast