... More companies are banning the use of BlackBerry devices, mobile phones and other portable ... Smartphone News forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Office caution: Mind manners, not gadgets

Advertisement

... More companies are banning the use of BlackBerry devices, mobile phones and other portable technology in company and client meetings to better ensure that -- Read More

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Re: Office caution: Mind manners, not gadgets

now they would not have all us crackberry addicts in mind when posting this now would they . . .. oh wait gotta check my messeage - . . . . have an incoming txt . . . . oh yes where were we???
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

You know, this will always be contraversial between companies and employees, but this is the way that I look at it:

Yes, during the work day I do use my berry quite a bit, for both business and personal reasons.

However, while I am outside of work and "off the clock", I also tend to any business that happens, therefore I believe that some use of a Berry in the office for personal reasons is justified (In my job and my mind atleast).

However, it would be really hard to determine how much actually is work and how much is pleasure, with this thing going off approximately once every 2 minutes.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Agreed Nate. I seem to be answering as many business emails on my BB at nite and on weekends as during the work day.

jaydabee no está en línea Stack level 3

Another case of a few rude people ruining it for the rest of us. I just recently set up mine with Notifire so that only certain emails activate the LED and I can tell the level of importance of the person sending me the message by how it is flashing. No more constantly glancing at it wondering if it's my boss, a client, a bored cow-orker or the aliens sending me pictures of the new planets. God those aliens take a lot of pictures.

shafferds no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23d2a4fe

Quote Originally Posted by jaydabee
    Another case of a few rude people ruining it for the rest of us. I just recently set up mine with Notifire so that only certain emails activate the LED and I can tell the level of importance of the person sending me the message by how it is flashing. No more constantly glancing at it wondering if it's my boss, a client, a bored cow-orker or the aliens sending me pictures of the new planets. God those aliens take a lot of pictures.
    yeah i sure hate those aliens - keep buggin me at all hours of the day and night
    DO OR DO NOT THERE IS NO TRY

clmccullough no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    324A7733

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I think that if you are professional about the use then you'll balance out the usage. However, if you are one of those who eBays (or other truly nonwork stuff) via their BB then you need to have your priorities adjusted.