If your a Verizon person and have been waiting for the Nexus One to appear ... Smartphone News forum

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Nexus One On Verizon

Advertisement

If your a Verizon person and have been waiting for the Nexus One to appear on the shelves, you may be happy to know MobileCrunch has posted some FCC updates related to the Nexus One. Verizon customers may not have to wait much longer.
    Here is the Google link for those wanting to check it's availablitiy on Verizon.

Full Article
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-27-2010 at 11:57 AM.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hopefully the 3G experience for users will be better on this CDMA version than the t-mo version. Wonder when it will be official and how it will do now that google has had time to figure out how to handle support issues etc...
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm really hoping they have the kinks worked out b4 getting over to both Verizon and AT&T. My plan is to actually get one once AT&T's version is available. I don't antisipate leaving my iP but I do want to have/use the Nexus One and experiment with it.

And now to add to the rumor...a proclaimed release date of March 23

[read]
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I see that Good news seems to be spreading Link Let's hope it's true. Where is my AT&T at?

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    Wondering how many present Droiders are waiting to jump ship, I Luv my Droid so I wont be among the *cough cough* Trators. After all, This Droid, This Droid right here :-) Run circles around Nexus!
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

PIN/ID
    Retired
    I'm not jumping but rather joining the group

I will be an "Android-iac"

Edit*
    I'm still very interested in how Google or the Android system will progress. The Eco-system as a whole. Will there be a Nexus Two soon or will we be seeing 2.1.x updates during the year. Here is a post that takes a look at both systems (Apple & Google)
    Last edited by srl7741; 02-28-2010 at 01:34 PM.

I am quite happy with my Droid and am in no hurry to get anything new yet. I wonder about Android's future. I think it could get into trouble if some current practices don't get changed such as preparing to release new devices on 1.6 so many months after 2.0 & 2.1 have been out. I do not think its a god thing.....developers will be challenged by the diversity and consumers will be frustrated by what they are lacking.
    Twitter? My Apps List

PIN/ID
    Retired
    That link I listed above also talks about that (azstar). That is why I'm interested in seeing how it develops. There are several challenges that need to be met. The lack of memory and or running Apps off the memory card is another hurdle.

Although running apps from the sd card will be a plus, but the memory is not an issue for me so far. I have about 130 apps installed and there's room for more. But in order to compete with the likes of the iPhone for mobile gaming, running from the sd or dramatically increased internal memory is a must.

But I think nexus one adopters will be happy, there hasn't been anything yet that I couldn't install due to lack of memory. If i could have said the same about my bb I may not have switched
    Twitter? My Apps List

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I hear ya Azstar, I'm presently running 120 and room for a whole lot more, and it doesn't even interfere at all, I'm zipping around @ 1.2 with no issues at all. But it would be nice to be able to run some games from the SD card. I may have entertain the thought of those with Droid eying the Nexus but it was in Just, I really don't see that happening and if it does than I would wonder why.

But Nexus coming to Verizon will be an additional plus for Big Red, Two of the Hottest Android out, but you know that HTC Desire looks pretty good.

WhitePearlPXL no está en línea Stack level 4
    Happy with my Droid as well
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.0.1; en-us; Droid Build/ESD56) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17