View Poll Results: Would you prefer a touch-screen BB?

Voters
521. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

258 49.52%
  • No

263 50.48%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by wmc1958 Speaking of new phones, will Nextel ever offer a new Blackberry? ... Smartphone News forum

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Smile Re: Next Generation Blackberry to feature touch-screen technology?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by wmc1958 View Post
    Speaking of new phones, will Nextel ever offer a new Blackberry? Not impressed with 7100i
    i had that same phone through nexthell also nd I couldn't stand it. Almost gave me a bad impression of bb alltogether... whew glad I wised up and saw there was something better.

chiflada525 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Next Generation Blackberry to feature touch-screen technology?

I deal with dirty money all day at the bank
    and I wear make-up,
    it'd never stay clean.
    lol.

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    no thanks.

I just don't see what the purpose of the touch screen would be with the keyboard? the bb OS functions so well without it. I'd rather see them continue to make the best product and further improve on it rather than try to de-worse-ify to follow a trend. Let LG battle it out in the touch screen market.

p.s. I'm rather impressed with the Voyager as a competitor.
    don't see a purpose? When I owned the MDA when it came out I thought it was a excellent idea. Touch Screen can be annoying at times especially when your trying to type a simple message so the addition of the keyboard helped out in those situations. Every other feature worked with the touch screen.

Quote Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
    I agree with this. And RIM is not that stupid to remove the keyboard...... Business oriented touch screen/keyboard would be butter!!!!
    Yes that it would.

Wilfred no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2138A139

Well although I like the keyboard a lot I would like to see a good touchscreen too, just hope is not as sensitive as my samsung strawberry/chocolate that everytime i answer my ear is pressing buttons even though i set sensitivity high.

Other alternative could be having both options? I would like to see something like the HTC Touch cruise with some desklets like vista or google bar

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

Blackberries are business 1st - touch screens are for the kids on the playground.

The blackberry users I know are all business base purpose users, Email and the pinning are most important

I rather see them work on something like media streaming (slingbox) than a touch screen.

Why don’t they just ask us fro a wish list of what we want on our blackberrys?

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

If the phone size and keyboard stayed as is for a model such as the Pearl then I would love a touch screen. If it got bigger than no.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

supaaccord no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree, touchscreen's get dirty and scratched. Trackball is much nicer. Rim should take the trackball to the next level and make a laser sensor like what we have now in newer computer mice. That way no need to worry about trackball getting dirty and/or malfunctioning.imo.

dave17 no está en línea Stack level 1

well the touch screen wouldnt get messy or filmy if it was a hard suface, but if it a soft screen like the old big screen tv's lol then no it will suck and get dirty!!

mdwaite no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by vargas28 View Post
    I agree no touch screen for me however I have an 8700c and I love my trackwheel....anyone agree?
    I agree that the 8700 series clickwheel was superior to any other navigation method (IMHO). Let's get something that resembles the Curve in specs and form and lose the trackball alltogether.
    "Would you say I have a
    plethora of Blackberrys?"

Izzyontheeyes no está en línea Stack level 2

I went through a PPC 6700 (touchscreen with slide-out keyboard) and then a Treo. When I decided to get a BB, I thought I's miss the touchscreen. Not for one minute! I hated how dirty the screen got all the time, and how everything would get pressed all the time. I don't see myself going back to touchscreens any time soon. And it they do come out with a BB with a slide out keyborad and touchscreen, wouldn't it look and feel less like a BB? I'd feel like RIM is "selling out" in a way

crackberryist no está en línea Stack level 3

hmmm touchscreen on a biz phone??? only if qwerty is added too
    WHY USE DRUGS IF YOU GOT A CRACKBERRY
    UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE I'M THE ONLY "ACTIVE" STACKER IN TURKEY

tomvb2000 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek View Post
    ...I liked the touch screen on my Treo. Kept it protected with a Body Glove case. Now a touch screen with no keyboard would be a deal breaker for me. I like having the keyboard to come back to (onscreen keyboards are too small). A slide functionality would definitely kill it in my books also. We see so many slide phones in for broken ribbon cables due to dirt building up between the slides and wearing the insulation off the ribbon cable causing it to short out.

Zo
    I agree completely. Coming from a Treo/touchscreen+keyboard background, I've adapted to the Curve fine but when you have a touchscreen app, you typically have more options onscreen and therefore much shorter menus and a slightly better UI. For example, RIM has done a nice job making the menu options in Messages pretty unique but you still have 5 that start with S. That means the shortest way to get to Search Subject is Options plus 4 Ss. With a touchscreen, it's conceivable the path would be much shorter.

For me, keeping the physical keyboard on top is a must - thinner devices that way than with side slides. Having hard protective plastic/glass over the screen does make my Curve more durable, but I've honestly never had durability problems with my Treo touchscreens.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)-->Tour (9630)

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5

Blackberry touch screen

rammerjammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    wilsticu

I would like a screen and keyboard the size of the 8700 with a trackball. No touchscreen.
    Last edited by rammerjammer; 01-27-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: error
    Yellowhammer

corrnell no está en línea Stack level 1

i prefer the trackball.. its ok for RIM to offer an alternative product for different market..
    It will be much better if RIM can combines both (which i highly doubt it will happen)

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast