View Poll Results: Would you prefer a touch-screen BB?

Voters
521. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

258 49.52%
  • No

263 50.48%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

A touch screen with a trackball as well, ya that is strange thing to look ... Smartphone News forum

AndyR no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Next Generation Blackberry to feature touch-screen technology?

Advertisement

A touch screen with a trackball as well, ya that is strange thing to look for but if its all touch screen you are going to need two hands to operate it.
    One had to hold the device and other hand to operate it. But a trackball allows you to operate the device with a single hand

People will go to the new Voyager and being a google fan i am looking forward to their release of their phone: "google phone" or "gPhone"

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3

a treo meets blackberry seems cool in theory, but i think the only way i could go to something like that was if we had a choice to use it one way or the other. have a touch screen/stylus mode and or regular trackball mode.

LPTruth no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

I have the Ipod touch and although it's great for that application, I love my BB without that feature! Typing on it is uber slow and very touchy. No thanks, I'll keep my trackball and buttons!
    www.BlackLightThemes.com
    Free Ringtones, Wallpapers and Themes
    www.BBIconStore.com
    Make your new theme Pop with new Icons

KriK no está en línea Stack level 3

My personal feelings on touch screen devices are strongly negative. However, I would love to see RIM's answer to this particular section of the market.

As with most Berry users I quickly became a "crackBerry" addict, for the past five years I have steadily had every single device RIM has produced with the exception of the 8130 and the 8320. I have been steadily impressed with the balance in RIM's interface and user friendliness. I have people who can't turn on a computer using their berries for every necessary application and I also have customers who are network administrators who use their berries for every other conceivable application on the market.

Find me an iPhone or decent touch screen device that can say the same?

If RIM can enter the touch screen market at a consumer level and make a larger impact than the Pearl and Curve have had so far in the prosumer demographic then why not?

That is what good business is all about right? Finding more ways to make more money? RIM just happens to do it well.

All that being said, if RIM were ever to move to exclusively touch screen devices like the iPhone or even remove the trackball and roll to a hybrid device like the Treo I would be the first to turn my back on my habit and run to the nearest detox centre.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5

touchscreen? hmm...
    not to fond about this..
    IMO i think they should keep the trackball!
    but if they bring a touchscreen, they should try to incorporate a TB at the bottom of the device, and a slide out key would be a must!
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

im somewhat excited specially if all of these specs on it are accurate this bb is going to be a beast. but in all sincerity. it will be a secondary device for me. i will always have my curve or some variation with a keyboard. i need a tactile feedback. but i deff will be getting this if it does infact come out and if these rumors are true

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3

I think if the New BBs had the same keyboard and a touch screen, it might be very cool. I've tried to type on an iPhone and its really hard to be accurate. But the touch screen is nice. But maybe mixing the 2 might give better results and be much cooler!
    Follow me on Twitter: summertyme98

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by summerhowell View Post
    I think if the New BBs had the same keyboard and a touch screen, it might be very cool. I've tried to type on an iPhone and its really hard to be accurate. But the touch screen is nice. But maybe mixing the 2 might give better results and be much cooler!
    I agree 110%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5

It would be awesome to have both the keyboard and touch screen as well as the trackball. That would be a far superior phone than anything else on the market today.

I would by lots of those!!!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

daddy11 no está en línea Stack level 1

simple question, anyway to print out texts sent and recieved thru the blackberry pearl if u hook it up to your pc

vargas28 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203d044b

I agree no touch screen for me however I have an 8700c and I love my trackwheel....anyone agree?

tj2311111 Guest

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Im okay with a touch screen as long as they still keep the key board. Something like the HTC Tilt were they have the keyboard and touch screen functionability. I couldn't stand just touch screen.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

no thanks.

I just don't see what the purpose of the touch screen would be with the keyboard? the bb OS functions so well without it. I'd rather see them continue to make the best product and further improve on it rather than try to de-worse-ify to follow a trend. Let LG battle it out in the touch screen market.

p.s. I'm rather impressed with the Voyager as a competitor.

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja View Post
    no thanks.

I just don't see what the purpose of the touch screen would be with the keyboard? the bb OS functions so well without it. I'd rather see them continue to make the best product and further improve on it rather than try to de-worse-ify to follow a trend. Let LG battle it out in the touch screen market.

p.s. I'm rather impressed with the Voyager as a competitor.

I have to disagree..... RIM is innovative and a touch BB will tap into what alot people with treos want. Which is a touch screen, and keyboard smartphone. You saying that it is a trend is far from the truth. Palm thought that if they just stuck to whats working 5 years ago instead being innovative they would be on top.And look at them now. Many people didnt want a camera on BB and then it came out on the Pearl and everyone has or wants one......

Innovative is a requisite of improvement.....

You combine RIM OS and enterprise solution, with a keyboard and touch screen you would have the ultimate phone.
    BB8900 is mine!

tdawg no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    241F06A2

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Im okay with a touch screen as long as they still keep the key board. Something like the HTC Tilt were they have the keyboard and touch screen functionability. I couldn't stand just touch screen.
    I agree with this. And RIM is not that stupid to remove the keyboard...... Business oriented touch screen/keyboard would be butter!!!!
    BB8900 is mine!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast