View Poll Results: Would you prefer a touch-screen BB?

Voters
521. Register free to vote on this poll
  • Yes

258 49.52%
  • No

263 50.48%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by Toddboy71 As long as touch screen isn't the ONLY BB offered, I ... Smartphone News forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Next Generation Blackberry to feature touch-screen technology?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Toddboy71 View Post
    As long as touch screen isn't the ONLY BB offered, I have no issue with RIM attempting to target a broader range of customers. But I have no desire for a touchscreen.
    Thanks! You took the words right out of my mouth, could not have said it better myself!

I'm with you, the lack of a touchscreen is the very reason I love the BlackBerry Platform so much. The overall physical durability of the device is second to none. Thanks in part to a solid lens over the display. I have NO desire, nor will I ever have a desire for touchscreens. I'm very open minded to most anything except touchscreen.

RIM: please don't ruin the BB!

Cheers!

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Trust me on this: The 9xxx series will NOT have a touch screen at all.

The only thing you will accomplish with a touch screen on the 9 series is to press down on it as hard as you can so you can bust your screen.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

I think it would be a good option for a BB. I love my trackball but I know that I would be able to get used to a touch-screen also. I would like to have the option of both, or having both in 1 phone.
    Last edited by lauren25; 11-29-2007 at 06:52 PM.
    ~Lauren

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB View Post
    Trust me on this: The 9xxx series will NOT have a touch screen at all.
    Somehow I thought this would probably be the case, however I never take anything for granted.

Whew! Thanks for the reality check!

Charlie Hustle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    skdck

if touch screen is an option, then im all for it. Bit i need my keyboard.

goldengirl75 no está en línea Stack level 5

I just read on TheStreet.com (News & Analysis: Hardware) that the rumor is RIM might be working on 9*** series and would combine all the best features of BlackBerry phones with touch screen capabilities--I think it would be interesting, only if the button features are present. I wouldn't want the Iphone limitations of touch screen only.
    Last edited by goldengirl75; 11-27-2007 at 01:15 PM.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yes. RIM in fact is at work (and has been for sometime) on a possible touch screen device, however, the first round of the 9 series will not be touchscreen equipped. In fact, I doubt that any 9 series device will be touch screen equipped at all, as it will probably fall under it's own code.

Everyone thinks this is big news and a big deal. It's not.

Just because RIM is attempting to create a touchscreen device (and trust me, they have been working all of this even before the iphone was announced/launched), doesn't mean that it's necessarily going to happen, although in the future it probably will.

Take for example all of the thousands of cars that General Motors has sitting up at it's headquarters in Michigan. Just because they toyed and entertained an idea, doesn't necessarily mean that is going to make it into production.

So once again...

Will a BlackBerry EVER have a touchscreen? More than likely.
    Will it be the 9 series when it drops next year? No.

I am seriously about to contract BoDog and have them make this something you can bet on, because something tells me that I would be raking in a ton of money April/May of next year.

bleenk no está en línea Stack level 1

It won't hurt to have a touchscreen bb for those who want it.

Grendle65 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Next Generation Blackberry to feature touch-screen technology?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Hustle View Post
    if touch screen is an option, then im all for it. Bit i need my keyboard.
    I agree, I would like the touch screen if you could turn it off and on.

CashCrandle no está en línea Stack level 2

Well I voted No, but now that I think about it, I vote yes, YES YES YES. I would like to see how the BB does it, I like the idea of a tough glass screen being completly scratch proof. Yeah and no more dirty trackball, you could throw the thing in your pocket with your keys! By the way, anyone thinking BB has the edge over the iPhone, you did take into consideration that not everyone could have iPhones right? Service isn't available in my area. So you have to think about availability. There is really too much to take into consideration, people not wanting to break their BB contract to get an iPhone. I dunno, just don't be quick to jump to conclusions. I would love to see a BB touch screen, I would actually probably be one of the firsts to get one (on Alltel). I'm sure BB would still keep its bad *** push e-mail. ONLY downfall would be the feel of the keyboard, being able to type without looking at it. I hope this information helps, good luck.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

BB's have the edge over iPhone's in a few places. The iPhone's edge all lies in it's advanced Touch Screen (which is an awesome feel to use) and it's stable OS (due to Apple's OS's being inherently stable because of their original platform). BB's have the edge due to picture messaging, higher memory capacity (32 GB in some units with HCSD support), long term proven reliability, easy upgrade and downgrading of software, wide selection of 3rd party software support, ease of activation, and unlock capability (despite what some people think, that last statement is becoming more and more important to people even if they never leave the company they are on).
    I personally would never use an iPhone and inform any customers in my store about the differences without recommending one over the other unless asked. I did love having a touch screen and would jump at the chance to have a BB with the iPhone's 3D touchscreen but would hate to lose my keyboard. If they could do something with that touchscreen in a format that puts it about the same size as an 8700, 83XX, or 88XX and keep the keyboard I would be so happy.

Zo

raeford no está en línea Stack level 2

I had the ATT 8525 and gave up the touch screen after a couple of months...thanks but no thanks!

drgti16v no está en línea Stack level 1

Touch screen, no thank you. I like my trackball.

Quote Originally Posted by drgti16v View Post
    I like my trackball.
    You've brought up a very good point here, regarding the trackball. While I've always liked trackballs for computers, I was quite hesitant to purchase a trackball equipped BB, as the ball "looked" so small and the in-store experience was rather non plus for me. Especially with the first generation of 88xx and 83xx.

Nonetheless, I challenged myself to give it a try and I am very impressed. In fact I can honestly say that I find a noticeable improvement in the trackballs responsiveness and overall "feeling" on the new 2nd gen. 8310 and 8820. Little did I realize that the transition from the much loved click wheel on the side of my earlier BB's would be so easy and fun.

seastkc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    241BF728

Having an ipod touch in my car lets me know that it isn't a very good deal. Ever try dialing numbers without being able to feel the button. Not easy. About to wreck my car just trying to flip through songs. Nice looking but doesn't function very well. Not to mention the buttons are strange in the way they react to touch sometimes selecting when you're trying to scroll and sometimes won't respond to your touch. Multiply that by having it on you're phone where you're pushing more than next track buttons and it's a bad combination. Just my outlook. Wouldn't get rid of my iPod I get too much joy in showing it off but I wouldn't trade my trackball Curve for an iPhone except to maybe sell the iphone and buy two curves.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast