Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by peguero I was a big PICONEWS fan, until they stopped refreshing their ... Smartphone News forum

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: NewsGatorGo - was $29.99, now FREE download

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by peguero View Post
    I was a big PICONEWS fan, until they stopped refreshing their feeds so I switched to VIIGO.

I just installed GATOR and I like the super clean look and the ability to catergorize your feeds into folders and create folders is great.

But unlike VIIGO, I don't see any options to load, search for any blogs or feeds directly from the berry.
    Also images associated with posts do not load into GATOR.

I am willing to get GATOR a try for a few days but imho VIIGO so far is the feed reader to beat.
    I've been using Viigo for some time as well. I thought I'd give Newsgator a shot. I like the look so far but have noticed the things you mentioned. Things that I DO like about Newsgator though: Accessing links in articles and syncing with their web reader.

I look forward to playing with Gator a bit more.

donc36 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd View Post
    I've been using Viigo for some time as well. I thought I'd give Newsgator a shot. I like the look so far but have noticed the things you mentioned. Things that I DO like about Newsgator though: Accessing links in articles and syncing with their web reader.

I look forward to playing with Gator a bit more.
    I've used Viigo and Freerange. Newsgator is nice, the sync to the web reader is a huge difference between it and Freerange (which NG is based off of)

I do miss the ablitity to add feeds from the device.

sarge_44 no está en línea Stack level 3

Does this require a data plan

Quote Originally Posted by donc36 View Post
    I've used Viigo and Freerange. Newsgator is nice, the sync to the web reader is a huge difference between it and Freerange (which NG is based off of)

I do miss the ablitity to add feeds from the device.
    Yes. I find that annoying as well. Another thing: my feeds disappear when they are empty. I don't like that at all.

But I do like: folders.

tj2311111 Guest

Ill stick to Viigo then. AT least until they add the ability to add feeds from the phone.
    Last edited by tj2311111; 01-10-2008 at 04:02 PM.

stevevader no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20F0917D

Thanks Iraed74, after reading these posts I may stick with Viigo,however. I'll keep a better eye on those link addresses from now on.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Another thing: my feeds disappear when they are empty. I don't like that at all.
    OK, I can't figure this out. This CAN'T be the way that it is designed. How am I supposed to read messages marked as read if I want to? I have to be missing some sort of setting. Why do my feeds disappear when there are no unread messages in them?

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by nmadd View Post
    OK, I can't figure this out. This CAN'T be the way that it is designed. How am I supposed to read messages marked as read if I want to? I have to be missing some sort of setting. Why do my feeds disappear when there are no unread messages in them?
    That option is only online under "My Settings". Under "User Settings" you uncheck "Only show folders with unread items". Some settings you have to go online to choose.

BTW, don't mark the messages as read if you want to read them later. They will disappear.
    Last edited by quiche; 01-10-2008 at 06:28 PM.

lldru32 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Good Stuff!!!

summerhowell no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded NewsGator and I don't like it. You can only manage your feeds via PC. At least with Viigo, you can manage your deeds via your blackberry.

~via BB Pearl (wap.pinstack.com)~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

I downloaded and installed...

Started right up, but I went into my folder for Technology articles, and it appears that it won't download articles within a folder until I actually open the folder...doesn't even prefetch headers it seems.

Is there an option to set it to pre-fetch headers? If so, I don't see it. One of the things I *love* about Viigo is the "automatic updates" option. I leave Viigo running in the background, and it fetches headline updates throughout the day. When I open Viigo - the snippets are already there, waiting for me. Instead, with NewsGatorGo, it seems that there are no choices for automatic background downloads of the articles.

After using Viigo, I'm totally used to having my articles downloaded and waiting for me.

I like the extra options that NewsGatorGo includes, but if that means having to give up automated downloads, then I suspect I'll be deleting NewsGatorGo really soon and sticking with Viigo...

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

i'll give it a try and see what i think
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

lraed74 no está en línea Stack level 3

I deleted it....Viigo is bettter in my opinion.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by lraed74 View Post
    I deleted it....Viigo is bettter in my opinion.
    This is my first reaction as well. I like some of the extra options - and hope that the Viigo folks incorporate some of them as they evolve the product. But overall, I'm still finding the Viigo experience better than NewsGatorGo. The interface feels more navigable, the background downloads are crucial in my opinion - and that's a clear 100% win for Viigo. One of the big features of an RSS reader like this is that it CAN sync when there's a signal, and still let you browse headlines when it's offline. Viigo makes that possible, while NewsGatorGo does not.

I almost uninstalled NewsGatorGo last night after an hour of use, but decided to give it one more day. At this point, my guess is that it will be gone by nightfall.

tcusta00 no está en línea Stack level 1

I've been using Viigo for about a year too and agree with everything that's been said so far. The download problem mentioned at the top hung me up for a few minutes until I decided to check here. That's just annoying!

Anyway, I agree with the last post, this thing won't last long on my device. I'm guessing they had to make it free to compete with Viigo.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast